COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (10 Viewers)

More on the "Vaccine Passports"
===============================

The Biden administration and private companies are working to develop a standard way of handling credentials — often referred to as “vaccine passports” — that would allow Americans to prove they have been vaccinated against the novel coronavirus as businesses try to reopen.

The effort has gained momentum amid President Biden’s pledge that the nation will start to regain normalcy this summer and with a growing number of companies — from cruise lines to sports teams — saying they will require proof of vaccination before opening their doors again.

The administration’s initiative has been driven largely by arms of the Department of Health and Human Services, including an office devoted to health information technology, said five officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the effort. The White House this month took on a bigger role coordinating government agencies involved in the work, led by coronavirus coordinator Jeff Zients, with a goal of announcing updates in coming days, said one official................

‘Vaccine passports’ are on the way, but developing them won’t be easy - The Washington Post

Also, unless you want to lose all faith in humanity due to the "talking loud - saying nothing" types that exist in places like this (as well as "you-know-which social" media sources).... stop paying reading these, and talk to people worth talking to. Unless you like being driven to cynical insanity.

A lot of it is localized though. Where I live, it's pretty rare to run into those either/or, binary choice worldviews. In many rural or religious circles, you'll get more of that. I get what you're trying to say, but that doesn’t mean we have to legitimize a wrong-headed view of the vaccine.

A lot of it is localized though. Where I live, it's pretty rare to run into those either/or, binary choice worldviews. In many rural or religious circles, you'll get more of that. I get what you're trying to say, but that doesn’t mean we have to legitimize a wrong-headed view of the vaccine.

I know you get what I am saying, and I consider you a very reasonable poster here... that's why I have gone so far in this conversation with you (I value your opinion and POV)...

Still though... The point is... Right and Wrong-"headed" views are legitimized by a persons' day to day reality, situational and locational circumstances, and Individual perspective based on how they were raised - leading to their personal beliefs... Which leads to their overall world view and who they decide to trust or dis-trust...

Not acknowledging that a persons (or group of peoples) perception and daily reality is their "truth".... and trying to understand why, and developing some form of empathy / relative respect.... instead of throwing easy labels and discounting them... only leads us to resentment and hate...

Personally - I am done with that.

I know you get what I am saying, and I consider you a very reasonable poster here... that's why I have gone so far in this conversation with you (I value your opinion and POV)...

Still though... The point is... Right and Wrong-"headed" views are legitimized by a persons' day to day reality, situational and locational circumstances, and Individual perspective based on how they were raised - leading to their personal beliefs... Which leads to their overall world view and who they decide to trust or dis-trust...

Not acknowledging that a persons (or group of peoples) perception and daily reality is their "truth".... and trying to understand why, and developing some form of empathy / relative respect.... instead of throwing easy labels and discounting them... only leads us to resentment and hate...

I've been there. My views at the time were wrong-headed. I already acknowledged their perception/reality. Never labeled them stupid, although some probably are. But them justifying their position because they don't trust the government doesn't make sense because the efficacy of the vaccine isn't driven by the government at all. If you don't trust big Pharma, then that makes more sense.

My big issue with anti-vaxxers is they make a lot of clearly false claims about vaccines. It misinforms people and causes them to make poor decisions.

I'll give an example. I have a long time deaf friend who reads out of the mainstream news media where anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are prevalent. It took me a couple of months to finally coax her into going to get the vaccine. The only reason she went is because we've been friends for over 20 years. I went with her to get her first shot. While there, the nurse giving the shot asked my friend if she had any questions. Friend says she was nervous because she'd read some horror stories online. I had to remind her those were exceptionally rare, and probably some exaggerations in these.

She relented and got the shot. She got the Pfizer one, and next 2 days were easy peasy. Just some mild soreness in her arm and she'll be going to get the 2nd shot later this week.

The point is, the misinformation out there scared her and it took some convincing to help her feel safe enough to get the shot.

@Infoman You don't think every single major public and private university in the world (aka the best minds in the world) have also looked at the trial data of the vaccines for an illness of this magnitude? Are they all colluding with every single government to get us? If we all turn into whatever you're afraid of happening, then so be it, but it won't be the intent of the "government."

@Infoman You don't think every single major public and private university in the world (aka the best minds in the world) have also looked at the trial data of the vaccines for an illness of this magnitude? Are they all colluding with every single government to get us? If we all turn into whatever you're afraid of happening, then so be it, but it won't be the intent of the "government."

Please read the entire thread thought process before entering the convo... These are not my thoughts... I am speaking for relative sanity.... I am not a conspiracy guy... I am not saying I agree with anti vaxers.... I am saying.... I understand those that do not agree lock step, and have serious and valid Trust issues with the US Government in general, and Everything Big Pharma specifically.

Last edited:
Trust is usually complete or non-existent... It's a firm belief or a lack of belief.... There isn't much grey area in Trust for most people...

Given the history of our government and it's partisan and paid for officials.... and given the history of Big Pharma companies that produce the science... I can see where people may have some mis-trust here... and it's not that hard to see where they are coming from even though I don't agree with their actions.

The government is just the people we’ve chosen to be in charge.

If we can never trust them, then we’re the problem and maybe a republic isn’t the best way to run a country.

The government is just the people we’ve chosen to be in charge.

If we can never trust them, then we’re the problem and maybe a republic isn’t the best way to run a country.

Not taking the bait - Have fun! This is a total political topic troll job, and the answer lies in Better Implementation - and not Faulty Idea....

Also, as someone sworn to defend this Republic and it's Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic... You are definitely barking up the wrong troll tree.

Last edited:
Working in hospitals throughout the pandemic from every geographic area of the US. Only anecdotal but behind closed doors out of the public/patient eyes, mask usage is not very widespread, the majority wear chin diapers. I’m sure there are other hospitals though that has the opposite scenario but I haven’t witnessed that as of yet. I have been sitting in the back watching training this week for two days and not one doctor or nurse wore a mask over their mouth BUT respiratory workers were 100% with usage.

Regarding Vaccines, I haven’t witnessed any anti-vaccine talk but the concern of the vaccine has been expressed by them all, as it experimental and they don’t know what they don’t know is the gist of their concerns. A few days ago I did see the article below that healthcare workers are not overwhelmingly taking the vaccine.

Please read the entire thread thought process before entering the convo... These are not my thoughts... I am speaking for relative sanity.... I am not a conspiracy guy... I am not saying I agree with anti vaxers.... I am saying.... I understand those that do not agree lock step, and have serious and valid Trust issues with the US Government in general, and Everything Big Pharma specifically.
Then why are you bringing it up if it's not your view? Obviously you have some ability to relate or agree with it if you understand it. I too, don't trust Big Pharma or the government in general, but what choice do we have? The sooner people get vaccinated, the sooner we reach some semblance of normalcy. So if you don't agree with these views, then don't give them the light of day.

Then why are you bringing it up if it's not your view? Obviously you have some ability to relate or agree with it if you understand it. I too, don't trust Big Pharma or the government in general, but what choice do we have? The sooner people get vaccinated, the sooner we reach some semblance of normalcy. So if you don't agree with these views, then don't give them the light of day.

Because it was relevant to a discussion I was having with someone else... The point was simple.... You don't have to agree with everyone, but understanding their mistrust, trepidation, and/or personal point of view on the matter is better than dismissing it as "blanket-dumb". Everyones' choices are based on their own situations, teaching, and personal experiences over time... and You can't judge everyone else based on your own limited experiences as a comparison. I think this thought process needs more light of day than not...

My personal situation is different.... I have trust issues with the US Government (even being ex-solider).... I have trust issues with Big Pharma... That said, my situation puts me in a position where I come into contact on a regular basis with people that are older and have health conditions... So the choice is easy for me - I have to put my issues aside to avoid even the potential of hurting the people I care for.

I have the mental levity to realize... that's not the case for absolutely everyone. And even if I don't agree with their decision, I will attempt to understand it from their personal POV.... while realizing that... every once in a while... I am just going to encounter an butt crevasse... and I ignore those hopeless idiots - but don't judge everyone else by their actions.

Again, it's why I said this...

" It's important to understand people's reservations, and help them work through it. This works if the person has reasonable doubt, but just needs to be connected with the right information to make a better call. This may or may not work when someone has a very unreasonable doubt, you have to go about it another way, or just shake the dust off your feet. "

The end of the day is they are seemingly taking an irrational, yet somewhat understandable approach. So, I guess the question is do you just empathize and leave them unvaccinated, or do you try to convince them, but maybe not aggressively?

Just becuase I think something is stupid, it doensn't mean I wouldn't spend time trying to help someone work through it.

that's most of what public policy communication is, btw. ha.

Because it was relevant to a discussion I was having with someone else... The point was simple.... You don't have to agree with everyone, but understanding their mistrust, trepidation, and/or personal point of view on the matter is better than dismissing it as "blanket-dumb". Everyones' choices are based on their own situations, teaching, and personal experiences over time... and You can't judge everyone else based on your own limited experiences as a comparison. I think this thought process needs more light of day than not...

My personal situation is different.... I have trust issues with the US Government (even being ex-solider).... I have trust issues with Big Pharma... That said, my situation puts me in a position where I come into contact on a regular basis with people that are older and have health conditions... So the choice is easy for me - I have to put my issues aside to avoid even the potential of hurting the people I care for.

I have the mental levity to realize... that's not the case for absolutely everyone. And even if I don't agree with their decision, I will attempt to understand it from their personal POV.... while realizing that... every once in a while... I am just going to encounter an butt crevasse... and I ignore those hopeless idiots - but don't judge everyone else by their actions.

Let's just be clear, to understand people's reactions, and then maybe we can table this whole tangent to keep the thread informational.

What prompted you to make the original post here (link below). The conversation, at that point, was about the anti maskers in South Florida about to have a demonstration. And then some people chiming in about getting their vaccines.

https://saintsreport.com/threads/co...51-285-us-deaths.431370/page-520#post-8396515

I understand your point, just not sure why you decided to make it. And seemingly make it a really big deal.

Michigan is about to get it aggressive again.

1617224831385.png

However, to put it into perspective, while they are about to have a spike, that current spike is about what the trough / low is for Florida now. These are raw numbers, an dnot per capita. And the concern is really about hospitalization rate and beds available. So, while michigan is spiking, grand scheme, it may not be huge. The problem is where it is spiking.. smaller counties, limited hospital resources.

1617224897924.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom