COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (17 Viewers)

Other than some parts of Michigan, and a few isolated areas, overall, we're looking pretty good for now.

1616644722923.png

Vaccine roll out is going well. At around 20-32% of the population with at least one shot.

1616645010413.png
Dang, Oklahoma's got this thing licked, huh? Sweet. :hihi:

Thought this was a very interesting article
================

There will come a day — maybe even a day in the next few months — when Americans wake up, emerge from their homes, cast away their masks and resume their lives. On that day, the Great Coronavirus Pandemic of 2020-21 will be over.

Ridiculous, right? A consummation devoutly to be wished, but highly unlikely.

Here’s the problem with anticipating the end of the pandemic: No one is sure just what that ending will look like or when it will arrive — or even if we’ll know it when we see it.

Will it be when most of the country is vaccinated? When schools all reconvene safely? When hospitals’ COVID beds are empty? When American ballparks are full for a summer baseball game? When Disneyland reopens? When wearing a mask seems weird again?

“I don’t know that I see a specific ending,” says Erica Rhodes, a comedian in Los Angeles who has found unique ways to perform through the pandemic. “I don’t foresee a moment in time when I say, ‘Oh, everything’s exactly as it was.‘”

The kind of finish that the coronavirus has in store for weary Americans has no distinct ending. That’s a hard pill to swallow for a nation long trained — in some cases quite literally — to expect well-defined and often optimistic conclusions to tortuous sagas...........

All kinds of momentous things that today’s humans are enduring lack distinct endings. Climate change. The “war on terror.” Persisting racism and sexism and homophobia. Those stories ebb and flow, but since they’re not considered specific “events,” they’re often seen differently.

Something like the pandemic, though, despite its protracted nature, falls squarely into the public’s and media’s bucket of “an event,” and that comes with certain expectations. Among them is a discrete ending.........

Nevertheless, the notion of an ending exists for a reason: People need markers in their lives to show that they’ve experienced things, that they’re moving from one phase to another, that there’s somehow meaning in what they endure.

That’s why Jennifer Talarico, who studies how people remember personally experienced events, suggests that even if there’s no actual moment when the pandemic ends, finding a way to mark it is important nonetheless.

“I think of V-E Day or V-J Day. That’s clearly not the end of the war; it took longer than that. But we have these days where there was big communal celebration,” says Talarico, a psychology professor at Lafayette College in Pennsylvania..............

Thought this was a very interesting article
================

The

The kind of finish that the coronavirus has in store for weary Americans has no distinct ending. That’s a hard pill to swallow for a nation long trained — in some cases quite literally — to expect well-defined and often optimistic conclusions to tortuous sagas...........

I've said this many times on both threads. The anti vaccer group is going to keep this virus hanging around longer than it should have been. Your right not to wear a mask and refusing the vaccine ends at the risk of my family's health.

For a while there literally was no Nuts O' Grape

2:35

Also this was walking through the grocery store a year ago

This would be soooo much better if they were singing no mo lambs, no mo sloths, no mo orangutans , no mo fruit bats, etc...

I'm wondering if the new up spike in cases are caused by the new variants. My county in south MS. just reported the first case of the south African variant. LA. and Ala. havent reported any yet. That said,if it's here, you can bet it's in our sister states as well

https://www.sunherald.com/news/coronavirus/article250066914.html
It still amazes me how things end up in Mississippi. Who is going out of their way to travel there? Lol.

I realize it's likely people from MS travelling and coming back.

It still amazes me how things end up in Mississippi. Who is going out of their way to travel there? Lol.

I realize it's likely people from MS travelling and coming back.

The coast does attract quite a few visitors. According to the article the person who caught it was in contact with a friend who recently flew back. They'll be more in the near future i'm sure.

I've said this many times on both threads. The anti vaccer group is going to keep this virus hanging around longer than it should have been. Your right not to wear a mask and refusing the vaccine ends at the risk of my family's health.
Not enough green thumbs for this post. I have a great deal of trouble with wishing harm to the anti vaxxers and virus deniers. I'm sorry, but they are in my jaundiced and jaded view beneath contempt and criminally selfish. It's an inexcusably awful attitude that I have not been able to shake off, and it bothers my conscience-- a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom