COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (6 Viewers)

It's weird to me how much mandates motivate. Until this week our county has not had mandatory masks. This week the governor mandated masks for our county. I've seen far more masks being worn by people than before. I've worn mine the whole time when out.....it just has made sense to me. It's been a welcomed change. I hope the mandate stays and I hope it's made state wide.

As the economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic continues, almost one-third of U.S. households, 32%, have not made their full housing payments for July yet, according to a survey by Apartment List, an online rental platform.

About 19% of Americans made no housing payment at all during the first week of the month, and 13% paid only a portion of their rent or mortgage.

And instead of being close to fully opening the economy, we are nearly back to where we were in mid-march but without any real hope of money in the form of stimulus or increased unemployment benefits to help people to pay their rent/mortgage and feed their families. This is a catastrophic failure of government and a breach of the social contract.

And instead of being close to fully opening the economy, we are nearly back to where we were in mid-march but without any real hope of money in the form of stimulus or increased unemployment benefits to help people to pay their rent/mortgage and feed their families. This is a catastrophic failure of government and a breach of the social contract.

So very true, it;s ride or die now. That Genie isn't going back into the bottle

Close? Nope if handled properly we would have it wide open all summer Shut down in late February with a clear and inclusive national message combined with PPE and we could have reopened when the first states did and be where Europe and Asia is without all the death. We probably could have saved a lot of lives in Brazil too. Pretty sure if the USA goes with the rest of the world then Bolsonaro falls in line too. Originally I was thinking we would have to close down international travel but the way it looks now, the WHO could come up with a minimum requirement for countries to join a covid travel treaty of sorts and as countries hit certain targets they would be included. We would be able to travel to most of Europe and Asia. It would damn near be back to business as usual with the exception being fans at sporting events, concerts, conventions and big crowd stuff. Whether that holds true in the fall remains to be seen but the way it looks now, I don't think most places are going to have a 2nd wave.

It would damn near be back to business as usual with the exception being fans at sporting events, concerts, conventions and big crowd stuff.

Which is why I said we would be close to fully opening the economy.

Hell, right now the U.K. which wasted time trying for herd immunity, even has their major professional sports league, the Premier League, running two full slates of games a week. There are no fans in the stands, but it's professional sports with no outbreak among players. We can't even hold NBA, MLB, or college practices without people getting infected.

It's weird to me how much mandates motivate. Until this week our county has not had mandatory masks. This week the governor mandated masks for our county. I've seen far more masks being worn by people than before. I've worn mine the whole time when out.....it just has made sense to me. It's been a welcomed change. I hope the mandate stays and I hope it's made state wide.
Wearing masks in public is almost 100% here

Arizona, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and South Carolina the cumulative 7 day moving average for these states is 34 per 100,000 daily infections. Using the low end of the CDC's estimate that actual case load is likely 5-10x higher than what testing is showing that means 1 in 84 people in these states are contracting the virus per week and all of the states are continuing to increase in cases and percent positive without testing increasing and demand for testing greatly overwhelming capacity. This doesn't include anyone that has already had the virus in these states prior to the last 7 days.

If we continue to climb before hitting a platue and don't start to fall for one month that would mean 1 in 21 people will catch covid in these states in a 30 day stretch.

Study suggests that Covid causes permanent damage and restructuring to red blood cells leading to a permanent reduction of oxygen to organs which causes irreversable damage ranging from minor to extreme.

Not trying to question any of the effects of this thing, but how many diseases do these same sorts of things and no one is just researching them as hard as they are doing Covid? I have a hard time imagining Covid is a totally unique beast in all these regards.

Not trying to question any of the effects of this thing, but how many diseases do these same sorts of things and no one is just researching them as hard as they are doing Covid? I have a hard time imagining Covid is a totally unique beast in all these regards.

I've literally read countless first hand accounts from doctors and nurses that talk about how they've never seen anything like this in terms of what it does to the human body.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom