COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

They have a particular variant of concern. the B.1.617 strain.

There's also been some concern about that spreading, there's been around 100 cases of it detected in the UK now (almost all relating to travel because the UK is only adding India to the 'red list' banning travel/requiring quarantine this Friday; at the moment anyone can still fly straight to the UK from India and is only asked to to self-isolate for 10 days). https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56813025

But as I understand it, it's not yet clear whether that variant is driving the surge partially or entirely, or whether it's more down to the complacency that allowed mass gatherings; India reopened workplaces, markets, shops, and have been allowing large weddings, festivals, election rallies, etc.

Something to watch for sure though.

This article says the variant you mentioned may be the main cause .

This is ridiculous

"The federal Strategic National Stockpile of medical supplies had only 15 million syringes, according to Dr. Rick Bright, who later left his position at Health and Human Services and filed a whistleblower complaint."

"Navarro said the U.S. would need 850 million needles."

"Despite the race to replenish the domestic needle and syringe supply, about 400 shipping containers of syringes have left the U.S. for countries including Germany, Colombia, Australia, Brazil and Italy this year, according to Panjiva Inc., a service that independently tracks global trade."

This company, upon which we may be betting our lives, has produced 1,000 experimental syringes, has not filled them, has not run trials, and has not been approved by the FDA.

This article says the variant you mentioned may be the main cause .
It would seem that their low vaccination rates are a big part of it, as well.

I'd imagine trying to vaccinate 1,366,000,000 is a lot more difficult than 328,000,000.

At the same time, Brazil only has 211,000,000.

I'd hate to have to be in charge of trying to figure out slowing down the spread in India.
I'd start with a single dose vaccine. Is J&J the only one?

The hardest part would be keeping track of who hasn't been vaccinated.

Found out a few days ago my father passed away after a long battle with Covid.

RIP DAD LOVE YOU. YOURE IN A BETTER PLACE NOW. MAY YOU GET TO PEAK IN ON THE SAINTS GAMES THIS YEAR

Attachments

• 0405211310.jpg
    0405211310.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Damn. Sorry man.
Thanks man appreciate it. Im sure many on here lost parents and close ones due to this horrible dissase. My wife was in hospital with severe pnuemonia and fever from what her doctor strongly suspected was Covid last February for a week.

For fours days before going to hospital she struggled with breathing

Looks like things may be calming down a bit for now. Still too high in Michigan.

1619057891156.png

For vaccines, looks like we're hitting an overall peak. Whenever they OK this for kids, is when it will jump up again, I'm sure.

1619058242580.png

1619058498609.png
1619058533688.png

1619058567509.png

We have friends who were hesitant to let their 16 yro boy get vaccinated, and also advised their older boys(18 and 20) about getting it because they "heard" it can cause infertility. One of their friends read on FB that the mRNA vaccines can cause infertility, so anyone that wants to have kids some day should not get it. I pressed them on it and asked if they had done any research on this claim. Of course they had not because the person who told them is trustworthy. I did the research for them and told them it's completely false, and the closest it comes is the mRNA shares a single protein with the uterus, which is in girls and not boys. But the analogy I read about the commonality in the protein is like you and someone else having the same digit in your phone number. You can't reach the other person by dialing the 1 digit. They did their own research and relented and changed their view towards the vaccines. All 3 of their boys have gotten at least 1 shot as of now.

During trying times, myths and falsehoods sprout like mushrooms after rainfall. One of many that has emerged so far during the Covid-19 pandemic is that vaccines against the disease will cause infertility in women.

It won’t.

The likely origin of this myth is a letter sent to the European Medicines Agency (the equivalent of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration) by two European anti-vaccination propagandists. They erroneously claimed that the “vaccine contains a spike protein called syncytin-1 [that is] vital for the human placenta in women.”

To be sure, syncytin-1 is vital for the human placenta. Destruction of this protein would disrupt its formation, leading to infertility or miscarriage. But the claim that Covid-19 vaccines either contain syncyntin-1 or the message to generate antibodies to it is false.

Sadly, false news travels fast. This claim has been — and continues to be — amplified on social media, and has prompted some women to worry about getting a Covid-19 vaccine and others to choose not to get vaccinated, even though it has been widely debunked.

Preliminary data on Covid-19 vaccines and pregnancy were presented at the CDC’s Advisory Committee of Immunization Practices meeting on March 1. They demonstrated the safety of both the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines in more than 30,000 patients with pregnancies. Data from the V-safe pregnancy registry, with nearly 2,000 participants, were also reassuring, with rates of miscarriage, stillbirth, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia or gestational hypertension, eclampsia, and intrauterine growth restriction lower among the V-safe pregnancy registry participants compared to national rates.

The situation in India is so bad - and it's nowhere near the apex, with hundreds of thousands of new cases daily (still going up), and severe/hospitalization-requiring disease lagging new cases by over two weeks, it's going to get worse in India. They are setting up makeshift oxygen tents where dozens of patients get connected to an oxygen system . . . but thy are crude and sometimes fail.

Yet the country has not moved to shut down mass gatherings. Large (by India's standards means tens of thousands or more) political gatherings and religious celebrations continue on a regular basis.

The situation in India is so bad - and it's nowhere near the apex, with hundreds of thousands of new cases daily (still going up), and severe/hospitalization-requiring disease lagging new cases by over two weeks, it's going to get worse in India. They are setting up makeshift oxygen tents where dozens of patients get connected to an oxygen system . . . but thy are crude and sometimes fail.

Yet the country has not moved to shut down mass gatherings. Large (by India's standards means tens of thousands or more) political gatherings and religious celebrations continue on a regular basis.

If there ever was a place that needed to be locked down, this is definitely up there. Still allowing large public gatherings is crazy to me. That said, India was always going to be a powder keg for an epidemic; the sheer numbers of people, widespread poor working conditions and medical services, the services between those wealthy citizens and the working class couldn't be more stark. India has a ton of problems that only makes the pandemic worse. Sad to see it getting so bad there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom