COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (6 Viewers)

Pennsylvania is near the bottom. They have not handled the pandemic well, though almost everyone wears masks where I am.

Pennsylvania is near the bottom. They have not handled the pandemic well, though almost everyone wears masks where I am.

I gotta think it's partly due to a lot of the people living out in the country. The Amish I believe are pretty much "if it's my time, it's my time." That said, every state has people like that, but PA just seems to have more of them. My guess anyway.

I gotta think it's partly due to a lot of the people living out in the country. The Amish I believe are pretty much "if it's my time, it's my time." That said, every state has people like that, but PA just seems to have more of them. My guess anyway.
Actually, it seems to be a distribution issue. Our county (Chester) has just been told that we're not getting any more vaccines for a while. I'll let Flygirl comment on the Amish, but that could be part of the problem as well.

Does anyone know where I can find the positivity % in Louisiana? The last few days NOLA.com and WDSU are posting the # of positive cases, but not total amount of tests.

I had thought the Amish were very, very small in number -- small enough to not be able to affect Pennsylvania's numbers for any metric.

I had thought the Amish were very, very small in number -- small enough to not be able to affect Pennsylvania's numbers for any metric.

Yeah, probably. I want to say there's just under 100k Amish in PA. Idk, good point. I was more thinking out loud.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom