COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (22 Viewers)

Got mine today (Pfizer). The woman who injected me said she thinks the younger you are, the more liable you are to feel the repercussions of getting sick. She said she had a horrible 36 hours after she got her second shot but that also all of a sudden, she just started feeling better. She said that her mother and MIL both got their shots, too, and that they had no problems and they are in their 70s. Whether just her speculation or something she was told, her explanation to me was that the older you are, the less robust your immune system is so less susceptible to feeling sick from having been injected. Which makes some sense.

So far I feel okay.

Got mine today (Pfizer). The woman who injected me said she thinks the younger you are, the more liable you are to feel the repercussions of getting sick. She said she had a horrible 36 hours after she got her second shot but that also all of a sudden, she just started feeling better. She said that her mother and MIL both got their shots, too, and that they had no problems and they are in their 70s. Whether just her speculation or something she was told, her explanation to me was that the older you are, the less robust your immune system is so less susceptible to feeling sick from having been injected. Which makes some sense.

So far I feel okay.

I think that there may be some truth to that. Perhaps a younger immune system has a more robust cytokine response. It also makes me wonder if next year the elderly will receive a booster and not younger populations. Just spit ballin though

So far I feel okay.

Yeah, guess that could make sense. I felt a little so so the 2nd day(nothing the first day) and day 3 it was back to normal!

anyone else feel/see a shift in your behavior or public behavior
the one year anniversary + vaccines + Spring seems to have been a tipping point - people just oozing out into the world
anyone notice this?
Yep. I've had to fight the urge to just go and do stuff. I have no need to go anywhere, but the urge has been creeping in. At least I was able to get out and do some yard work the last couple days.

the one year anniversary + vaccines + Spring seems to have been a tipping point - people just oozing out into the world
anyone notice this?

Yeah we live 2 blocks away from magazine st and it’s pretty close to being “normal” now. Not saying it’s a good/bad it has definitely changed. And I drive down Prytania and St Charles pretty much every day and I noticed that tourists are starting to come back. A few weeks ago the guided tours were becoming popular again and as long as the numbers keep decreasing I don’t mind it!

as long as the numbers keep decreasing
Yep, that's the big thing. I hope and pray that the numbers keep going down. Over the course of the next few weeks, I think we're going to get our answer on that.

Yeah we live 2 blocks away from magazine st and it’s pretty close to being “normal” now. Not saying it’s a good/bad it has definitely changed. And I drive down Prytania and St Charles pretty much every day and I noticed that tourists are starting to come back. A few weeks ago the guided tours were becoming popular again and as long as the numbers keep decreasing I don’t mind it!
Yeah, I actually don’t know how I feel either
plussed, maybe

Yep, that's the big thing. I hope and pray that the numbers keep going down. Over the course of the next few weeks, I think we're going to get our answer on that.
Maybe that’s it for me, that I feel ‘if’ the numbers do go up, behavior won’t adapt
It feels like a sea change

I just watched the Southpark episode. After the vaccines are mass administered I’m 100% on board with partying like there will be no 2022. We can’t continue to live in this morbid unbearable environment forever. At some point we have to ask if that’s a life worth living. I think herd immunity and the vaccinated masses is that point for me. I’m vaccinated and in spite of that I’m still wearing my mask that I believe is largely just for show at this point.

One way or the other...whether you like it or not...we are on the final stretch of this race. We can’t just completely disregard that we are still running that race...but absolutely, we should have some level of relief and hope right now. If we have no hope...I don’t believe that’s a life worth living.

If Biden and his administration is correct in their belief that the vast majority of Americans will be vaccinated by the end of May, there is little reason to believe we won't have a return to something normal by mid june/early july at the latest. Mask mandates will probably drop before then if enough people rush to get their shots. Although, I believe this to be a little fantasy because the next phase in all of this is gonna be people who refuse to get vaccinated and it'll gum up the whole race and it'll end up probably being in the fall.

anyone notice this?

Sort of, but I noticed it really starting around Mardi Gras. I also noticed that after Mardi Gras I saw a lot more out of state plates headed downtown in the mornings which seemed odd to me. But, I think for the last few weeks people have been out a lot more. I know the traffic in Metry on Veterans was just like old times yesterday, but it's kind of been like that the last few weekends.

Anyway, I agree that the genie is out of the bottle and won't be put back at this point. Let's hope the vaccines work against those new strains and that we get the vaccines in enough arms fast enough.

I just watched the Southpark episode. After the vaccines are mass administered I’m 100% on board with partying like there will be no 2022. We can’t continue to live in this morbid unbearable environment forever. At some point we have to ask if that’s a life worth living. I think herd immunity and the vaccinated masses is that point for me. I’m vaccinated and in spite of that I’m still wearing my mask that I believe is largely just for show at this point.

One way or the other...whether you like it or not...we are on the final stretch of this race. We can’t just completely disregard that we are still running that race...but absolutely, we should have some level of relief and hope right now. If we have no hope...I don’t believe that’s a life worth living.
I'm not seeing the "morbid unbearable" side of it I guess. Early on it was pretty crappy but by now I've found my groove.

I'm not seeing the "morbid unbearable" side of it I guess. Early on it was pretty crappy but by now I've found my groove.

Which is sad. Despair and hopeless has become the new norm, so we’ve forgotten what it was actually like to live normal. I’ve actually found myself either not allowing myself to see an end in sight, and feeling guilty for even envisioning it. That’s hopelessness, and I honestly think that it’s pathological. Most people have some level of resilience, but I think there is a good reason why I have significant issues even getting patient to a mental health provider these days. Most people can push through if there is end in sight...and right now, there is no end in sight for many...and it’s a huge mental health concern. I think just a little bit hope might be a good thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom