COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (19 Viewers)

Our school released their plan tonight on reopening. It's going to be a slow train wreck. I notice they said they offer remote learning options for qualified students. I'm going to see what it takes to get qualified. Maybe the fact that my wife works in a hospital and is high risk might be enough?? Their bus plan is horrible....basically the same as last year. Full buses running normal routes. My kids will not be on the bus. It's just unrealistic to think schools can open right now and people not end up dead from it.

Our school released their plan tonight on reopening. It's going to be a slow train wreck. I notice they said they offer remote learning options for qualified students. I'm going to see what it takes to get qualified. Maybe the fact that my wife works in a hospital and is high risk might be enough?? Their bus plan is horrible....basically the same as last year. Full buses running normal routes. My kids will not be on the bus. It's just unrealistic to think schools can open right now and people not end up dead from it.

It's going to be a disaster. The fact that we're even entertaining this let alone seem determined to push through with it is nothing short of insane to me.

Schools are going to be an absolute mess. There is no way that this will be anywhere near a normal year.

Mississippi with almost a 1000 new cases and 44 new deaths today. Of note, the Lt. Governor tested postive along with 7 other politicians. The Governor has tested negative and is back in self isolation for the third time in 4 months.
Did they ever close?

I got tested today with Mrs Sparkle after we found out that we were exposed to someone last Friday who has since tested postive.

We have no symptoms and have been isolating since we found out.

Anyway it was not the quick swab it was the old school swab that goes all the way back into your brain.

Nurse: "who wants to go first?"

Mrs. "I will."

*swabbed without a word*

Nurse: "Your turn."

*starts swabbing*

Me: "Aaaaarrregghhh...

" I can't.... Uggggghhh

*tears streaming**"

Nurse "Yeah let's try again"

*swabs*

Me: *whimpering* *tears*

-----
Leaving the clinic:

Wife: "God that was embarrassing. Try having a baby."

Me: 😕

Has anything been heard about this by anyone else.
First I've heard but couple things that really stand out.
1) He's treated 12 people with Covid.
2) He claims one of them were in the hospital in serious condition for a week, gave them the treatment and 3 days later she went back to work and would still have been contagious.

Hope he's right and I could see how that would be helpful but 12 people.

It's going to be a disaster. The fact that we're even entertaining this let alone seem determined to push through with it is nothing short of insane to me.
I would post the video of it but honestly it's going to be similar everywhere. They're totally forcing it and I wonder how much of it is financial based, daycare needs based, and ego based. All 3 could be gleaned from the video.

Interesting chart of how infection spread
In an early case:

Did they ever close?
In reality, no we did not. We were under a stay at home order, but you could still go to Walmart,McDonalds,Home Depot etc etc. That's what in my uneducated opinion is not a true shutdown

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom