COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

Look up Walmart. New Orleans East, Slidell, and the Westbank had 100+ appointments available as of an hour ago. Now, they haven’t adjusted the new guidelines yet, but i think if you fill out “teacher” etc you will be good to go. Because if you are a smoker, you are now eligible. It’s a shame that as of now, 20+ spots will not be used tomorrow in Slidell.

Yep. I got scheduled for the Wal-Mart in New Orleans East for the Pfizer vaccine for tomorrow.

I did it right after the Governor's announcement about the expansion yesterday. New Orleans East had plenty of appointments open yesterday afternoon. Apparently nobody wants to go to The East. :)

I did have to just say I was a teacher because they had not updated their list of qualifying issues. But, since I qualify under several of the categories that the Governor announced yesterday, I'm sure it's fine.

Look up Walmart. New Orleans East, Slidell, and the Westbank had 100+ appointments available as of an hour ago. Now, they haven’t adjusted the new guidelines yet, but i think if you fill out “teacher” etc you will be good to go. Because if you are a smoker, you are now eligible. It’s a shame that as of now, 20+ spots will not be used tomorrow in Slidell.

I know that the Wal-Mart in The East was having people sign up for their waste protocol to be called if there is vaccine that is about to be wasted and there were a lot of spots. I suspect that's part of the reason for the expansion in eligibility.

Yep. I got scheduled for the Wal-Mart in New Orleans East for the Pfizer vaccine for tomorrow.

I did it right after the Governor's announcement about the expansion yesterday. New Orleans East had plenty of appointments open yesterday afternoon. Apparently nobody wants to go to The East. :)

I did have to just say I was a teacher because they had not updated their list of qualifying issues. But, since I qualify under several of the categories that the Governor announced yesterday, I'm sure it's fine.

You might see me there tomorrow. Im going as well😀. 940AM I believe!

I unexpectedly got my first Pfizer dose today. Today was my mom's second Pfizer shot at the Ochsner facility in Baton Rouge and they had an extra dose. Pleasant surprise.

Here's the actual report. Keep in mind, young people don't usually die, so a small change in actual numbers is a very big percentage change.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm?s_cid=mm6942e2_w

From January 26, 2020, through October 3, 2020, an estimated 299,028 more persons than expected have died in the United States.** Excess deaths reached their highest points to date during the weeks ending April 11 (40.4% excess) and August 8, 2020 (23.5% excess) (Figure 1). Two thirds of excess deaths during the analysis period (66.2%; 198,081) were attributed to COVID-19 and the remaining third to other causes†† (Figure 1).

The total number of excess deaths (deaths above average levels) from January 26 through October 3 ranged from a low of approximately 841 in the youngest age group (<25 years) to a high of 94,646 among adults aged 75–84 years.§§ However, the average percentage change in deaths over this period compared with previous years was largest for adults aged 25–44 years (26.5%) (Figure 2). Overall, numbers of deaths among persons aged <25 years were 2.0% below average,¶¶ and among adults aged 45–64, 65–74 years, 75–84, and ≥85 years were 14.4%, 24.1%, 21.5%, and 14.7% above average, respectively.

Discussion
Based on NVSS data, excess deaths have occurred every week in the United States since March 2020. An estimated 299,028 more persons than expected have died since January 26, 2020; approximately two thirds of these deaths were attributed to COVID-19. A recent analysis of excess deaths from March through July reported very similar findings, but that study did not include more recent data through September (5).

Although more excess deaths have occurred among older age groups, relative to past years, adults aged 25–44 years have experienced the largest average percentage increase in the number of deaths from all causes from late January through October 3, 2020. The age distribution of COVID-19 deaths shifted toward younger age groups from May through August (9); however, these disproportionate increases might also be related to underlying trends in other causes of death. Future analyses might shed light on the extent to which increases among younger age groups are driven by COVID-19 or by other causes of death. Among racial and ethnic groups, the smallest average percentage increase in numbers of deaths compared with previous years occurred among White persons (11.9%) and the largest for Hispanic persons (53.6%), with intermediate increases (28.9%–36.6%) among AI/AN, Black, and Asian persons. These disproportionate increases among certain racial and ethnic groups are consistent with noted disparities in COVID-19 mortality.***

1615402915302.png

I unexpectedly got my first Pfizer dose today. Today was my mom's second Pfizer shot at the Ochsner facility in Baton Rouge and they had an extra dose. Pleasant surprise.
That's how we got ours - extra doses at the end of the day. I really like the prevailing attitude about giving it to anyone that is willing to take it. And not being uber-stringent about qualifications.

A few weeks ago, it would have seemed like cutting in line ahead of the more needy, high-risk groups. Not so much, now. Now, it's a matter of getting it out and not wasting precious doses.

Last edited:
Apparently if you hang out at Albertson's( with pharmacy's obviously) towards the end of the day they start making announcements that if you want it come get it before it expires.

I've heard the same about CVS and Walgreens.
I am ******** at Walgreen's. They still have on their website that you have to be 75 to qualify. Answering the phone is apparently outside of their job descriptions. Glad I don't patronize them.

Apparently if you hang out at Albertson's( with pharmacy's obviously) towards the end of the day they start making announcements that if you want it come get it before it expires.

I've heard the same about CVS and Walgreens.
81000493.jpg

I thought that it's just that Pfizer and Moderna were not tested against that variant so we don't know how they do against it where as J&J was tested against it so we know what it does against that variant?
Ther recent numbers are pretty grim for moderna (which I elected to take). 6 x less effective against hte SA strain than it is against the other strains. Astrazenica (we dont have here but big in EU) does next to nothing against it and thats the vaccine they were giving in south africa but they have cancelled the rest of their orders.

Johnson and Johnson is leagues better against it, but lags behind on the rest of the variants. Moderna and Pfizer already working on tweaking the formula or coming up with a booster to fight that strain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom