COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (9 Viewers)

Similar to the football discussion, people tend to dumb these conversations down to the party least likely to die. With football, it's the players, and with school, it's the kids.

What about the coaching staffs, referees, trainers, etc. that have people over the age of 55?

In the case of school, what about the teachers, office faculty, cafeteria workers, etc.?

It was addressed in the many links I provided, seems no one wants to read or give them any credence... even though the sources are reliable. Weird.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

School kids don’t appear to transmit the new coronavirus to peers or teachers, a French study found, weighing in on the crucial topic of children’s role in propagating Covid-19.

Scientists at Institut Pasteur studied 1,340 people in Crepy-en-Valois, a town northeast of Paris that suffered an outbreak in February and March, including 510 students from six primary schools. They found three probable cases among kids that didn’t lead to more infections among other pupils or teachers.

The study confirms that children appear to show fewer telltale symptoms than adults and be less contagious, providing a justification for school reopenings in countries from Denmark to Switzerland.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-don-t-spread-coronavirus-french-study-shows

I think this is something that is rarely discussed when it comes to schools re-opening. What is the mean age of K-12 teachers and college professors? When you account for underlying conditions + age it's not a pretty picture.
Last I saw average age of K-12 teacher was 42.6. Classified is slightly higher

It was addressed in the many links I provided, seems no one wants to read or give them any credence... even though the sources are reliable. Weird.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

School kids don’t appear to transmit the new coronavirus to peers or teachers, a French study found, weighing in on the crucial topic of children’s role in propagating Covid-19.

Scientists at Institut Pasteur studied 1,340 people in Crepy-en-Valois, a town northeast of Paris that suffered an outbreak in February and March, including 510 students from six primary schools. They found three probable cases among kids that didn’t lead to more infections among other pupils or teachers.

The study confirms that children appear to show fewer telltale symptoms than adults and be less contagious, providing a justification for school reopenings in countries from Denmark to Switzerland.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-don-t-spread-coronavirus-french-study-shows

And here’s what’s happening in https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...s-to-close-when-covid-19-cases-are-discovered

Hearing rumors that LA and Orleans will be rolling back to Phase I or something like that....

That was the rumor last week too after Edwards gave his talk about how stuff was starting to get worse again. Sounded kind of like the State was planning to let people have their fun over 4th of July weekend and then crack down again.

Seriously....what the hell is this bug? Other Ronas don't come with all this stuff, do they?

There has been some talk that COVID-19 is really a blood borne virus as opposed to a respiratory virus. So, while you can inhale it, it gets into the bloodstream so it goes all over the body. It kind of makes sense because it damages the lungs in the small airways which are the areas of the lung that are closest to blood vessels and where the lungs transfer oxygen to the bloodstream.

I saw that... It's been the exception, and not the rule worldwide. Also, context... context... context.... the raw number of cases don't concern me. As far as I am concerned, every time someone tests positive - is asymptomatic - doesn't spread it to someone who is most vulnerable to serious health complication - doesn't go to the hospital - and recovers... that's a good thing. Which (more often than not) is what's happening with young children of grade school age.

I read them except for the one that is pay walled. And I told you the issues with them. Several others have as well. But you seem to want to ignore that fact. Weird.

And here is the part of that article that talks about the French study that you did not quote:

"Understanding the pandemic and the new virus’s transmission patterns is key to determining which parts of society can reopen -- or should be shuttered again in the event of a resurgence -- and mitigate the outbreak’s impact on the economy. The data on kids has been contradictory so far, with some reports corroborating the Pasteur findings and at least one pointing the other way.

Epidemiologist Arnaud Fontanet and colleagues said more studies on schools were needed because of the small number of cases they were able to study. They found that an estimated 41% of the children infected showed no symptoms, compared with about 10% of adults."

The article itself says that the data on kids has been contradictory so far and the people who did the study say that we need more data.

Last edited:

Generally when someone makes a point, then posts an article link and adds content from the article to their post, it is assumed that said article content was posted just to backup the point and the link is only there as back-up. I did not realize the article had more useful content in it.

I think the sample size is too small there, but I can buy the overall premise.

Yeah, that sounds like very fictitious and small sample analysis. I understand that smaller children would give way to smaller infectious droplet spread and being taller definitively helps for staff as droplet spread would make it slightly more difficult. There has been no indication outside of human logistics that teachers can be safe at a full capacity school or even half capacity. The microdroplet spread for even a group of 10 infected children is enough to fill a classroom in a matter of hours without N95 grade masks.

You're basically gambling if the children are asymptomatic and able to prevent to produce large quantity of microdroplet in the air.

They have been addressed by numerous posters and the flaws with them pointed out. Sample size issues, lack of definitive conclusions, no controls, questionable rigor, conflicting data from different studies, etc.

I realize you guys have your minds made up on this... and will find issues or pick apart everything I post about this.... (even if the source is your "go to" source)

I just wanted to provide the Links, Data, Reliable sources, and historical context to back up my take prior to being asked for it...

I knew before hand it didn't matter, and that even then the data would be downplayed rebuffed and discounted for various personal reasons and predisposed perspectives... I knew it wouldn't meet muster here, because the conclusions didn't produce what some people want to hear.

But like I said, I don't have kids in school (nor do I know any teachers) so it doesn't impact me... just wanted you guys to have it within your conversation about this because it's literally being reported that way all over the globe.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom