COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) 35,147,918 US cases, 625,852 US deaths.] (21 Viewers)

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
At Oschner in Cov for daughter shot....place is absolutely packed.

Guess Delta woke folks up
I know you know this,but keep her practicing social distancing and mask wearing. It takes up to two weeks for the body to build suffecient anti-bodies. Same for the 2nd dose. Two weeks after the 2nd dose,she will be good to go

I'm also glad to hear the hospital was packed. We still need a lot more vaccinated

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
I know you know this,but keep her practicing social distancing and mask wearing.
While we're here ...

Faceman, what's the lay of the land in Ocean Springs? Me and the family (all fully vaxxed) are headed there tomorrow for a three-day weekend. We have a rental with a full kitchen, and will probably only eat out for two lunches (at outdoor-seating places) over the weekend.

I'm assuming that for any grocery-shopping and retail we visit ... we'll be the only masked people? Absolutely zero masking on the Gulf Coast, or just a low level?

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
While we're here ...

Faceman, what's the lay of the land in Ocean Springs? Me and the family (all fully vaxxed) are headed there tomorrow for a three-day weekend. We have a rental with a full kitchen, and will probably only eat out for two lunches (at outdoor-seating places) over the weekend.

I'm assuming that for any grocery-shopping and retail we visit ... we'll be the only masked people? Absolutely zero masking on the Gulf Coast, or just a low level?
If you are fully vaxxed, you'll be fine.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Glad to hear it. Hopefully it signifies a bigger trend.
There were 48 chairs set up... Every one was taken and we stood in a line of abt 20. At 9

Just left and still had abt 20 getting shots.

As to trend... I'll tell u this. My buddy who was not big on vaccine... Ran into him and daughter as well. Had no idea he was bringing her. I was super glad to see it

I'd say of the 60 or more I saw, 20 - 25 were 12 thru 22 years old

Last edited:

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
I realize I didn't really phrase my post well. Kind of dancing around the actual concern.

I don't mean personal danger from COVID. I'm thinking more in terms of culture clash. Do MS Gulf Coast folks tolerate others wearing masks indoors, or might there be some hostility? And I don't mean the one-off jerk ... thinking about whether mask harrassment is common and socially-sanctioned over there.

I am thinking "No, of course it's not like that! Don't be silly!". But I didn't want to assume that and go in blind.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I realize I didn't really phrase my post well. Kind of dancing around the actual concern.

I don't mean personal danger from COVID. I'm thinking more in terms of culture clash. Do MS Gulf Coast folks tolerate others wearing masks indoors, or might there be some hostility? And I don't mean the one-off jerk ... thinking about whether mask harrassment is common and socially-sanctioned over there.

I am thinking "No, of course it's not like that! Don't be silly!". But I didn't want to assume that and go in blind.
Just wear the masks if you want. If people give you grief, call them Covid-bait. :)

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score

I have masked where many people are not masking and I have never gotten grief from anyone about it.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There were 48 chairs set up... Every one was taken and we stood in a line of abt 20. At 9

Just left and still had abt 20 getting shots.

As to trend... I'll tell u this. My buddy who was not big on vaccine... Ran into him and daughter as well. Had no idea he was bringing her. I was super glad to see it

I'd say of the 60 or more I saw, 20 - 25 were 12 thru 22 years old
Not much showing on the national data. But the slow down stopped.

Screenshot_20210722-120459_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210722-120402_Samsung Internet.jpg

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Man ... I hope a whole lot more of this gets going.

I have to say i was pleasantly surprised to see a) the amount of people at 9 am waiting for shots and b) the amount of parents accompanying their kids to get vaccinated.

I think the Delta variant and its explosion has caused many to rethink their stance - not necessarily "advertising" it, but getting it done. For that, im glad.

He even got and we have played tennis no less than 20 times in the last month and he NEVER ONCE said " oh by the way i got vaccinated" because well....;) - when i asked why he said he wanted to avoid the "5 day quarantine" when he goes offshore.

Well good. lol. IF thats what it takes, im all for it. He said his company isnt "requiring" but reminding guys, if you dont you get to sit in hotel for 5 days, on your dime.

well done big oil. lol.

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
While we're here ...

@faceman I didn't realize you were in OS, too. I'm in Gulf Park Estates.

Anyway, @Doug B, you will absolutely be the only person masked in OS.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
@faceman I didn't realize you were in OS, too. I'm in Gulf Park Estates.

Anyway, @Doug B, you will absolutely be the only person masked in OS.
I'm actually in Woolmarket kown as North Biloxi. I apologize for responded late. I had to leave for work. You are right. My experience in the places I've visited recently, no one was wearing a mask. I'm fully vaccinated and have no worries NOW. If I were Doug B. I'd wear a mask if going to indoor gatherings

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just wear the masks if you want. If people give you grief, call them Covid-bait. :)
If you look blankly through a person like you don't hear them or don't see them, it throws them off. They wonder for a second if they're invisible or if you're blind.

It takes practice but you can get really good at it. It's like reverse miming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom