COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

I just don't get the sheer forking ignorance of people and the absolute refusal to wear a mask. I could understand if we were being asked to strap on a 20 lb tank and helmet apparatus or something like that, but it's nothing like that. All people have to do is wear a simple cloth mask that is:

1. quickly and easily removed
2. takes up no space to store
3. is cheap, can be washed, and used again
4. does not hinder your breathing at all

But in the face of a mandate, there seems to be a growing resistance to mask wearing. It is forking astounding! If the point of a mask was to protect the wearer, I wouldn't give two shirts what other people did, but the fact that I have to rely on other people who refuse to wear one to protect myself and my kids is infuriating. These people want to raise hell about their "right to breathe"? How about my right to go out in public without dramatically increasing my risk of catching this crap because you're too imbecilic to understand the premise behind masks?

Broward schools will start the year online only.

The superintendent...

"I have said that at every discussion about reopening schools that we will not compromise the health and safety of our students, teachers and staff,” Runcie said. “When we open schools in the fall, I am recommending that instruction will be 100% e-learning. That is the only way we can educate our students while keeping them and their teachers healthy and safe. When conditions improve — and we hope it will not be too distant — additional options will be introduced including face to face learning five days per week.”

More than 130,000 Broward County families have filled out the district’s survey asking parents how they would like to reopen schools, which remains open for parents to answer.

According to the survey, 32% prefer to continue e-learning, 35% prefer e-learning and face-to-face and 31% prefer face-to-face five days a week."

I have started just unfriending people who talk sheet about wearing a mask on facebook.

I don't care if we went to high school together - you're a stupid jackass.

I full on quit Facebook. It was all just too stupid for me. It’s been a very pleasant 4 days.

I full on quit Facebook. It was all just too stupid for me. It’s been a very pleasant 4 days.

Yup, I post on FB maybe once or twice a year. I'll check it once every 2-3 months. It's just not a place I have use for unless I need to connect with someone I don't have contact info for.

I have started just unfriending people who talk sheet about wearing a mask on facebook.

You saw those pics I posted the other day, right? Yeah, that person was straight up removed...

Same. Even family members. I just don't care. I'll usually leave a smart arse remark on the way out.

I logged out of Facebook last oct 31st because of some people I knew, then about 2 months ago logged back in, spent 5 min and decided I made the right decision. I couldn’t block all my in-laws or unfollow them (already gotten in trouble with that from my brother and mom for doing it to them) so I just deleted my account. So much better now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom