COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

Scheduled to get vaccinated next Thursday. Don't know which one, I'm kind of suspecting J&J but it could be Moderna. With Louisiana's change in criteria, this will be one of the few times I'm glad my belly's superfluous.
If they didnt already schedule your second appointment its probably J&J

Understandable to be able to want one and done as it will ramp up quicker and is more convenient. I wanted to take one of the double dose ones as they seem to offer a good bit more protection and I will be back to travelling internationally for work pretty soon and I also bought a condo in Bangkok last february that Id like to spend some time in so whatever offers me and the people around me the most protection is the one I want even if its the least convenient.
I thought the J&J was efficient against the South African variant as Pfizer/Moderna is looking into a way to make their vaccine effective against that particular strain.

Quite possibly though when my wife got hers, she didn't know when her second appointment was until the day she got her first.
This what the small pharmacies seem to do — they get you in for one appointment, and then figure out the second one once you get there.

Big outfits like Ochsner and LSUMC handle both appointments up front.

My manager has been spending his days skiing in Utah. He said he was invited to get the J&J vaccine because just about everyone else in the area was already vaccinated. Of course he accepted.

Now I’m debating taking a road trip to Utah.

I thought the J&J was efficient against the South African variant as Pfizer/Moderna is looking into a way to make their vaccine effective against that particular strain.
J&J is more effective against that variant, but moderna and pfizer against the rest. Its a bit of a crap shoot right now, but yes for that variant J&J is the clear winner and its not close.

What kind of stinks is that all the big-name national pharmacies (Walgreens and CVS for sure, not sure about WalMart) are booked up. Calling around to the small places -- and there are a lot of them in the New Orleans area -- seems to be the best bet.

Look up Walmart. New Orleans East, Slidell, and the Westbank had 100+ appointments available as of an hour ago. Now, they haven’t adjusted the new guidelines yet, but i think if you fill out “teacher” etc you will be good to go. Because if you are a smoker, you are now eligible. It’s a shame that as of now, 20+ spots will not be used tomorrow in Slidell.

It’s a shame that these spots are not being used. We have so much vaccine available, we just need the people.

Attachments

• 6F9BA36F-6EFB-4965-8383-E0EBCFDD1975.png
    6F9BA36F-6EFB-4965-8383-E0EBCFDD1975.png
    355.1 KB · Views: 14
Look up Walmart. New Orleans East, Slidell, and the Westbank had 100+ appointments available as of an hour ago. Now, they haven’t adjusted the new guidelines yet, but i think if you fill out “teacher” etc you will be good to go. Because if you are a smoker, you are now eligible. It’s a shame that as of now, 20+ spots will not be used tomorrow in Slidell.
Looks like the southshore spots are all filled, but the Neighborhood markets in Slidell and Covington have a lot of availability every day for the next week.

Looks like the southshore spots are all filled, but the Neighborhood markets in Slidell and Covington have a lot of availability every day for the next week.

The one on Bullard Ave still has about 80 left on Friday-Monday!

J&J is more effective against that variant, but moderna and pfizer against the rest. Its a bit of a crap shoot right now, but yes for that variant J&J is the clear winner and its not close.

I thought that it's just that Pfizer and Moderna were not tested against that variant so we don't know how they do against it where as J&J was tested against it so we know what it does against that variant?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom