COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (18 Viewers)

When I worked in the office, I shaved daily. Now, probably once every 7-10 days. My beard is fugly so I can't grow a proper one. Once I get to 10 days, it just bugs me too much and I go ahead and get it done.

Beard + cats = constant feeling of spiderwebs on your face.

Well, today was rougher for me than last night, some generalized malaise, body aches/chills, nausea, etc. Still 100% worth it knowing that I've been able to get both doses. And I will keep wearing masks in public.
It'll probably be another month or so before I get an opportunity to be vaccinated in the UK, but I will be wearing masks in public afterwards as long as there are significant numbers of cases; not deaths, not hospitalisations, just cases.

I think the only concern is the mutations and how well the current vaccines work on the new strains. But, I'm hopeful that they work decently well since they all target the spike protein and all the variants have that.
This being the main reason why. It's not just the existing new strains. It's other potential new strains. As we acquire mass immunity, if a new strain develops, or has already developed, that evades that immunity, it will naturally have an advantage over existing strains and, given a chance to get a foothold and spread, could easily become dominant.

The more widespread the virus in the population, the greater the number of opportunities we're creating for mutations to develop. In an ideal world we'd be rolling out the vaccine in a situation where the virus was already largely suppressed globally, but we're not.

So unless we get to the point where we know that this virus isn't able to mutate in a way that escapes vaccine or naturally acquired immunity, we need to keep bringing cases down to the point where the risk of a mutation developing that evades immunity is negligible. Hopefully the vaccines will prove sufficiently effective in reducing transmission of all current strains to help bring the numbers right down to that point, but until that's actually happened, we should absolutely keep wearing masks as long as they're helping to bring cases numbers down.

And the other reason why is not everyone can be vaccinated.

Scheduled my first shot for the 25th today. Since I've had covid I'm wondering if I'll see symptoms with the first shot. My wife got it between shots and had 24 hours of symptoms after she got her 2nd shot. I expect I'll have some with my first.

I had covid around 3 months ago, and got my first shot yesterday morning. Felt nothing yesterday except some slight soreness. This morning I felt like i had a minor hangover(didn’t drink yesterday) but took some ibuprofen and was at work at 7AM. Just a little sluggish now, but it’s FRIIIIIIDAY!

I had covid around 3 months ago, and got my first shot yesterday morning. Felt nothing yesterday except some slight soreness. This morning I felt like i had a minor hangover(didn’t drink yesterday) but took some ibuprofen and was at work at 7AM. Just a little sluggish now, but it’s FRIIIIIIDAY!
Yeah.....there's been a study done that shows miller lite will alleviate most symptoms. The study originally showed that miller lite made you immune altogether but that was debunked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom