COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (6 Viewers)

More of these stories. So damn sad.

Back in February or March in the other Covid thread I predicted this would be a hell of societal trial run on political conviction for many. It would be interesting to see how many people would realize on their death bed that their political beliefs blocked them from seeing a very simple reality and how many would have to see close family members die to realize what they believe in is false.

So far, it appears it takes ICU level care of a person to admit they are wrong if they are the ones in the ICU. If it is a family member, even at deat most will not speak out about how they were wrong but simply quit participating in the spread of haox and anti-mask propaganda.

For my day it was all about hoax, conspiracies and anti-mask crap but when his high risk grandchild (my niece) started showing significant symptoms he started a prayer chain on messenger. A week later when she recovered he shared the most outlandish conspiracy video to date. For my gay, republican, catholic, homophobic uncle it's been full blown hate.

It is only now that I realize just how forked up my family is.

Last edited:
Back in February or March in the other Covid thread I predicted this would be a hell of societal trial run on political conviction for many. It would be interesting to see how many people would realize on their death bed that their political beliefs blocked them from seeing a very simple reality and how many would have to see close family members die to realize what they believe in is false.

So far, it appears it takes ICU level care of a person to admit they are wrong if they are the ones in the ICU. If it is a family member, even at deat most will not speak out about how they were wrong but simply quit participating in the spread of haox and anti-mask propaganda.

For my day it was all about hoax, conspiracies and anti-mask crap but when his high risk grandchild (my niece) started showing significant symptoms he started a prayer chain on messenger. A week later when she recovered he shared the most outlandish conspiracy video to date. For my gay, republican, catholic, homophobic uncle it's been full blown hate.

It is only now that I realize just how forked up my family is.
We all have them. My 65 year old father in law, obese, out of shape, diabetic but horrible control of it because no disease is going to tell him how he’s going to lead his life, along with being a walking heart attack risk is the same thing. Wife’s whole family thinks it’s all a made up scam

I get it, but you have to admit it's very hard. We're at the scene of a crime and we have to avoid discussing "who done it". On top of that, it's not we get to talk about how our new 1st round pick looks and whether he will start at center.
Tough times.

None of us on the staff disagree. We've had extensive discussion and debates about how to handle this and other issues that are not inherently political (or shouldn't be) but are anyway.

The decision we have made is to show some latitude but try and steer things back before we reach the petty bickering stage. It's the best we can do right now.

None of us on the staff disagree. We've had extensive discussion and debates about how to handle this and other issues that are not inherently political (or shouldn't be) but are anyway.

The decision we have made is to show some latitude but try and steer things back before we reach the petty bickering stage. It's the best we can do right now.
Takes about three clicks to reopen the PDB. :sneaky:

So we'll have a mask mandate, but no citations or fines? That should work well.

I’m not worried about it. Just curious about the mask mandate there.

Here at our YMCA, you have to wear a mask into the building and in common areas including the locker room. But when you are exercising you can remove it. I‘ve only been inside to remove the lock from my rented locker, because they were eliminating rentals to create distancing for those using lockers.

This is my question
are we going to deputize baristas, et al to make citizens arrests?

Masks are mandatory here but apparently it’s up to employees to tell people to wear them. Case in point, last week I went into a Small-Mart, masks mandatory and there’s an employee at the entrance with masks and hand sanitizer. A lady walks in right behind me with no mask and the employee tells her they’re mandatory to enter. The lady says she’s not wearing a mask and she needs something quick and she just walks by. The employee didn’t try to stop her.

So we'll have a mask mandate, but no citations or fines? That should work well.

Not only that, but if a Parish is under a certain threshold (don't know what it is), they can opt out of the mask mandate. So, basically allowing those Parishes to catch up with the rest of the State I guess?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom