COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (8 Viewers)

Dekalb county schools (largest county in GA, located in and around what is considered metro Atlanta) announced that they will do distance remote learning to begin the year.

On June 14th I predicted/projected that Texas was on pace for 80 to 90K new cases of Covid. I was way off. This State has had 170000+ new cases and there is still one day left.

For the Austin Area I predicted 2600 to 3000 new cases. Those numbers got slaughtered. There we're almost 18000 new cases. Though thankfully they have slowed down the last two day with only around 800 new cases.

We’ll vice versa too
There are plenty of artists who can’t teach their art to save their lives
Ask Ward if he thinks all engineers would teach engineering well

I don’t mind certification or education degrees in theory - esp for lower school, bc that seems to be about 80% class management and 20% content knowledge (university it probably the flip of that)
In HS you really need both

People without education backgrounds should likely be limited to older kids and not everyone has the skill to be a teach. But, of course, having a degree in education doesn't guarantee that skill either. There are lots of teachers out there that are competent, but it seems like the really good ones just have a talent for it that can't be taught. Of course, not all people who want to transition careers have that talent, but it seems like an untapped pool of talent.

This is so sadly true.

The free market will take care of this by setting the price. The more people want to buy them, the more someone else will start to produce them, and the price will stabilize by the invisible hand. This is how it always works in the long run, amirite?

Of course, as Lord Keynes famously said, "In the long run, we're all dead."

There was something else on this same subject. One point, is that usually your body doesn't just pump out all of the various antibodies that you have. But, you'd have memory cells to be able to ramp up production again, if needed.

This gets into that and a lot more.

The free market will take care of this by setting the price. The more people want to buy them, the more someone else will start to produce them, and the price will stabilize by the invisible hand. This is how it always works in the long run, amirite?

Of course, as Lord Keynes famously said, "In the long run, we're all dead."

The invisible hand will make sure it has a glove.

There was something else on this same subject. One point, is that usually your body doesn't just pump out all of the various antibodies that you have. But, you'd have memory cells to be able to ramp up production again, if needed.

This gets into that and a lot more.

Yeah I read a pretty in depth thread on reddit with some MD'sa and scientists chiming in to say why this isn't TERRIBLE news for a vaccine. Its not good news, but it's not as bad as it seems because of the memory cells. Also went into detail about how early trials have produced many more antibodies than a real infection but this could be a vaccine that will need to be taken once a year to boost immunity if a vaccine is discovered

Yeah I read a pretty in depth thread on reddit with some MD'sa and scientists chiming in to say why this isn't TERRIBLE news for a vaccine. Its not good news, but it's not as bad as it seems. Also went into detail about how early trials have produced many more antibodies than a real infection but this could be a vaccine that will need to be taken once a year to boost immunity
part of what I posted also talked about that older people have weaker immune responses.. meaning, produce less anti bodies, compared to young kids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom