COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

I'm already seeing posts from hayseed sherriffs and local politicians saying they wouldn't enforce it anyway because "the numbers don't add up."

I'm already seeing posts from hayseed sherriffs and local politicians saying they wouldn't enforce it anyway because "the numbers don't add up."
call in the national guard, thats what they are there for.

There's no way in hell anyone can convince me that above average transmission didn't happened at those protests. Huge numbers, close together, lots of screaming and in the cases of tear gas being shot at people with masks coming off and coughing. It had to take place.

The thing that differentiated it the most to me is at most 1% of the population was out at multiple protests while 60% of the population is running around every single day to work, stores, etc. So the protests probably led to a higher transmission rate but the numbers were so small that it doesn't even show up in the data. If they weren't wearing masks it would be a completely different story and it would have probably been the fuel on an outbreak.

I do think public health officials probably should not have commented on the safety of protests. I also think anyone comparing the BLM protests to reopening of bars, beaches and night clubs on the same social level of importance are absolutely insane. However, if you think the protests were a problem with covid then a lot of that blame also goes to the police that refused to wear masks, social distance and causing the protests to start with. Blaming the protests one way or the other is very simplistic.
Can’t argue with any of this

I think everyone knows about how I feel at this point about the way the WH has handled covid. With that said, I want to thank Trump for finally doing something that is right today. It doesn't excuse him for the past 6 months but this is at least a step in the right direction. Whether he can put pandora back in the box or the misinformation and conspiracy campaign he launced has already set sail is another question.

I hope the media from the left and right both praise him profusely for wearing the mask, like ridiculously deify him for doing it. It will feed his ego and he will keep doing it and maybe we can start turning it around.

There's no way in hell anyone can convince me that above average transmission didn't happened at those protests. Huge numbers, close together, lots of screaming and in the cases of tear gas being shot at people with masks coming off and coughing. It had to take place.

The thing that differentiated it the most to me is at most 1% of the population was out at multiple protests while 60% of the population is running around every single day to work, stores, etc. So the protests probably led to a higher transmission rate but the numbers were so small that it doesn't even show up in the data. If they weren't wearing masks it would be a completely different story and it would have probably been the fuel on an outbreak.

I do think public health officials probably should not have commented on the safety of protests. I also think anyone comparing the BLM protests to reopening of bars, beaches and night clubs on the same social level of importance are absolutely insane. However, if you think the protests were a problem with covid then a lot of that blame also goes to the police that refused to wear masks, social distance and causing the protests to start with. Blaming the protests one way or the other is very simplistic.

I'm not saying there wasn't above average transmission at the protests. I'm saying there is no evidence that it caused a spike. Which is borne out by the fact that, as you say, it was a comparatively small part of the population at those protests so it had a diminims effect on the numbers. Frankly, I thought it would cause spikes and expected the numbers to reflect it, but I haven't seen any studies showing that it caused a spike anywhere.

That being said, if there are epidemiology studies or contact tracing information that suggests otherwise, then I reserve the right to change my mind.

How about the fact that New York's numbers appear to be down yet they were one of the biggest protest cities?

No shade, serious question.

How about the fact that New York's numbers appear to be down yet they were one of the biggest protest cities?

No shade, serious question.
I think that has a whole lot to do with the case load in NYC being so small at the time of the protests and still in decline. They were among the most tested, lowest case load per 100k and most mask usage. I could also argue what about Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, Austin, Memphis, Birmingham and Miami but all those cities were already on the rise so it probably contributed. Either way, it's such a low percentage of the total population, outdoors and most had masks on so the overall results probably aren't significant.

Someone asked if anyone has heard of a Dr. from West Tx that claimed to have found the silver bullet the other day but I can't find it, buried in the thread somewhere.

So on top of only treating 12 people and the lady that was laying on her back for 5 days straight from covid that he cured was actually a little girl whose mother called him on the radio and he treated without getting tested.

Now he's making his way around the REALLY far right websites. This dude ultra slimy. Claiming his cure came from the far west like out of some old time western movie. Claims Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, etc have been using the drug and that's why they have so few deaths and says they are doing it without social distancing. These guys deserve bullets.

My aunt, the award winning Science teacher for almost 50 years sent this to me with all her other conspiracy and hoax crap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom