COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (18 Viewers)

There can be an up to 6 day window for the nasal swab to be positive. That’s as the virus is replicating. However, you need to have or had an active infection (asymptomatic counts) (or immunization) to have a positive antibody test. That’s why there can be a two week delay in the antibody test.

When I first saw the headline of this article it shocked me as I thought children were much more resilient, then I read the complete article that goes on to mention the two 'children' we of adult age and had underlying health conditions.

Headlines and articles like this are not helpful and seem to want to induce hysteria.

What should the headline be then?

Its meant to create awareness and that if your children have underlying conditions to be that much more vigilant. Because "scare" headlines tend to capture the reader.

Skeptics tend to dismiss as "fear" tactics.

On the promising news front.

That is a very encouraging article. It made me do a little digging. TriCor (generic = fenofibrate) is one of a group of drugs known as fibrates. It is designed to remove fats from the blood particularly targeting triglycerides. It so happens I have been on a fibrate (fenofibric acid) for several years now. I do not know the exact difference from TriCor, but is designed to do the exact same thing by targeting triglycerides. They both have side-effects (what drug doesn't) but I have never experienced any of them. As a high-risk person, maybe this was a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:
I am just dumbfounded.

Some of my friends have advanced degrees, & they are acting dumber than a box of rocks.

Does not make sense.......I don’t get it.

It’s no different than being a fan of the Saints or any other sports team. Once you choose your team, or in this case, position, you become faithful to it no matter what.

That is a very encouraging article. It made do a little digging. TriCor (generic = fenofibrate) is one of a group of drugs known as fibrates. It is designed to remove fats from the blood particularly targeting triglycerides. It so happens I have been on a fibrate (fenofibric acid) for several years now. I do not know the exact difference from TriCor, but is designed to do the exact same thing by targeting triglycerides. They both have side-effects (what drug doesn't) but I have never experienced any of them. As a high-risk person, maybe this was a blessing in disguise.
I'm rooting for these folks for personal reasons. A professor of mine who later taught at Hebrew University showed us around when we visited him many years ago. Wouldn't it be fantastic if we already had a drug that will treat and/or cure this horrible disease!

That is a very encouraging article. It made do a little digging. TriCor (generic = fenofibrate) is one of a group of drugs known as fibrates. It is designed to remove fats from the blood particularly targeting triglycerides. It so happens I have been on a fibrate (fenofibric acid) for several years now. I do not know the exact difference from TriCor, but is designed to do the exact same thing by targeting triglycerides. They both have side-effects (what drug doesn't) but I have never experienced any of them. As a high-risk person, maybe this was a blessing in disguise.

I take fancy fish oil for triglycerides. I don’t know if it’s related, but it seems to help.

They had it in the past hence the antibodies. Nasal swab clean, no virus in their nasal cavity. That to me means they should be good to go. However, don’t take my word over the advice of a medical professional. Myself, however in that situation would be very careful and vigilant for a while, but I wouldn’t quarantine

I think I understand what you are saying... My question was... If they were asymptomatic, have blood tested positive for antibodies in one form or another, and have nasal swab tested negative... Is it likely or even possible for them to spread it now?

(If not, that's a pretty big deal and context in the numbers should reflect that - And there needs to be a BIG distinction for people like this if that's the case)

My understanding is, the mask doesn't stop you from getting it... It helps stop the carrier from spreading it.

I want to know if they can spread it... They obviously already had it and didn't know they did.

I'm fairly convinced at this point that the blood test is untrustworthy virus spread test at worst, and a quasi-reliable immunity test at best. (numbers should reflect that context too)

Good info... thanks again.

They can’t spread it. They can still catch it. They still have to wear a mask.

I take fancy fish oil for triglycerides. I don’t know if it’s related, but it seems to help.

My doctor wanted me to lower my cholesterol. I did get the overall cholesterol down a bit by watching what I ate and taking a fish oil supplement. He put me on Lipitor which got my overall cholesterol below the target goal of 170, but the triglyceride count barely moved so he put me on fenofibric acid as well. Now my overall cholesterol is around 150 and triglycerides are at acceptable levels.

Now that I know I am bulletproof, screw wearing that mask any more. j/k :D

They can’t spread it. They can still catch it. They still have to wear a mask.

Not arguing the mask thing... Even though every medical expert I have heard from says the mask is to stop active carriers from spreading, and does not stop people from contracting it.... to me the mask argument is dumb brain fodder - if it makes people feel better and does absolutely nothing, I would still wear one personally.

My understanding is that with positive antibodies, they are likely immune to reinfection... and with a clean nasal swab they can't spread it (right?)....

My question is... why is there not a special category for people like this when being counted? And why are we not identifying them to move us forward?

I know 4 of these types personally now (just within my small circle of people)... and yeah, they all still wear masks in public.

Not arguing the mask thing... Even though every medical expert I have heard from says the mask is to stop active carriers from spreading, and does not stop people from contracting it.... to me the mask argument is dumb brain fodder - if it makes people feel better and does absolutely nothing, I would still wear one personally.

My understanding is that with positive antibodies, they are likely immune to reinfection... and with a clean nasal swab they can't spread it (right?)....

My question is... why is there not a special category for people like this when being counted? And why are we not identifying them to move us forward?

I know 4 of these types personally now (just within my small circle of people)... and yeah, they all still wear masks in public.

Because we know that the antibodies don't last long and that people who have had it before can still get infected. At best the anti-bodies last for two or three months. And there are instances where it has been much shorter.

And, while masks aren't 100% effective in stopping you from getting infected, they do cut the risk some and certainly cut down the potential viral load which could mean that you fighting it off without getting it or that you get a milder case. Otherwise, there would be no point for doctors and nurses who treat COVID patients to wear masks.

Because we know that the antibodies don't last long and that people who have had it before can still get infected. At best the anti-bodies last for two or three months. And there are instances where it has been much shorter.

And, while masks aren't 100% effective in stopping you from getting infected, they do cut the risk some and certainly cut down the potential viral load which could mean that you fighting it off without getting it or that you get a milder case. Otherwise, there would be no point for doctors and nurses who treat COVID patients to wear masks.

Really? Well then what's the point in any of this... if antibodies don't last long and that people who have had it before can still get infected?

If we are always going to get reinfected when (re)exposed within a few months or less, why develop or wait on a vaccine? A vaccine is a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity, right?

Like I said, I am past the mask argument... It's dumb. I heard experts say at the beginning they do more harm than good... Then they say, you have to wear them to save lives... Then they say masks only help those that have it from spreading, but don't stop you from getting it... Whatever.... I'd wear one even if it did nothing but stop people from talking about masks.

Last edited:
Really? Well then what's the point in any of this... if antibodies don't last long and that people who have had it before can still get infected?

If we are always going to get reinfected when (re)exposed within a few months or less, why develop or wait on a vaccine? A vaccine is a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity, isn't it?

Like I said, I am past the mask argument... It's dumb. I heard experts say at the beginning they do more harm than good... Now they say, you have to wear them to save lives... Then they say help those that have it from spreading, but don't stop you from getting it... Whatever.... I'd wear one even if it did nothing but stop people from talking about masks.

A vaccine would likely be similar to a flu vaccine where you have to re-up periodically and it will likely be adapted as mutations in the virus are protected.

Also, re: masks

Screen-Shot-2020-05-01-at-4.34.20-PM-e1588365423770.png

A vaccine would likely be similar to a flu vaccine where you have to re-up periodically and it will likely be adapted as mutations in the virus are protected.

Also, re: masks

Screen-Shot-2020-05-01-at-4.34.20-PM-e1588365423770.png

So a monthly vaccine shot for every person in the world from now until the end of time (being as those antibodies are only good for a month or 2)?

And you still have piss on your leg.... J/K

Like I said... totally past the mask argument... I wear one... not a big deal. (for the 5th time)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom