COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

The Walmart News has this gem..

To help customers comply with the new policy, Walmart plans to create a new Health Ambassador role. This person will go through training to make “the process as smooth as possible for customers.” The ambassador will wear a black polo shirt, and be placed near the entrance.

My prototype.

EDIT: It's a nice way of saying, we're putting a 'bouncer' at the door.

1594827850474.png

Or, for another classic..

1594827955791.png

Last edited:
So, I don't know the dynamics of a NASCAR race, but I assume all these people will be outside? In stands? In the infield?

I have not looked, but is Tennessee somehow doing great as far as a low number of COVID infections?

It's better than putting them all inside, but still not ideal given they have to get in and out of the venue. And, I'm not sure why they would risk this now.

Yes, it will be outside - the racetrack seating is very much a full oval stadium arrangement (they have actually held football games there . . . VaTech played UT a few years ago).

Track capacity is about 130K - so the planned attendance tonight is about 20% or less. Plenty of room for distancing. Nascar has been very careful about masks with all race teams and participants, I expect that the mask requirement will have enthusiastic support from track officials and security officers.

I don't, however, think that there will be full-on "enforcement" of masks. One will probably be required at entrances and perhaps at the services (bathrooms, concessions) but if people take them off at their seats, I doubt there will be enforcement of that.

Just my guess.

I and my family absolutely will take the vaccine. But we will also wait a couple of weeks before doing so. Being in Colorado, I think we can afford to do so.

Besides, I'm betting the vaccine will be made available to high risk people first. Seniors, health care professionals, and anyone else with elevated risks will get this for the first few weeks.
they should test it on important people first like President, VP, senators, congressmen, and governors.

Last edited:
His message is wear the darn thing all the time you’re in public. You can’t trust your friends not to be asymptotic carriers.

Is that where infected people with so symptoms get closer and closer but never quite touch?

Watching CNBC and it showing the economic impact of opening up early. Texas, Arizona, Florida and Georgia had the most employees returning to work when they reopened early and the economic rebound was bigger than the rest of the country. Since that time, the rest of the country has caught up and passed these states and is now increasing at a rapid rate while Tx, Az, Fl and Ga are decreasing.

Pretty clear which solution was the best for the economy.

Hopefully they publish this as a news story. I have been making this point to many people these past few of months, but would like to have some firm stats to back it up. We are in trouble either way, so why not take the path that saves the most lives?

At the end of the day, rebelling against the guidance isn’t going to get you what you want; it’s ultimately counter-productive. Even if you don’t believe COVID is that serious, the government does, and throwing tantrums and not adhering to the rules will be what keeps us in this mess. The people complaining about masks are the same ones complaining about the shut downs.

We follow rules and laws 90% of the day; why is this one suddenly “an attack on liberty?”

The Walmart News has this gem..
My prototype.
EDIT: It's a nice way of saying, we're putting a 'bouncer' at the door.

This is a job for Terry Tate, Office Linebacker.

See the source image

Tonight's Nascar All-Star race at Bristol, TN will have between 15K and 25K fans in attendance. It will be the highest attended sports event in the US since March.

Masks are "required".

Mes sense a Covid explosion coming from this especially if it's not windy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom