COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

I posted the following on both threads. My wife is from Taiwan. It's common practice to wear masks and social distance during Flu season. When the original outbreaks started occuring in Wuhan, they immediately shut down air and sea travel to mainland China. It's something the USA should have done.

Same with Vietnam - the countries with the most direct first-hand 'experience' with China were not going to buy into their bull crap

It's pretty clear by a number of different methods that China's numbers aren't accurate - they're complete lies.

No doubt. Significant civil right infringements all over the place. They’re government is completely untrustworthy and considering that they were ground zero it’s really scary to think about how much damage has been done there that we don’t know about.

I am "friends" with this chick on IG (we share a mutual friend but have never met each other IRL). She's 29 years old, lives in TN and for whatever reason has been totally anti-vax in this case - even to the point of re-posting total strangers claims of getting rashes and fainting after the vaccine and "the experts are not telling us about this!!"

The rules in TN have clearly been way more relaxed than in CA because she has been posting her gym/fitness content since last year and no masks being worn anywhere.

Last week she posted that she wasn't feeling well and working from home. Today she posted: "I don't wish this COVID bullshirt on my worst enemy"

I certainly don't want her to die but I am just still in disbelief that people think that there is a global conspiracy and recognized science ACROSS THE GLOBE with leaders from all forms of government are actually in agreement on, think that the vaccine is dangerous & more dangerous than COVID. I hope she finally listens to the experts (her doctor) and gets vaccinated after she is better. She probably still won't and believe that she's now got immunity and then one of the variants will get her.

My department at work has 13 people.

9 of us have had, at least 1 shot.

1 is at home with covid.

3 are anti-vax. The three are our youngest. Two of their wives are nurses and the other's wife is a physical therapist. One would expect them to know better.

My department at work has 13 people.

9 of us have had, at least 1 shot.

1 is at home with covid.

3 are anti-vax. The three are our youngest. Two of their wives are nurses and the other's wife is a physical therapist. One would expect them to know better.
I cannot stress this enough... there are a lot of ... ahem... not very bright nurses out there. A. LOT.

Not all of them are dumb. But there sure are plenty of them.

Yeah, and there are all kinds of nurses too. My daughter wants to be an NP. So she's got her work cut out for her, but she's busting her butt to get there. She's been interning at a hospital near the school, and she's talked to more than a few of those not so bright nurses there. They definitely aren't all on the same level.

Yeah, and there are all kinds of nurses too. My daughter wants to be an NP. So she's got her work cut out for her, but she's busting her butt to get there. She's been interning at a hospital near the school, and she's talked to more than a few of those not so bright nurses there. They definitely aren't all on the same level.
Absolutely not. I have worked with some really fantastic NP’s and I also have found that my own doctors who have NP’s at their offices, I tend to like them better than the doctors. Lol

I am "friends" with this chick on IG (we share a mutual friend but have never met each other IRL). She's 29 years old, lives in TN and for whatever reason has been totally anti-vax in this case - even to the point of re-posting total strangers claims of getting rashes and fainting after the vaccine and "the experts are not telling us about this!!"

The rules in TN have clearly been way more relaxed than in CA because she has been posting her gym/fitness content since last year and no masks being worn anywhere.

Last week she posted that she wasn't feeling well and working from home. Today she posted: "I don't wish this COVID bullshirt on my worst enemy"

I certainly don't want her to die but I am just still in disbelief that people think that there is a global conspiracy and recognized science ACROSS THE GLOBE with leaders from all forms of government are actually in agreement on, think that the vaccine is dangerous & more dangerous than COVID. I hope she finally listens to the experts (her doctor) and gets vaccinated after she is better. She probably still won't and believe that she's now got immunity and then one of the variants will get her.

If she dies, then the conspiracy theory will be she was murdered by the government to make it look like she died of covid.

QAnon'ers, flat Earthers, those who believe evolution is fake, "truthers' who claim the U.S. government brought down the Trade Center, those who believe the Illuminati control the world, those who believe there's a microchip in the covid vaccine which in turn is the mark of the beast, those who believe Jewish lasers are burning forests in California... the list goes on.

To various degrees, humans have always been like that. But it seems paradoxical, that the more information we get, the less informed we are, and the more fantastic our fantasies become.

If she dies, then the conspiracy theory will be she was murdered by the government to make it look like she died of covid.

QAnon'ers, flat Earthers, those who believe evolution is fake, "truthers' who claim the U.S. government brought down the Trade Center, those who believe the Illuminati control the world, those who believe there's a microchip in the covid vaccine which in turn is the mark of the beast, those who believe Jewish lasers are burning forests in California... the list goes on.

To various degrees, humans have always been like that. But it seems paradoxical, that the more information we get, the less informed we are, and the more fantastic our fantasies become.

Well, I think part of it is ease of access, not just of good, factual information, but also ease of access to the messed up information. Without the internet, I'm pretty sure I never would have heard of Q-anon and the microchip Covid vax thing. I've never actually talked about either of those two things with anyone outside of SR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom