COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (12 Viewers)

I think it's time to reconsider your expectations for fast food.

LOL. I'm not expecting it to be perfectly clean. I understand there's about a 25% chance of explosive diarrhea, and 5-10% chance of outright food poisoning. I'm usually able to accept those risks if I'm in a fix. I sympathize with fast food workers. You're getting paid nickels on the dollar, you are underappreciated and crapped on...asking those guys to wear masks just seems inhumane. But of course I'd be all about it if it would provide just one less episode of GI destruction per month.

I too suspect he is lying and just didn't want to wait in line to do the temperature check.

That being said, it sounds like he was at Disney Springs which is their big retail area that is separate from the theme parks. It usually doesn't have gates so it's possible that the entrances/exits weren't clearly marked. But, he acted like an arse after that which is probably what prompted the arrest.

When we went in Nov, it was roped off to make a decent line to handle the bag check/temp check. ( instead of a mass of humanity in some unorganized school of herring )

there was only 2 in/out areas. Nothing like the old Boardwalk from years ago.

wait a min- dude from Baton Rouge?

zeetes???

nm. That guy was at least 5'4".

When we went in Nov, it was roped off to make a decent line to handle the bag check/temp check. ( instead of a mass of humanity in some unorganized school of herring )

there was only 2 in/out areas. Nothing like the old Boardwalk from years ago.

Yeah, I figured they had changed some stuff. I went in the summer of 2018, I think, and it was wide open then, but I figured they had done some security changes either because of COVID or general security issues. I know that Universal had pretty tight security to get into City Walk even before COVID so Disney probably needed to get better security at Disney Springs.

Not buying it

I've been to Disney World many times. It's not really possible to " inadvertently enter through an exit"

Plus, you know what an entrance to an amusement park, carnival, county fair looks like

EDIT - It was actually the exit of the restaurant on site that he "inadvertently" went through

Point still stands, you know what a restaurant lobby looks like
=======================================================

Kelly Sills paid a small fortune for an enchanting trip to “the most magical place on Earth.”

Instead, the Baton Rouge resident — like several other Disney World guests who have defied coronavirus restrictions — visited the Orange County jail.

Amid heightened precautions for the virus at the major Florida tourist attraction, Sills, 47, skipped the temperature screening required of guests, authorities said. He was confronted by security about it at a Disney Springs restaurant, the Boathouse, when he yelled and refused to leave, according to an Orange County Sheriff’s Office arrest report from Feb. 13. When deputies insisted he would be charged with trespassing, he pointed to how much he spent on his vacation, according to body-camera footage released this week.

“I paid $15,000,” said Sills, handcuffed. “You can’t trespass me if I paid $15,000.”

He pleaded not guilty to a trespassing charge, according to Orange County court records.

In an interview Saturday with The Washington Post, Sills said he would have “happily” consented to a temperature screening but he had inadvertently walked in through an exit and not realized his error.

He partly blamed the security manager for escalating the conflict — and compared Disney security to Nazis and the mafia — but also admitted he was in “a bit of a mood” after a day of travel.............

Disney World guest Kelly Sills is arrested after refusing coronavirus temp check, police say - The Washington Post

"A bit of a mood"...is that what they call flipping out now?

Actually, if you are vaccinated and come into contact with a person with an active case at least here in California if you’ve been following distancing you don’t have to quarantine anymore.
Yeah, that's why I said "catch it". There is still a risk of catching it, just not as severe.

"A bit of a mood"...is that what they call flipping out now?
The dude is full of it.

I mean, rewind that...

"
Amid heightened precautions for the virus at the major Florida tourist attraction, Sills, 47, skipped the temperature screening required of guests, authorities said. He was confronted by security about it at a Disney Springs restaurant, the Boathouse, when he yelled and refused to leave, according to an Orange County Sheriff’s Office arrest report from Feb. 13. When deputies insisted he would be charged with trespassing, he pointed to how much he spent on his vacation, according to body-camera footage released this week.

“I paid $15,000,” said Sills, handcuffed. “You can’t trespass me if I paid $15,000.”

He pleaded not guilty to a trespassing charge, according to Orange County court records.

In an interview Saturday with The Washington Post, Sills said he would have “happily” consented to a temperature screening but he had inadvertently walked in through an exit and not realized his error.

He partly blamed the security manager for escalating the conflict — and compared Disney security to Nazis and the mafia — but also admitted he was in “a bit of a mood” after a day of travel.
............ "

I don't know about any of you, but if I "accidently" went around the temperature check, and I got confronted about it, I would apologize immediately, and ask if I can be properly screened. I can't imagine that Disney was completely unreasonable.

But seriously, when DEPUTIES showed up and told him he could be charged.. by then, you just leave and then talk to them outside of the restaurant...

Side note, this is why I like how Universal does it. You got temperature checked at the Hotels and at the overall entrance. However, all of their stuff is enclosed. Disney Springs is a separate area and they probably don't have a good way of checking everyone as they come in, so they have to do it at certain locations.

The dude is full of it.

I mean, rewind that...

"

He partly blamed the security manager for escalating the conflict — and compared Disney security to Nazis and the mafia — but also admitted he was in “a bit of a mood” after a day of travel.
............ "

I don't know about any of you, but if I "accidently" went around the temperature check, and I got confronted about it, I would apologize immediately, and ask if I can be properly screened. I can't imagine that Disney was completely unreasonable.

But seriously, when DEPUTIES showed up and told him he could be charged.. by then, you just leave and then talk to them outside of the restaurant...

Side note, this is why I like how Universal does it. You got temperature checked at the Hotels and at the overall entrance. However, all of their stuff is enclosed. Disney Springs is a separate area and they probably don't have a good way of checking everyone as they come in, so they have to do it at certain locations.
Termperature checks and screenings were never designed to do anything other than reduce liability and help people feel safe. They were completely ineffective on a global scale. My personal favorite is the screeners the USA set up to check the temperature of incoming international flights early on. Of all the flights coming from overseas, the only covid cases found were the ones of the screeners themselves when they got sick.

Termperature checks and screenings were never designed to do anything other than reduce liability and help people feel safe. They were completely ineffective on a global scale. My personal favorite is the screeners the USA set up to check the temperature of incoming international flights early on. Of all the flights coming from overseas, the only covid cases found were the ones of the screeners themselves when they got sick.

I posted the same earlier. Last Monday my temp was checked at 92.9 or somewhere close to it. I'd be dead if it was accurate. My co-worker who had the full blown virus tested at 97.9 before he was sent home. These digital scanners are not very accurate.

Oh, I agree, but it's what they decided to do to safely re-open. The last thing they want is confirmed community spread at the parks, and then have to close down again, or find it a ghost town. And either way, the guy, when confronted, should have just complied. All of his problems wouldn't exist now, if he just complied. Stupid or not, comply. Also, the odds of him passing, even if he was feverish is high.

We were annual pass holders for Universal until recently (mostly due to the wife in grad school and not working). They sent out survey's asking what kind of steps they could take, how effective and how invasive people thought they were.

I'd bet the nasal rapid test was deemed the most effective, yet most invasive, and probably enough people said they wouldn't want to submit to that. So, temp checks, while not perfect, are at least something. Then making everyone wear masks, etc.

This is Disney's blurb about all of their covid protocols and what they ask folks to do.

Most of it is honor system, though. Hence the masks, cleaning, and temp checks (even if not effective).

Universal is similar.

I posted the same earlier. Last Monday my temp was checked at 92.9 or somewhere close to it. I'd be dead if it was accurate. My co-worker who had the full blown virus tested at 97.9 before he was sent home. These digital scanners are not very accurate.

My girlfriend had a doctors appointment a few months ago

they did the digital temp reading

I’m pretty sure you’re either in a hospital or dead with a temperature that high

My girlfriend had a doctors appointment a few months ago

they did the digital temp reading

I’m pretty sure you’re either in a hospital or dead with a temperature that high

Last summer waiting out in the heat with my son at DMV, mine was 109. The guy said, “sir I can’t let you in with a temperature that high.” I told him I understand and to please call the county coroner because I’m dead and he’s talking to a ghost. He got a good laugh out of it. He did let me in.

I believe this is the Rangers game yesterday or today.

I think by Fall there will be Fully packed NFL and College Stadiums. It probably won't be 100 percent safe, but 90 percent is still a pretty feasible risk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom