COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (22 Viewers)

So, random raw musing, and I"m not sure there is any data on this, or if there will be.

Not sure if it's genetic, or more complicated, but....

I wonder if there will be a link between people who have very strong reactions to the vaccine (ignoring anaphylaxis), and if they had caught Covid-19, would they have likely had it severe enough to be put on a ventilator.

i.e. is what leads to a potential Cytokine Storm, also linked to strong covid-19 vaccine immune response? or is what leads to much stronger symptoms of covid from other immune responses, similar to the strong vaccine reaction?

Over time, I wonder if there will be enough genetic testing to understand this. It could have impacts on all kinds of viruses.

Secondly, the idea of the vaccine is that it creates the spike protein, so that the body gets used to it. So, will this protect from all types of coronaviruses with a similar spike protein?

Jesus, what is wrong with people?!
===================================

A man attempted to strangle a female employee at a New Jersey Burger King after arguing with staff over the company's face mask policy, police have said.

David Siversten, 47, allegedly strangled the employee when he returned to the Route 23 South restaurant at around 4.10 p.m. on March 27, after she complained that he was not wearing a face mask.

In a statement on the Wayne Police Department (WPD) Facebook page, Detective Captain Dan Daly said: "The female employee, who was outweighed by the male assailant by 80 pounds, stated that the suspect entered the restaurant, approached her and wrapped both hands around her neck and began strangling her.

"Video from the restaurant confirmed her description. The attack only ended when another female employee intervened and the suspect fled. The victim of the attack complained of pain but declined transport to a hospital."

It continued: "Further investigation determined that the suspect was the same man who entered Burger King earlier the same day and argued with restaurant employees about his not wearing a mask."...................

Burger King Worker Strangled by Customer Following Mask Dispute, Police Say (msn.com)

If someone is strangling one of my employees, I'm knocking his arse out. He'd be lucky to walk out.

On NOLA.COM it reported the new cases for Tuesday, below 200, but they didn’t have a # for deaths. So I assume, hope, it means 0 which would be pretty great!

That must be in the state. The city was 11 new cases and 0 deaths.

On NOLA.COM it reported the new cases for Tuesday, below 200, but they didn’t have a # for deaths. So I assume, hope, it means 0 which would be pretty great!
I'm knocking on wood as I post this:

In general, over time ... doesn't it seem like the New Orleans area has done reasonably well in comparison to much of the U.S.?

And, at least for my local area of the West Bank (Gretna/Terrytown/Harvey/Marrero) ... mask compliance in local groceries and retailers has been very nearly perfect since the July 4th Weekend mask mandate last summer. I see noses now and again, but I've only seen two people enter a store barefaced since 7/2/2020.

Nearly half of new coronavirus infections nationwide are in just five states — a situation that is putting pressure on the federal government to consider changing how it distributes vaccines by sending more doses to hot spots.

New York, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania and New Jersey together reported 44% of the nation's new COVID-19 infections, or nearly 197,500 new cases, in the latest available seven-day period, according to state health agency data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Total U.S. infections during the same week numbered more than 452,000.

Surging vaccines to places where the number is going up makes sense, said Dr. Elvin H. Geng, a professor in infectious diseases at Washington University. But it’s also complicated.

“You wouldn’t want to make those folks wait because they were doing better,” Geng said. “On the other hand, it only makes sense to send vaccines to where the cases are rising.”................

Nearly half of new US virus infections are in just 5 states (msn.com)

I'm knocking on wood as I post this:

In general, over time ... doesn't it seem like the New Orleans area has done reasonably well in comparison to much of the U.S.?

And, at least for my local area of the West Bank (Gretna/Terrytown/Harvey/Marrero) ... mask compliance in local groceries and retailers has been very nearly perfect since the July 4th Weekend mask mandate last summer. I see noses now and again, but I've only seen two people enter a store barefaced since 7/2/2020.

Don't go to Lafitte and expect to see the same. Apparently once you cross the Intracoastal canal, Covid no longer exists.

Don't go to Lafitte and expect to see the same. Apparently once you cross the Intracoastal canal, Covid no longer exists.
So I've seen and heard. Seems to be similar north of the lake, too.

Just saw here in California our positivity rate is at 1.5 and that at this point between vaccines and such all restrictions except masking should be taken away June 15 which by that time the majority of the state should be vaccinated. Depending on additional results from if covid is transmitted with immunization or not that may be dropped also. Great news and not a wild reaction like some states

Nearly half of new coronavirus infections nationwide are in just five states — a situation that is putting pressure on the federal government to consider changing how it distributes vaccines by sending more doses to hot spots.

New York, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania and New Jersey together reported 44% of the nation's new COVID-19 infections, or nearly 197,500 new cases, in the latest available seven-day period, according to state health agency data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Total U.S. infections during the same week numbered more than 452,000.

Surging vaccines to places where the number is going up makes sense, said Dr. Elvin H. Geng, a professor in infectious diseases at Washington University. But it’s also complicated.

“You wouldn’t want to make those folks wait because they were doing better,” Geng said. “On the other hand, it only makes sense to send vaccines to where the cases are rising.”................

Nearly half of new US virus infections are in just 5 states (msn.com)
I'd bet that you could send a healthcare worker with a J&J shot to the home of each individual in Florida, Michigan, and Pennsylvania and you wouldn't have very many people accept a shot.

Keep sending doses where they're being used until those areas are covered.

Today. It was the home season opener and the 1st game allowing Rangers fans into the new ballpark for a Rangers game. It was supposed to happen last season, but, you know. Full capacity was open only for this game. It goes to reduced capacity now. Roof was open and side sections open to allow good ventilation. Not saying it won’t be a super spreader event, but Texas.
Yes, quoting myself. Right under 19k at the Rangers/Blue Jays tonight. Based solely on camera pans of the crowd, I’d guesstimate mask usage is about 3%. And that’s mostly the ushers who have to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom