COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

These people are nuts. Nvts nuts!

There has been a firestorm of controversy over an email that went out to faculty and staff at the exclusive Miami private school Centner Academy, warning staff against taking any of the COVID-19 vaccines, saying the school will no longer employ anyone who has received a shot.

Centener Academy has campuses in the Design District and Edgewater.

It’s very pricey, with tuition starting at nearly $25,000 a year for Pre-K and elementary school students.

Co-founder Leila Centner sent an email to parents on Monday, laying out the school’s policy on vaccines, alleging, without citing any scientific evidence, that vaccinated persons may be transmitting something from their bodies that could harm others, impacting fertility and the reproductive systems of women and also the development of children.

So the whole "should we wear masks outside" thing is blowing up. It appears that the CDC is changing its guidance on the use of masks outdoors. And some political commentators are now encouraging people to consider it a form of "abuse" if you see a child outdoors with a mask on.

The problem with this whole issue, again, is that Americans are stupid and cannot handle conditional information or nuance - everything has to be distilled to the dumbest, lowest common denominator . . . which leads to this kind of inane debate.

It has been obvious to me since probably last Spring, that wearing a mask outside is usually unnecessary - there is excellent natural air flow outside and most of the time you're outdoors you aren't near a bunch of other people. Early research was pretty clear that risk of infection outside was low enough that masks weren't really needed unless you're mixed in with a bunch of people in close proximity.

I haven't worn a mask outside at all, except for those times I'm in a bit of a crowd. I don't expect my kids to wear masks outside unless they're in very close proximity with other kids, e.g. on the playground near our house with tube slides and other confined spaces. And we only tell them to mask up if there's a bunch of other kids in the same spaces.

But the CDC could never issue guidance that says "the more people you have in a small space, the more appropriate it becomes . . . use good judgment" because many Americans can't operate on that kind of standard.

So the whole "should we wear masks outside" thing is blowing up. It appears that the CDC is changing its guidance on the use of masks outdoors. And some political commentators are now encouraging people to consider it a form of "abuse" if you see a child outdoors with a mask on.

The problem with this whole issue, again, is that Americans are stupid and cannot handle conditional information or nuance - everything has to be distilled to the dumbest, lowest common denominator . . . which leads to this kind of inane debate.

It has been obvious to me since probably last Spring, that wearing a mask outside is usually unnecessary - there is excellent natural air flow outside and most of the time you're outdoors you aren't near a bunch of other people. Early research was pretty clear that risk of infection outside was low enough that masks weren't really needed unless you're mixed in with a bunch of people in close proximity.

I haven't worn a mask outside at all, except for those times I'm in a bit of a crowd. I don't expect my kids to wear masks outside unless they're in very close proximity with other kids, e.g. on the playground near our house with tube slides and other confined spaces. And we only tell them to mask up if there's a bunch of other kids in the same spaces.

But the CDC could never issue guidance that says "the more people you have in a small space, the more appropriate it becomes . . . use good judgment" because many Americans can't operate on that kind of standard.
That's how we've operated for pretty much this entire time. Only once at this park have we put on masks, and that's because there was a huge crowd by one of the soccer field's. Once we were past that, masks off.

Otherwise, it's only if it's enforced outdoors, like at Universal/Disney or some parks.

I see people put their mask on when they get close to other people. That's their call. I don't mind it.

If I'm wearing my mask leaving my car to enter a store, it's just easier for me to have it on, then take out my phone or whatever. like, when I arrive to work, especially if I have coffee or something in my hands, I put my mask on before I get out of the car, just to have less crap to fumble around with.

Overall, I think it goes back to that NY Times e-mail I posted a couple days ago about "compassion" being the right way to go about it. Why mock someone for being safe?

Indoors, screw that, wearing a mask and likely taking my food to go.

did ya miss the "meditation with crystals" part?

( i read it in the Miami Herald article ) LOLOL. They DONT believe in science, but DO believe in the power of crystals.

okie dokie.
I don't think the Channel 10 version had that bit (or at least not yesterday). However, I'm just trying to keep it focused on the vaccine part. They literally think anyone vaccinated can now "spread something" to others? Huh???

I don't think the Channel 10 version had that bit (or at least not yesterday). However, I'm just trying to keep it focused on the vaccine part. They literally think anyone vaccinated can now "spread something" to others? Huh???

yes something is being "emitted" from the vaccinated persons body.

Its not readily "visible" to the naked eye, but something is emanating from them and into non-vaccinated people.

They actually wrote, typed and mailed this out to every enrolled family.

Its insanity. We are in some sort of bizarro world.

Its not readily "visible" to the naked eye, but something is emanating from them and into non-vaccinated people.

I'd never have a kid at this school based on cost, and what they teach, but, if I ever got something from a school that was along those lines, I'd probably just reply with...

"You're _______ing stupid"

And I never do that.

America... land of the free, home of the stupidest forking people on the planet.

I'd never have a kid at this school based on cost, and what they teach, but, if I ever got something from a school that was along those lines, I'd probably just reply with...

"You're _______ing stupid"

And I never do that.

listen, when you send your child to a school that costs $18k for pre-k thru 1 and $30k for 2-7, its about elitism. Belonging. There is a psychological aspect for the families that send kid(s) there. And , since they want to hold on to that "status", they will DEFEND that school, tooth and nail.

Because to do otherwise would be realizing that THEY made a mistake in judgement and thats simply not acceptable. So they will join this "fight" no matter how stupid it is, because they have to defend their status.

Its a win/win for the school.

$25k/year to receive such knowledge!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom