COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (9 Viewers)

signed onto my care provider to schedule an appt
...no appointments available
:confused:
i text this to my wife and she says she signed up for hers and it's scheduled for tomorrow
:idunno:

Hospitalizations are the key stat imo
Do we now think that the once-assumed correlation between (a) raw positive case counts and (b) number hospitalized is breaking? IOW ... are truly mild cases (no long hauler symptoms) now much more the overwhelmingly common norm than, say, back in spring & summer 2020?

I hope all this turns out to be true, Mr. S. I made the drive from Slidell to Covington last Thursday morning and I received the Pfizer vaccine. I waited the required 15 minutes after receiving the shot before heading back to Slidell.

About half-way back, I started feeling quite fatigued and had trouble staying awake. I made it home and slept about 14 of the next 24 hours. When I got up late Friday morning I felt much better, but later in the day the fatigue returned, had aching in my joints (mostly hips and shoulders), was running a fever (100.4), and nausea that was nonstop. I also had zero appetite. When I did try to eat a little something, the nausea would abate a little but was replaced by stomach pains. Here it is Sunday night and I am still experiencing all these side-effects from the vaccine.

From all I have read, the second injection is more likely prone to side-effects. If I can avoid a second injection I would be one happy camper. Still running around a 100.0 fever. The max was 100.6. I sure hope this all ends soon.
Sounds like you may have already had it prior to the first shot. Asymptomatic maybe?

signed onto my care provider to schedule an appt
...no appointments available
:confused:
i text this to my wife and she says she signed up for hers and it's scheduled for tomorrow
:idunno:
Wife felt very few effects (slight soreness at the injection point)
My school ditched the ‘provider’pkan and will have a pharmacy come to school Monday to administer shots

very disappointed to read about no one getting mutant powers
Maybe I can do something in advance to help the process
thoughts?

Wife felt very few effects (slight soreness at the injection point)
My school ditched the ‘provider’pkan and will have a pharmacy come to school Monday to administer shots

very disappointed to read about no one getting mutant powers
Maybe I can do something in advance to help the process
thoughts?
1) Find the hex
2) go thru field
3) repeat several times
4) profit

Were you around anyone prior to get the vaccine that could have exposed you to Covid? I've heard of some allergic reactions, some people with symptoms like yours but there haven't been any reports of symptoms from the vaccine lasting a week. You may want to get tested if there was any chance you were exposed in the 7 days leading up to the vaccine. If not then I would report your symptoms to a doctor.

As for the vaccine, the studies for the phizer vaccine show a really strong response after 22 days. The booster shot boosts the antibodies by 10 fold though. So while the protection it offers is only a small percentage higher against the typical strains, the booster will help with the newer strains and likely offer very long lasting immunity. Got to admit though, if the first one made me feel as bad as you are then I'd probably just roll with the first shot. Hopefully you feel better soon.

As for the 15 or so people that have gotten the vaccine so far, the only sypmtom any of them have had is a sore arm and they all had that. Know a few that had the second shot and none had more than a sore arm for that either but I'm expecting a down day. My 2nd shot has been postponed twice now due to the weather but it is scheduled for Wednesday. I'm staying up late the night before and getting up early that morning with the plans of sleeping hard after getting the shot.
I have read but (can't confirm) that if you experience side effects from the first shot it means you already have antibodies (ie you've had COVID).

Hope you feel better!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Sounds like you may have already had it prior to the first shot. Asymptomatic maybe?

It's possible I guess, even though I was extremely cautious using all the recommended preventatives. I never once had any symptoms. I did have back-to-back kidney infections in December and January. On the first one, they tested me for both Covid and flu and both were negative. The urinalysis confirmed a UTI bacterial infection. The second infection a better antibiotic was used and eliminated the kidney infection for good.

A couple of days after I posted about my reactions to the Pfizer vaccine, they declined rapidly and left me with just the fatigue issue. Again, thanks for the feedback everybody.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom