COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (10 Viewers)

The coast does attract quite a few visitors. According to the article the person who caught it was in contact with a friend who recently flew back. They'll be more in the near future i'm sure.

My sister, who lived and dealt with this crap in Italy for a year and avoided it was just informed yesterday that their roommate has tested positive.

He travels all the time ( works for large national network ) so no tellin.

sad part is she was scheduled to have vaccine next Tuesday and he is "rooming" because he inbetween selling home and finding place ( and he travels so much that he just doesnt have time to dedicate a search - does NFL/NHL stuff )

We truly are fertile ground for a pandemic. This, obesity, lack of basic nutrition due to bad diets...we are inviting it

We truly are fertile ground for a pandemic. This, obesity, lack of basic nutrition due to bad diets...we are inviting it
How could tert-butylhydroquinone be bad?

Jacksonville mayor lifted the mask mandate. Unfortunately our hospitalization rate has gone up over the past 1-2 weeks. It’s not causal...as there should be a lag between public health moves and resulting hospitalizations. We are still doing well from a capacity standpoint.

Just came from church. The pastor addressed the lifting of the mask mandate in the city. Said that he’s following direction from his medical advisory board and CDC...that the masks will still be required though that’s likely to change over the next two months when vaccination rates in our area are close to 100%. Said that there is a concern for losing members to other churches...but he’s more concerned about losing members to COVID.

Jacksonville mayor lifted the mask mandate. Unfortunately our hospitalization rate has gone up over the past 1-2 weeks. It’s not causal...as there should be a lag between public health moves and resulting hospitalizations. We are still doing well from a capacity standpoint.

I could be wrong but I have always felt like most cities care about capacity and capacity only. When all cities have people dying, numbers alone do not hurt a city image. But let video start surfacing of people dying in groups outside of hospitals while they try to get in and that is a huge PR/image nightmare. Once we get to a point where they feel the % of unvaccinated people cannot likely over run hospitals and everything will be treated as normal again. Self professed cynic over here.

I meant to post this here, instead of the vaccine poll thread.

WHO CAN GET COVID-19 VACCINES IN FLORIDA AND WHO CAN’T? DO YOU NEED PROOF OF RESIDENCY?
On April 5, Florida’s vaccination age criteria drops from 40 to 18.

For now, Florida is giving vaccines to people 40 and older, healthcare workers with direct patient contact and long-term care facility residents and staff. Anyone under 40 who a physician determines is “extremely vulnerable” to COVID-19 because of a preexisting medical condition can also get the vaccine.

Keep in mind that people with high-risk conditions will need their physician to sign an “at-risk” form before they can get the vaccine. The form can be downloaded at https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/. Some hospitals may not accept the form because they have their own system in place or have additional requirements.

It’s also worth noting that pre-K-12 school personnel and child care workers 18 and older can also get the vaccine at federal-run sites and pharmacies across the state.

Only Florida residents and snowbirds can get the vaccine, but there is no county residency requirement in place. That means that if you live in Miami-Dade, you can get the vaccine in Broward, or vice versa. You will need to show proof of Florida residency.

For snowbirds or part-time residents, the proof needs to be in the form of two documents such as a lease agreement and a utility bill no more than two months old, according to the Florida Division of Emergency Management.

Broward is up to about 25% with at least 1 shot. I think a little over half of that has been fully vaccinated.

Of course Sumter is at 51%, mostly due to the Villages retirement community.
1617039243928.png

Must have warmed up in Michigan and other northern areas, just enough for this to spread again.

1617040744379.png

1617040784319.png

Well after a year of avoidance (at home and Italy) and 5 days before scheduled vaccine, my sister has Covid.
Headache, fever, cough and body aches.

She so P'Oed at roommate and somewhat herself for lowering her guard.( he has it and brought into home).

Her husband got vaccine 3 weeks ago and he is negative

Well after a year of avoidance (at home and Italy) and 5 days before scheduled vaccine, my sister has Covid.
Headache, fever, cough and body aches.

She so P'Oed at roommate and somewhat herself for lowering her guard.( he has it and brought into home).

Her husband got vaccine 3 weeks ago and he is negative
Well, on the plus side, the vaccine works...

yeah for sure.
Which vaccine did he get? What are their ages? Hope your sister gets well soon.

I keep seeing articles about a 4th wave coming while at the same time areas are opening up more and more and eliminating rules and mandates.
Also see articles stating where a new vaccine will be needed soon. I suppose this is from new strains. Can't they repeat the same process to make the new vaccine? Will all of this just replace or join the annual flu and flu vaccine routine?

Which vaccine did he get? What are their ages? Hope your sister gets well soon.

I keep seeing articles about a 4th wave coming while at the same time areas are opening up more and more and eliminating rules and mandates.
Also see articles stating where a new vaccine will be needed soon. I suppose this is from new strains. Can't they repeat the same process to make the new vaccine? Will all of this just replace or join the annual flu and flu vaccine routine?

Yes, there is likely another wave coming, and in fact many places are showing an uptick (New Orleans actually reported 41 new cases today, which is more than we've seen in a while). Any commentary that a "new" vaccine will be needed is speculation at this point. Yes there are variants. Current vaccines are showing relatively good effectiveness against the new strains and excellent prevention of critical outcomes from the strains. It's possible we will need vaccine boosters or flu shot type renewals, but so far the data is incomplete. Ideally, everyone would just get vaccinated quickly enough to keep this thing from jumping around and mutating.

Yes, there is likely another wave coming, and in fact many places are showing an uptick (New Orleans actually reported 41 new cases today, which is more than we've seen in a while). Any commentary that a "new" vaccine will be needed is speculation at this point. Yes there are variants. Current vaccines are showing relatively good effectiveness against the new strains and excellent prevention of critical outcomes from the strains. It's possible we will need vaccine boosters or flu shot type renewals, but so far the data is incomplete. Ideally, everyone would just get vaccinated quickly enough to keep this thing from jumping around and mutating.

It's pathetic that America 2021 is so much stupider than America 1918.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom