COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (12 Viewers)

good article
=============

The pandemic finally seems to be easing its grip on the United States, nudging us back into public life, friendly visits, even travel. But going back to the office full-time?

According to most workers, the answer is simple: I would prefer not to.
Not yet. Not every day, anyway — and maybe not ever. If the pandemic has shown us anything, it’s that the old way of working left little room for living.

Between our fragile mental health and a work world desperate to have us slot back in, something has to give. The obvious answer is a new model that allows for in-office, hybrid or fully remote work. But it’s an open question how many workplaces agree.

A poll by the Best Practice Institute and reported in Newsweek found that some 83 percent of CEOs want employees back full-time, while only 10 percent of workers want back in. A seismic standoff is building.

“There is a belief in our culture that we’ve proven that most jobs can be done virtually,” Melissa Swift of consulting firm Korn Ferry told Newsweek. “But that’s not the belief within the leadership of organizations, so we’re headed for a real clash.”

Certainly some people are thrilled to squeeze into hard pants and rejoin the thrum of the office. But for many, going back to working for the weekend is the nightmare.

Who, exactly, is thirsting to wake up earlier to slog through their commute? Who’s excited about team-building exercises, long hours and impromptu meetings?

Who could possibly be jazzed about sharing colds (to say nothing of, still, the coronavirus), wrangling child care or promising to work late because you had the gall to schedule a doctor’s appointment?..........

Had a meeting regarding mask mandates with the management of three employers and have another in a few days.

These are all heavy industry.

Vaccinated employees will no longer be required to wear masks if they provide proof of vaccination.

Vaccinated employees will be given stickers for their hard hats so that supervisors can quickly determine who is, and who is not, vaccinated.

The hope is that this will provide incentive for the anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated but I suspect that they'll fake it and risk being fired if discovered.

Had a meeting regarding mask mandates with the management of three employers and have another in a few days.

These are all heavy industry.

Vaccinated employees will no longer be required to wear masks if they provide proof of vaccination.

Vaccinated employees will be given stickers for their hard hats so that supervisors can quickly determine who is, and who is not, vaccinated.

The hope is that this will provide incentive for the anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated but I suspect that they'll fake it and risk being fired if discovered.

I like the idea! And if someone wants to fake a vaccination, and risk being fired, then well...

Overall looking good. Most of the ones around Colorado and Texas are very small population counties and they literally have like 1 or 2 cases in the county. But per capita, that's big.

Northern Minnesota is something to watch a bit.

Miami Dade has been relatively high this entire past 2-3 months. They're finally coming down.

1621787759049.png

Been over 2 million vaccines a day for the last three days in a row. Looks like an uptick in Pfizer.. so likely kids and teens. School still has another 2 or 3 weeks left. We were just waiting for a Friday after all of her State testing was done to get her first shot.

1621787907492.png

1621787966299.png

1621788020151.png

The bottom three are Hawaii, Texas, and Florida.

Overall looking good. Most of the ones around Colorado and Texas are very small population counties and they literally have like 1 or 2 cases in the county. But per capita, that's big.

Northern Minnesota is something to watch a bit.

Miami Dade has been relatively high this entire past 2-3 months. They're finally coming down.

1621787759049.png

Why is it that the north central region keeps having these *outbreaks*?

Been over 2 million vaccines a day for the last three days in a row. Looks like an uptick in Pfizer.. so likely kids and teens. School still has another 2 or 3 weeks left. We were just waiting for a Friday after all of her State testing was done to get her first shot.

1621787907492.png

1621787966299.png

1621788020151.png

The bottom three are Hawaii, Texas, and Florida.

i dont see any state lower than Louisiana.

oops nm I see you Mississippi.

To be fair, even that part of northern Minnesota is high per capita (56 per 100k), but is only 7 cases.

Small numbers going up can be a large percent change. They have pretty solid vaccination numbers up there, so I don't think this will go crazy.

1621872507438.png

Very little natural vitamin D production in those states.

Also, what in the world is going on in Japan? Why is there so little effort for vaccinations there. Barely 5% vaccination rate.

Very little natural vitamin D production in those states.

Also, what in the world is going on in Japan? Why is there so little effort for vaccinations there. Barely 5% vaccination rate.

I keep reading conflicting reports on vitamin D effects

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom