COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) 35,147,918 US cases, 625,852 US deaths.] (57 Viewers)

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
If you look at the graph for Louisiana, we're about two weeks behind where were at this time last year. On July 2, 2020, the numbers were almost identical to what they are today as far as new cases and 7-day average. The slope of the graph is almost identical to last year, as well. It's happening again and people don't give a shirt. I'm going to go ahead and predict that this fall / winter is going to be just as bad as the last one was. If I had to bet on it, I'd feel pretty comfortable placing a large amount of money on that prediction just because people are so forking stupid.
What makes your statement even scarier is that at this time last year, no one was vaccinated. The two week lag may be because of vaccinations.

SaintRob

Who Dat!
Reaction score
If you look at the graph for Louisiana, we're about two weeks behind where were at this time last year. On July 2, 2020, the numbers were almost identical to what they are today as far as new cases and 7-day average. The slope of the graph is almost identical to last year, as well. It's happening again and people don't give a shirt. I'm going to go ahead and predict that this fall / winter is going to be just as bad as the last one was. If I had to bet on it, I'd feel pretty comfortable placing a large amount of money on that prediction just because people are so forking stupid.
Let's hope that the death line does not follow suit.

hockey2112

All-Pro
Reaction score
The only counter I can think of in comparing the existing vaccination requirements against the Covid vaccine, is that the existing vaccinations are FDA-approved fully, Covid is not. Hopefully this changes soon so the FDA part is no longer a part of the argument.

2 minutes after FDA approval: "yeah, well, the FDA is just another arm of big pharma/the government/the illuminati/lizard people, so I know I can't trust them and their shot".

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
2 minutes after FDA approval: "yeah, well, the FDA is just another arm of big pharma/the government/the illuminati/lizard people, so I know I can't trust them and their shot".

This

My girlfriend's close friend has been saying the FDA approval is the only reason why she hasn't gotten it

Once it's approved I fully expect a pivot to something else

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This

My girlfriend's close friend has been saying the FDA approval is the only reason why she hasn't gotten it

Once it's approved I fully expect a pivot to something else
Approval may not spur a lot of vaccinations though. I'm to the point I believe 90% of vaccinated are those who want to be. I don't see FDA approval raising my state of MS. from 32% fully vaccinated to 75% . I'm sure other states have the same problem. It became political and never should have been.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Approval may not spur a lot of vaccinations though. I'm to the point I believe 90% of vaccinated are those who want to be. I don't see FDA approval raising my state of MS. from 32% fully vaccinated to 75% . I'm sure other states have the same problem. It became political and never should have been.

oh no doubt

But "It's not FDA approved" "sounds" better than mind control nanobots

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
I have a family member who is a nurse (and not antivax) claiming that over 80% of the positive tests she's getting back are coming from vaccinated people. Seems unlikely, but she's adamant its true.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lambda, come on down. You're the next contestant on the Price is Right!

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
Lambda, come on down. You're the next contestant on the Price is Right!

It doesn't look like it will out compete Delta. Only place it ever really gained a foothold was Peru where it likely originated.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't look like it will out compete Delta. Only place it ever really gained a foothold was Peru where it likely originated.
And that is fine. I hope that Delta is the worst we ever have to deal with. It seems to be plenty on its own.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
My uncle just got it and he's fully vaccinated.

I'm starting to think breakthroughs are way more common than we're being led to believe. It's tough to tell because the CDC stopped tracking non severe breakthroughs.. But as long as protection against serious illness and death remain sufficient I guess we'll just have to deal.

fdl16

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm starting to think breakthroughs are way more common than we're being led to believe. It's tough to tell because the CDC stopped tracking non severe breakthroughs.. But as long as protection against serious illness and death remain sufficient I guess we'll just have to deal.
Sure is looking that way, and the CDC appears to be digging their heels in on their decision to remove the mask mandate for vaccinated people. I hope they will admit their mistake soon, but I'm not counting on it.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom