COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (9 Viewers)

Just keeping track....

So far, we've got the following large school systems as not re-opening schools and going virtual. This list needs to grow. Keep going dominoes.

Los Angeles
San Diego
Atlanta

It's interesting - it seemed like there was some broad momentum around opening schools in some form or fashion for a while there. Then it got dipped in the same poison as mask (non-)usage and is now going to be a political issue.

Well that didn't work out so well ... how do I share from Twitter without all the script text?

Click on the copy link to tweet icon on Twitter and then on SR click on the insert link icon next to the picture of the mountain and paste the link in the URL line. Then hit insert.

I know I underestimated it.

I thought there would be a lot of stupidity at play but I vastly underestimated that as well.

At no point did i think that should be our pandemic response, that was just flat out stupid.

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”

― George Carlin

It's interesting - it seemed like there was some broad momentum around opening schools in some form or fashion for a while there. Then it got dipped in the same poison as mask (non-)usage and is now going to be a political issue.

I think everyone wants to go back. I haven’t heard anyone saying that distance learning or a hybrid model are as good as in class instruction. I also think, at least around here in California, we had a good handle on it, and felt pretty good about where we were at. So everyone was thinking that way. But this latest spike in cases here in California is making people start to get nervous, and with people now knowing people who have had it, been hospitalized from it or even died of it, it’s now becoming very real. Added to the fact that in some places is California, hospital space is at critical levels. Distance learning, while not all that great, at least provides safety for all involved. I still honestly believe that if we can get this under control in a month or two, start heading back, and get a vaccine early next year, everything will sort itself out in a couple years education wise

"Mask mandate" update:

Went to post office today. Asked postal worker how things have been today with masks. She said there were still plenty of people coming in without them on.

Driving back home through town, I saw people going into and out of gas stations, shops, etc. Many had masks on, but not everyone. I'd estimate around 75% had a mask.

How to convince the hoax crowd that school is a bad idea during a pandemic.

The Government is trying to force people to give up their children while they pay Government observers to watch your child's every move while training and conditioning them. They are even ranking these poor children and tracking these results in national databases. The children that comply the most are given "scholarships" to go to huge government run camps that have been set up in every state just to condition the "smartest and brightest" to do the work of corporations for decades. The parents that refuse can have their children taken and can be arrested. This will be starting nationwide in August! Speak up now!

Last edited:
I think everyone wants to go back. I haven’t heard anyone saying that distance learning or a hybrid model are as good as in class instruction. I also think, at least around here in California, we had a good handle on it, and felt pretty good about where we were at. So everyone was thinking that way. But this latest spike in cases here in California is making people start to get nervous, and with people now knowing people who have had it, been hospitalized from it or even died of it, it’s now becoming very real. Added to the fact that in some places is California, hospital space is at critical levels. Distance learning, while not all that great, at least provides safety for all involved. I still honestly believe that if we can get this under control in a month or two, start heading back, and get a vaccine early next year, everything will sort itself out in a couple years education wise
That's our perspective. We'd love for the kids to be able to go back to school (one month from today, supposedly) -- there's no question in our minds that in person learning is superior to online -- but we've got a lot of misgivings and questions about how they're going to be able to pull it off.

Based on most of my country arse relatives on social media at the moment, being prevented from watching their kids play bad 1 and 2 A football is the worst thing that has happened in the history of the human race and yet another example of the government coming after their freedumb.
Those poor noobs
Everyone knows the list is
1. Ghengis Khan
2. Malaria
3. Maybe not playing HS football

This is scary, in more ways that one.

Ive seen something similar, finger in mouth with gloves on, was clearly a bad habit that some people have while thinking. I wanted to snap my fingers and say "wake up".

"Mask mandate" update:

Went to post office today. Asked postal worker how things have been today with masks. She said there were still plenty of people coming in without them on.

Driving back home through town, I saw people going into and out of gas stations, shops, etc. Many had masks on, but not everyone. I'd estimate around 75% had a mask.
Where yat?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom