COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (17 Viewers)

I understand it’s frustrating. But just sign up clicking the educator box and when u get there, there is a box for 16-64 with conditions. I just had my pfizer shot a few minutes ago. They are just happy you are out here.

My friend got her shot this AM at the convention center (I believe) and they said they had more shots available than people willing to sign up.

The Walmart set up was very good. Outside, drive thru and done in 5 minutes. Just have to wait 15 minutes to make sure there is no reaction!

Yep. My wife just got her first shot there this morning at the Wal-Mart in New Orleans East and I am set for 2:00 this afternoon. The website isn't updated yet so you just have to choose one of the other criteria until you get there. My wife said it was really easy and quick.

I noticed that Ochsner's online system had the same issue with not having the new criteria as of Tuesday afternoon, but I'm not sure if they have changed it yet or not.

Walmart is absolutely scummy. Going on 2 days, they STILL haven't updated their website with the new guidelines regarding who can get the vaccine for Louisiana which now consists of ages 16-64 with underlying conditions. Their website still says 55-64 ages only which means you're not able to book an appointment yet. Monday afternoon after BelEdwards expanded the criteria I went over there to ask about the vaccine at the Harahan location and of course, I got told to go online to their covid section. Of course, there is never any appointments for weeks on end there. My mom had to basically go full karen at the pharmacy to get put on a list of "incase we have extra doses" to get hers and my fathers.
Walgreen's finally updated its website to reflect changes to 1A that happened weeks ago. I was actually getting ready to file a consumer complaint. They have a few appointments, but they're in Philly, and I don't want to commit myself to parking issues and inconvenience just yet. Meanwhile, it has FINALLY been acknowledged that the suburban Philly counties like mine were indeed shortchanged. (Not sure if this link will work.)

Not going to mention locations/names/etc, but my sister in law is a nurse and her two kids just tested positive for COVID. Totally screwed up my child care since she brought her kids to my in laws who were watching my son (we kept him home when we found out she was bringing them). She is allowed to continue going to work because she is vaccinated and wears as mask. So what's the rules here? Once you're vaccinated, you're allowed to continue going about even with direct exposure? I can't keep up.

Not going to mention locations/names/etc, but my sister in law is a nurse and her two kids just tested positive for COVID. Totally screwed up my child care since she brought her kids to my in laws who were watching my son (we kept him home when we found out she was bringing them). She is allowed to continue going to work because she is vaccinated and wears as mask. So what's the rules here? Once you're vaccinated, you're allowed to continue going about even with direct exposure? I can't keep up.
Current guidance is that if you are fully vaccinated, you do not have to quarantine after an exposure unless you develop symptoms.

If you’ve been fully vaccinated:

• You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask.
  • You can gather indoors with unvaccinated people from one other household (for example, visiting with relatives who all live together) without masks, unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
  • If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.
    • However, if you live in a group setting (like a correctional or detention facility or group home) and are around someone who has COVID-19, you should still stay away from others for 14 days and get tested, even if you don’t have symptoms.

That's awesome news. Hope the downward trend continues.
It should. It's been dropping steadily and I don't see why it would change now. More people keep getting vaccinated, the amount of UV exposure will increase, etc. If only we could convince certain locations to keep their masks on and get more people to receive shots, we could have this thing KOed in very short order.

And by fully vaccinated, that means 14 days after your 2nd shot (or only shot, if it's J&J).
Yep, but unfortunately there are still a lot of people out there who believe the flu shot gave them the flu. They don't understand it takes weeks to build immunity,and they were exposed before then. It's why the CDC strongly suggests getting the flu vaccine as early as possible. Getting it after cases are reported in your area is not a wise choice. These same people are the same ones refusing the covid vaccine.

Bonnjer is correct. Please practice social distancing and mask wearing for a few weeks if you've been vaccinated. It's been a year. Friday will be one month since I've received my 2nd Phizer dose. I now have peace of mind and no fear of visiting my family and friends.

Last edited:
Just got the first dose of Pfizer at the Wal-Mart on Bullard in New Orleans East. Pretty simple process as it is a drive-thru system. Took me about a 10 to 15 minute wait to get the shot which is no big deal. Apparently it is more busy in the afternoon. My wife got it this morning and it only took 5 minutes. Either way it's nice to get this started. Now I just have to wait until my daughter can get it. But she's a healthy 17 year-old so it might be awhile before it is offered to her. But, I'm hopeful that anyone who wants the vaccine will be able to get it by June or July.

It should. It's been dropping steadily and I don't see why it would change now. More people keep getting vaccinated, the amount of UV exposure will increase, etc. If only we could convince certain locations to keep their masks on and get more people to receive shots, we could have this thing KOed in very short order.

I think the only concern is the mutations and how well the current vaccines work on the new strains. But, I'm hopeful that they work decently well since they all target the spike protein and all the variants have that.

I think the only concern is the mutations and how well the current vaccines work on the new strains. But, I'm hopeful that they work decently well since they all target the spike protein and all the variants have that.
True, but I would think that the vaccination will offer some level of protection, no matter the strain? Similar to how if you get a flu shot, but get a different strain, it isn't quite a severe? Thoughts on that, anyone?

True, but I would think that the vaccination will offer some level of protection, no matter the strain? Similar to how if you get a flu shot, but get a different strain, it isn't quite a severe? Thoughts on that, anyone?

This has been known for many years. The Flu shot has never offered 100% protection. That said, if a vaccinated person does get the flu,the symptoms are far less severe. I believe Covid will be the same.

Yes - so far J&J has 100% efficacy against death from Covid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom