COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (18 Viewers)

I think there are people that believe the economic hardship is greater than the pandemic hardship, but those people are more rational and reasonable in their approach to opposing it. When you see people making specious arguments or acting crazy it's the dreaded P word.
Pretty much this.

If your plan is to reopen everything (everything tha'ts reasonable), tell the really vulnerable and their housemates to remain isolated, then have everyone REALLY try to distance and wear masks while out and about living a "normal life" I may disagree with you but I think it's a valid opinion/argument that honestly deserves a look and some consideration. Hong Kong stayed open but the people were vigilant in distancing and mask wearing etc and they kept things under control despite being SUPER densely populated. It's a testament to the people of hong kong really how well they came together and handled this.

If your plan is "the virus is fake, masks are bad, but muh freedumb, only the sick and old die anyway, the press is making up the numbers and we are doing a great job" you are a contemptible idiot and at this point I wish you would hurry up and get it and die so the rest of us could handle this like adults and move forward. I don't feel that's overly harsh because at this point a lot of people are going to die no matter what, I just hope its more of the ones who are making the problem worse than the ones trying to slow the spread.

If we would close EVERYTHING for a month we could beat this thing back but instead we are going to fight it until at least the spring and instead of one month of real economic hardship we are going to slowly bleed out far worse over the course of a year.

Last edited:
People are just so dumb and uneducated. That woman has no idea what the Constitution or HIPAA say or what they do. Yet she is willing to confirm her ignorance by yelling incorrect information about what they mean while in public.

If I said what I really feel about these 2 idiots, this thread would be locked and I would be perma banned. I'll just add it's these types are the reason we are in serious trouble.

If we would close EVERYTHING for a month we could beat this thing back but instead we are going to fight it until at least the spring and instead of one month of real economic hardship we are going to slowly bleed out far worse over the course of a year.

That's the scary part about it. We like to act like we have these 'unprecedented' freedoms unlike other countries, yet we cry oppression and other nonsense when it's time to come together to fight a common enemy. Add that to the fact that our goverment prioritizes military and corporations massively more than the welfare of their citizens and can't even agree to help keep people afloat for a year, and yeah, it's going to get worse. A lot worse. If we're damn lucky, a vaccine by 2021 -- but we have to get that to hundreds of millions when we can't even get them masks.

This may in fact be one of the most tumultuous points in American history. I don't say that lightly nor do I want to unnecessarily spread the feeling of fear, but if this isn't even the worst of it (cooler weather in a few months), I don't really want to see what's next.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom