COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

I asked my principal exactly how we were starting as the state guidelines clearly we are not meeting at state, county or local level. I was told we have our palm and we will be going back.

See, this is what I don’t get. The state publishes these rules and guidelines. Numbers decreasing, deaths decreasing, surge capacity, testing and tracking. We are at 0 of these in place. Yet we forge ahead. Why? Why make policy then don’t follow it? Why put health guidelines in and say eh? We don’t care we have our plan?

It’s the continual problem the US has gotten itself in. Instead of planning, putting the pieces in place and then moving forward, ya know getting ahead of things, all we have been doing is reacting. And reacting poorly.

I don't get this either.

Louisiana literally just rolled back its guidelines to no gatherings of over 50, and yet they want us to send our kids to school.

Does not compute.

Arizona teacher who shared a classroom with two other teachers while they taught summer distance learning classes, has died of Covid-19 that she caught while at the school. It was only the three of them in a room at the school, using all precautions required of them.

Louisiana literally just rolled back its guidelines to no gathers of over 50, and yet they want us to send our kids to school.

If we go back to Phase 1, which we are teetering on the edge of, it'll go back to virtual learning.

I do not think so. They only had two groups: a covid+ group (people that currently have the infection) and a control covid- group (which included both previously infected yet recovered, as well as never infected people). For them to make the claim that there was permanent damage, they would have had to separate the recovered people into a 3rd group, and analyzed all three with a 1-way anova.

They suggest that the damage to RBCs in currently infected people is a secondary effect of the infection. Also, the turnover rate of RBCs is about 120 days, as new RBCs are constantly being made by bone marrow.
I was going to ask about this, thanks. I give blood every 8 weeks, in part, to create new red blood cells, to de-iron my body (I have an iron overload condition). So, I was curious if "new" red blood cells would show this, vs just the ones that are currently in you.

I don't get this either.

Louisiana literally just rolled back its guidelines to no gatherings of over 50, and yet they want us to send our kids to school.

Does not compute.

Bars are shut down but we're planning to reopen schools.

I've got an underlying health condition that means if I catch this thing it will rip through me. I've not been sleeping for weeks because I'd hoped common sense would have prevailed by now and instead it's full steam ahead.

Like I said, I'm wrestling with the idea of quitting. I feel like my life is on the line and there are no good options here. My anxiety and depression are out of control. My quality of life is nonexistent at the moment. Everything is terrible.

It has little to do with population density. Florida is one of the most population dense states in the country and has one of the lowest death rates.

The one driver with death rate that has stood out more than anything other than party affiliation is median age. Then you have a mortality rate that is much higher in Latino and African American populations. Florida has the 5th highest median age, 6th highest Lation population, 14th highest African American population and the 5th lowest death rate. It doesn't add up.

Texas, Tn, Arkansas, Georgia, South Carolina, Arizona and Alabama are the ones I have the most doubts about.

This data has been divided down party lines since the very beginning but it is growing more each day. There are some reasons that are 100% certain to make the divide look worse than it is right now but doesn't explain the constant differences since the beginning.
1) Death hasn't caught up to the positive tests in Republican states which are almost all growing exponentially with cases while Democratic states are almost all flat or decreasing with California being the big exception.
2) South vs North and seasonality. This is either a huge driving factor in death rates or we are working with manipulated data that just makes it appear this way.
3) Better treatment options- Remdesivir and Steroids- Both are showing to reduce death slightly. However death rates are down several hundred percent so far and the clinical observations of the treatments were in the 10-20% range combined. Doesn't add up.

Either way, I have no doubt the data is being manipulated and it is skewing the data so much that false conclusions may be drawn from it causing more bad decisions.

I really wish there was public data that shows daily total deaths in the USA like they have in many other countries. That would be the true indicator.
I'm not sure how much the states are hiding data, vs the timing of infections. The newer wave being younger, is going to dramatically lower the death rate.

I'd have to look at my april figures, I pasted, but was Florida's death rate always low? I think it was higher in the initial part of the wave leading to the schools closing.

I like the 45 squared on her shirt. It’s like whoever designed it has no clue how math works.

Its very possible the comments were added to a pic someone found on the internet, and that girl has no clue her image is being used to show defiance.

But those were some good conspiracy theory pics Ward posted. They need to figure out how to lump in chemtrails, Planet X and the Nibiru.

Bars are shut down but we're planning to reopen schools.

I've got an underlying health condition that means if I catch this thing it will rip through me. I've not been sleeping for weeks because I'd hoped common sense would have prevailed by now and instead it's full steam ahead.

Like I said, I'm wrestling with the idea of quitting. I feel like my life is on the line and there are no good options here. My anxiety and depression are out of control. My quality of life is nonexistent at the moment. Everything is terrible.
very sorry to read all of this
good luck

April 29, florida was sitting at approximately a 3.7% death rate to active cases (deaths trailing, of course).

1594650793025.png

To better prove how death's are a lagging indicator, April 15th, the death rate was only 2.6%.. death's haden't caught up with cases..

1594650876244.png

May 12th, the death rate was approx 4.2%.

1594650987003.png

So... I hope the youth factor wins the day, but... wait a couple weeks to see the death's climb. But, if cases keep growing at an insane rate, the death rate will always seem low, because death's lag.

Until cases drop, and drop for a couple weeks, the death rate, mathematically, will stay low. So, it's not that certain states are doing better, it's that it is too early.

To put it another way, for Florida.. On may 12th, that's 40% of the deaths we currently have... and it was only 15% of the cases we currently have.

To put it another way, for Florida.. On may 12th, that's 40% of the deaths we currently have... and it was only 15% of the cases we currently have.
At that time it was still almost half the national average though. It's also before the Governor's office restricted the data from the state coroner office which is public in the 49 other states. It's also before they fired the lady doing the dashboard after she claimed they were trying to manipulate data.

Don't get me wrong, i know the death rate will climb again as the lag catches up. I also understand the younger wave but it is still disproportionate.

Orange county had very few cases 2 months ago. That's why you see the older population so low. But the younger folks have exploded... Currently at a 0.4% death rate.. super low.

1594651503436.png

I was hoping they'd say why, or how it was spreading among the youth.

At that time it was still almost half the national average though.
Again, I think a lot of it was that NYC was already well on the downward trend, Louisiana and Michigan too.. so the deaths had time to catch up.

Other than math (we're still on the upslope, not the downslope), and possibly better treatments.., the two major factors are Age and there is a theory that there is a second strain that is more infectious, but less deadly.

Funny.

But this is the level of entrenched stupidity we are facing. This is why my hope is always dashed a bit.

These were all from a 'friends' page. Granted, more like someone I kinda know vs a real friend. I just removed her... too crazy.

FB_IMG_1594648693265.jpg

FB_IMG_1594648662908.jpg

FB_IMG_1594648573262.jpg

FB_IMG_1594648630108.jpg

FB_IMG_1594648567594.jpg

I was just reading some comments on the FB page (I know) of a local state rep that I know. He represents part of the North Shore and is very conservative. He linked to a NPR article about why it makes sense to wear masks, and basically said, "Hey I don't like the governor and I don't like government mandating anything to people, but wearing masks makes sense." And pointed out that JBE is basically following Trump's own plan.

The comments below his post are a mixed bag of "thank you for saying this and using common sense" versus "it's got a 99% survival rate, this is nuts."

I am somewhat heartened that he posted it but the greater part of Louisiana is just not getting it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom