COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (8 Viewers)

couple of models thru Univ of Wash and another ( i think UM ) say that the likely number is 5 to 10x higher.

Thats really hard to wrap your mind around, but in a country with such dense and relatively poor population, its probably closer to 1,000,000 per day. I just dont think they have the testing capacity to churn out those numbers.

And just like here early on, there is motivation ( politically ) to tamp down those "official" numbers.

Our own numbers were at least 5x higher.

My colleagues in Bangalore are on strict lockdown for 2 weeks. They expect it’ll be extended. Though pandemics are rare, it is highlighting issues that can happen by depending too much on offshore teams for schedule dependent work. We’re having to pick up more of their responsibilities.

"A Kenyan doctor who became a vociferous opponent of the Covid-19 vaccine has succumbed to the virus, weeks after saying the jab was "totally unnecessary".
Dr Stephen Karanja, chairman of the Kenya Catholic Doctors Association, advocated steam inhalation and hydroxychloroquine tablets.
He clashed with the Catholic church over the safety of the Covid jabs."

"A Kenyan doctor who became a vociferous opponent of the Covid-19 vaccine has succumbed to the virus, weeks after saying the jab was "totally unnecessary".
Dr Stephen Karanja, chairman of the Kenya Catholic Doctors Association, advocated steam inhalation and hydroxychloroquine tablets.
He clashed with the Catholic church over the safety of the Covid jabs."

People gonna do what they do. Ignore the evidence at their own peril.

Supposedly next week we're going to find out in Jefferson parish if the St.Patricks day parade is going to roll on July 4th. Has anyone heard about that?

I figure it'll take us another year or two to start learning a lesson. We've got too many ignorant people running around.

Which is why Joe Rogan’s comments were so stupid. Covid severity is likely related to a number of factors - overall age and health aren’t the only drivers. And the main variants have shown to be worse for young adults than the earlier virus. Being young and fit isn’t enough to risk it.

Which is why Joe Rogan’s comments were so stupid. Covid severity is likely related to a number of factors - overall age and health aren’t the only drivers. And the main variants have shown to be worse for young adults than the earlier virus. Being young and fit isn’t enough to risk it.

Joe Rogans comments were stupid just because it was never about whether or not you beat the virus back and survive, its about you spreading it to those who can't.

Too many people are ignorant about the potential for long-term effects. It's especially terrible for young people to suffer from long-term effects.

Just my two cents, but this pandemic has taught us who’s willing to help and who isn’t. Those that continue to stomp and beat their chest on not following the recommendations are clear think for themselvers and not wanting to help. Those that are following the guidelines are pulling together for a greater cause.
That’s what this pandemic is teaching us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom