COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (2 Viewers)

I think that the masks are a little bit of a joke at restaurants. The waiters typically are compliance, but in the kitchen? I'd say that mask compliance has to be under 10%, as far as appropriate use of a mask. It's for looks.

I don't know, I've been in and around a few restaurants here and the compliance is quite high. I guess it can vary from city to city, but people here have been taking it pretty seriously.

I don't know, I've been in and around a few restaurants here and the compliance is quite high. I guess it can vary from city to city, but people here have been taking it pretty seriously.

The places that have visible kitchens are typically more compliant. Fast food? Forget about it. And that honestly is where I'm most interested in cleanliness.

Well, generally speaking, most places have already been doing it a while now. They would just keep doing it as a better business practice. As for workers, sure, some might make that choice not to, but I think most will say they'd rather work with a mask than not work at all.
Yeah, it'd be different if we were talking about incorporating this as a new policy, but restaurants have been doing it for a year already.
I think that the masks are a little bit of a joke at restaurants. The waiters typically are compliance, but in the kitchen? I'd say that mask compliance has to be under 10%, as far as appropriate use of a mask. It's for looks.
Some places that may be the case, but others, like say Chic fila, where their corporate strategy insists upon high standards of customer service, I can see adopting them to some level. And again, places like Chipotle or any kind of cafeteria style restaurant, they're just kind of like the next step from hairnets.

And I'm not arguing for legislative mandates, I'm justing thinking some industries might see some benefits with continued usage, and food service is just an obvious one (think also meat packing plants).

The places that have visible kitchens are typically more compliant. Fast food? Forget about it. And that honestly is where I'm most interested in cleanliness.

Well, Chick-fil-A had 100% compliance on mask usage when I went there to interpret for my wife for training last year. She actually worked in food prep/kitchen. The guys in the kitchen were required to wear masks by management. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed.

I've picked up McDonald's, Wendy's and Popeyes over the last 3 months and I never saw anyone without a mask at any of them. So...:shrug:.

Well, Chick-fil-A had 100% compliance on mask usage when I went there to interpret for my wife for training last year. She actually worked in food prep/kitchen. The guys in the kitchen were required to wear masks by management. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed.

I've picked up McDonald's, Wendy's and Popeyes over the last 3 months and I never saw anyone without a mask at any of them. So...:shrug:.

Lol maybe it’s a regional thing. Very high compliance at Chick-fil-A, but not so at the other fast food joints.

Not sure why they are doing this now. We should be working our way off mask usage in the coming months.

I don't think that's a reasonable approach. I understand it, trust me, I want to be done too, but I'd rather use my masks and have little to no regulation as to where I can go and what economic/recreational activity I can do, so long as folks are masked.

And if they're more comfortable, then folks will complain less about wearing them.

However, I've been focused on sticking to fact based, reasonable risk mitigation in my daily life. There are some activities I'm much more open to, and some that I'm not. Being vaccinated only relaxes me a little, but high risk is still high risk. I'd still rather not catch this crap and deal with 2 weeks of isolation or whatever.

The problem is that I think that would drive away many employees. Wearing a mask in hot temperature is miserable. Could you imagine doing it in a kitchen...all day? Yeah...no thanks. I'd rather stock and bag groceries at my local food market.

what if the $500,000 award drove innovation to create a cooler, safer mask?

Thats the point of the competition, no?

We have a TON of creative and innovative folks out there.

I don't think that's a reasonable approach. I understand it, trust me, I want to be done too, but I'd rather use my masks and have little to no regulation as to where I can go and what economic/recreational activity I can do, so long as folks are masked.

And if they're more comfortable, then folks will complain less about wearing them.

However, I've been focused on sticking to fact based, reasonable risk mitigation in my daily life. There are some activities I'm much more open to, and some that I'm not. Being vaccinated only relaxes me a little, but high risk is still high risk. I'd still rather not catch this crap and deal with 2 weeks of isolation or whatever.
Actually, if you are vaccinated and come into contact with a person with an active case at least here in California if you’ve been following distancing you don’t have to quarantine anymore.

I would like to see the 500K go toward not only addressing the comfort but the safety also, as the science from some at this early stage says there is a risk with plastic fiber inhalation, granite there is a greater risk of not wearing at the moment but for long term this needs to be addressed. This country was flooded with cheap mask and home grown alternatives so addressing long term effect with a safer solution would be helpful also.

I am fully vaccinated and stopped wearing masks. I was waking up with sore throats every morning. Since I stopped wearing them, suddenly my sore throats went away. This was homemade / commercial bought masks. Yes, I clean them.

Not buying it

I've been to Disney World many times. It's not really possible to " inadvertently enter through an exit"

Plus, you know what an entrance to an amusement park, carnival, county fair looks like

EDIT - It was actually the exit of the restaurant on site that he "inadvertently" went through

Point still stands, you know what a restaurant lobby looks like
=======================================================

Kelly Sills paid a small fortune for an enchanting trip to “the most magical place on Earth.”

Instead, the Baton Rouge resident — like several other Disney World guests who have defied coronavirus restrictions — visited the Orange County jail.

Amid heightened precautions for the virus at the major Florida tourist attraction, Sills, 47, skipped the temperature screening required of guests, authorities said. He was confronted by security about it at a Disney Springs restaurant, the Boathouse, when he yelled and refused to leave, according to an Orange County Sheriff’s Office arrest report from Feb. 13. When deputies insisted he would be charged with trespassing, he pointed to how much he spent on his vacation, according to body-camera footage released this week.

“I paid $15,000,” said Sills, handcuffed. “You can’t trespass me if I paid $15,000.”

He pleaded not guilty to a trespassing charge, according to Orange County court records.

In an interview Saturday with The Washington Post, Sills said he would have “happily” consented to a temperature screening but he had inadvertently walked in through an exit and not realized his error.

He partly blamed the security manager for escalating the conflict — and compared Disney security to Nazis and the mafia — but also admitted he was in “a bit of a mood” after a day of travel.............

Disney World guest Kelly Sills is arrested after refusing coronavirus temp check, police say - The Washington Post

Last edited:
I am fully vaccinated and stopped wearing masks. I was waking up with sore throats every morning. Since I stopped wearing them, suddenly my sore throats went away. This was homemade / commercial bought masks. Yes, I clean them.
I live in south Ms. The governor has lifted the mask mandate,but many privately owned businesses are still enforcing it. I've received the 2nd dose 5 weeks ago. I still wear mine and honor their request

Not buying it

I've been to Disney World many times. It's not really possible to " inadvertently enter through an exit"

Plus, you know what an entrance to an amusement park, carnival, county fair looks like

EDIT - It was actually the exit of the restaurant on site that he "inadvertently" went through

Point still stands, you know what a restaurant lobby looks like

Kelly Sills paid a small fortune for an enchanting trip to “the most magical place on Earth.”

Instead, the Baton Rouge resident — like several other Disney World guests who have defied coronavirus restrictions — visited the Orange County jail.

Amid heightened precautions for the virus at the major Florida tourist attraction, Sills, 47, skipped the temperature screening required of guests, authorities said. He was confronted by security about it at a Disney Springs restaurant, the Boathouse, when he yelled and refused to leave, according to an Orange County Sheriff’s Office arrest report from Feb. 13. When deputies insisted he would be charged with trespassing, he pointed to how much he spent on his vacation, according to body-camera footage released this week.

“I paid $15,000,” said Sills, handcuffed. “You can’t trespass me if I paid $15,000.”

He pleaded not guilty to a trespassing charge, according to Orange County court records.

In an interview Saturday with The Washington Post, Sills said he would have “happily” consented to a temperature screening but he had inadvertently walked in through an exit and not realized his error.

He partly blamed the security manager for escalating the conflict — and compared Disney security to Nazis and the mafia — but also admitted he was in “a bit of a mood” after a day of travel.............

Disney World guest Kelly Sills is arrested after refusing coronavirus temp check, police say - The Washington Post

I too suspect he is lying and just didn't want to wait in line to do the temperature check.

That being said, it sounds like he was at Disney Springs which is their big retail area that is separate from the theme parks. It usually doesn't have gates so it's possible that the entrances/exits weren't clearly marked. But, he acted like an arse after that which is probably what prompted the arrest.

Edit: Sorry I was typing when you made your edit.

Not buying it

yeah you dont "inadvertently " get into Disney Springs ( the old Boardwalk ) - we were there in Nov 2020. They had that shirt on "lock". i bet it was the line to enter that got him irritated and he decided to skip it all.

And since when has announcing what you paid become akin to name dropping? I mean i have been hearing this more and more and idk if i just havent been paying attention or what, but it seems like everyone wants everyone else to know what they spent. Did he mention if he got federal stimulus too? ? ? lol

And he coulda saved some $$$ by doing one day at Universal. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom