COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

More shots than willing arms in many places already. People need to step up and get the shots.
That or people are missing their appointments for whatever reason. Or the online appointments aren't creating enough slots for how many shots they can actually give out.

So my state opened up and made my age group eligible last Thursday. Got nothing open in my area for the next 3 days according to online, so I guess this becomes my part-time job trying to figure out how to get myself in the right place at the right time if I want this.

Ain't the case around here.
That's the way it will work out the next few weeks. Many more areas will have more shots than arms. More rural states, those without large metropolitan areas and people who are more skeptical of vaccines. Most of the South, Great Plains and Northern Rockies states will be vaccine for all who want it, on demand, very soon.

States with large metro areas and with populations who want the vaccine will continue to have much more limited availability. My guess is that in about 3-4 weeks, if not sooner, the Feds will start shipping more vaccine to some of the higher demand states. They will quit the population based system and move more to a demand based allocation.

You should be in good shape in a few weeks. Mid to late April at the latest. More vaccine than arms, coming to a locality near you.....

So my state opened up and made my age group eligible last Thursday. Got nothing open in my area for the next 3 days according to online, so I guess this becomes my part-time job trying to figure out how to get myself in the right place at the right time if I want this.

Any luck with checking Walmart’s website? Seems to be the best option down here!

Any luck with checking Walmart’s website? Seems to be the best option down here!
I did not specifically check Wal-Mart because it wasn't listed on the state website as one of the pharmacies that have the vaccine in my county. But I'm just beginning to navigate the process.

Walmart is absolutely scummy. Going on 2 days, they STILL haven't updated their website with the new guidelines regarding who can get the vaccine for Louisiana which now consists of ages 16-64 with underlying conditions. Their website still says 55-64 ages only which means you're not able to book an appointment yet. Monday afternoon after BelEdwards expanded the criteria I went over there to ask about the vaccine at the Harahan location and of course, I got told to go online to their covid section. Of course, there is never any appointments for weeks on end there. My mom had to basically go full karen at the pharmacy to get put on a list of "incase we have extra doses" to get hers and my fathers.

Even though I could've gotten vaccinated a month or so ago due to high blood pressure and my arthritic disease, I didn't seek it out so as to allow others more at-risk to get it done. The Texas mask mandate has ended and so has my patience. First shot is Sunday, 2nd is April 5th.

Walmart is absolutely scummy. Going on 2 days, they STILL haven't updated their website with the new guidelines regarding who can get the vaccine for Louisiana which now consists of ages 16-64 with underlying conditions. Their website still says 55-64 ages only which means you're not able to book an appointment yet. Monday afternoon after BelEdwards expanded the criteria I went over there to ask about the vaccine at the Harahan location and of course, I got told to go online to their covid section. Of course, there is never any appointments for weeks on end there. My mom had to basically go full karen at the pharmacy to get put on a list of "incase we have extra doses" to get hers and my fathers.

Ms. has it's flaws,but I believe we are handling the vaccination lists very well. Anyone over 16 with a willing arm can get an appointment now. The best bet here is a locally owned pharmacy in rural areas. I live in a rural area. Our local pharmacy has vaccinated LA. residents.

Ms. has it's flaws,but I believe we are handling the vaccination lists very well. Anyone over 16 with a willing arm can get an appointment now. The best bet here is a locally owned pharmacy in rural areas. I live in a rural area. Our local pharmacy has vaccinated LA. residents.

The state run drive through sign up website for Mississippi is the most efficient thing I've seen in all of COVID. Very impressive.

My mom got her second Moderna shot yesterday morning at 9 or so. By 4 pm, it hit her with the aches, chills, etc. She said it was rough. I told her that it should start to ease up throughout the day and night.

I understand it’s frustrating. But just sign up clicking the educator box and when u get there, there is a box for 16-64 with conditions. I just had my pfizer shot a few minutes ago. They are just happy you are out here.

My friend got her shot this AM at the convention center (I believe) and they said they had more shots available than people willing to sign up.

The Walmart set up was very good. Outside, drive thru and done in 5 minutes. Just have to wait 15 minutes to make sure there is no reaction!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom