COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (22 Viewers)

Although my county only has about a 35% vaccination rate, I dropped the mask requirement for people who claim to be fully vaccinated.
I have a sign on the front door that asks non-vaccinated patients to please wear a mask out of consideration to others.
My employees and I still wear a mask most of the time but will convert to chin diapers if the patient claims to be vaccinated or if we are around just ourselves.

Although my county only has about a 35% vaccination rate, I dropped the mask requirement for people who claim to be fully vaccinated.
I have a sign on the front door that asks non-vaccinated patients to please wear a mask out of consideration to others.
My employees and I still wear a mask most of the time but will convert to chin diapers if the patient claims to be vaccinated or if we are around just ourselves.
You still can't trust people though. There are some out there who will claim to be fully vaccinated in order not to wear a mask. I took my wife and I's card to the hospital yesterday to prove we both were. We can't predict the future, but those cards might become mandantory to enter certain places.

Edit- Once you provided written proof of immunization, the hospital put a sticker on your shirt allowing you to go maskless. If you couldn't, you had to wear a mask. They weren't taking anyones word without proof.

Last edited:
You still can't trust people though. There are some out there who will claim to be fully vaccinated in order not to wear a mask. I took my wife and I's card to the hospital yesterday to prove we both were. We can't predict the future, but those cards might become mandantory to enter certain places.

Edit- Once you provided written proof of immunization, the hospital put a sticker on your shirt allowing you to go maskless. If you couldn't, you had to wear a mask. They weren't taking anyones word without proof.

people are making and selling fake vaccination cards

people are making and selling fake vaccination cards
People have been faking cards and making reproductions of valuable items since the beginning of time. I've been binge watching pawn stars on the history channel the last few weeks. Baseball cards, Flintlock pistols, and Colt revolvers seem to be the most common. Some are so well made it takes an expert in the field to tell the difference. I'm not shocked at all someone will forge vaccination cards. Sadly, the market is out there now.

So are we allowed to discuss the 900+ emails released today that were sent to and sent by Dr Fauci? Just wanted to make sure before posting.

The latest update. California leading the way.

Attachments

• 195772470_10159199207021026_722368387401564678_n.png
    195772470_10159199207021026_722368387401564678_n.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 15
Well, you'd think they all got vaccinated. If not, may be their own fault.

Most people can walk into a grocery store with a pharmacy, or most any pharmacy and get a vaccination now. If they choose not to do so, then whatever happens to them or their loved ones, is on them. Recent news from the CDC says that fully vaccination people are less likely to spread the virus anyway. Me and mine are all vaccinated and have been fully for almost 2 months. Avoidance is not a concern for us anymore. I'll still wear the mask in any business that requires it, but in absence of that requirement, I'm not wearing it, nor are we limiting the things we do in public. But I understand and respect other's decisions to live their lives as they see fit. But avoidance and doing what most of us have been doing over the past year is over for us. The vaccine's are plentiful, convenient and free.

Don't forget there are still people who can't get vaccinated due to age and for various health reasons. Reaching herd immunity faster versus eventually would save so many more lives and help prevent the possibility of creating variants that are resistant to the vaccine. IMO, we're begging for a strain that's more harmful to children.

Don't forget there are still people who can't get vaccinated due to age and for various health reasons. Reaching herd immunity faster versus eventually would save so many more lives and help prevent the possibility of creating variants that are resistant to the vaccine. IMO, we're begging for a strain that's more harmful to children.

its the possibility of variants I’m most worried about

a strain that the vaccine is ineffective again (basically putting us at square one)

a strain that the vaccine does protect from but is even more contagious and deadly for unvaccinated

a strain that’s deadly for kids

a strain that the vaccine is ineffective again (basically putting us at square one)

a strain that the vaccine does protect from but is even more contagious and deadly for unvaccinated

Right. That's why its callous for anyone to suggest that the eventuality of herd immunity is okay. We should be, and many states are doing it, pushing for more people to get vaccinated sooner.

I share the same concerns. We don't know if Covid will die out,or become like the Flu which requires a yearly booster. If it's the latter, I believe we are in trouble.

I share the same concerns. We don't know if Covid will die out,or become like the Flu which requires a yearly booster. If it's the latter, I believe we are in trouble.

Flu vaccines aren't quite a booster though the immune protection from the flu vaccine wanes over time. The most prominent reason for annual flu shots is because the flu virus is constantly changing. So every year the vaccine is a new formulation that accounts for the strains scientists think will be most prominent that year. THIS is why vaccination against COVID is so important now. We need to slow down these variations while the current vaccine appears to remain effective against them.

Year in which the flu vaccine doesn't appear to be as effective as other years, isn't because the vaccine isn't working. To speak in general broad terms that should never be used in science but are appropriate for a football forum, It's because flu variations that scientist thought would not become one of the most prominent that season actually do. And that can happen any number of ways given international travel, unhygienic partying young adults and playground friendly toddlers. It happens. Some times there's a "bad flu" going around. It's not a coincidence or happenstance, we know how it occurs.

We don't want this to happen, because COVID is more contagious and more deadly than flu. But this is what viruses do and we have no reason to think COVID won't because we're over it or Mississippi is not densely populated or any other excuse that doesn't rely on scientific evidence.

Flu vaccines aren't quite a booster though the immune protection from the flu vaccine wanes over time. The most prominent reason for annual flu shots is because the flu virus is constantly changing. So every year the vaccine is a new formulation that accounts for the strains scientists think will be most prominent that year. THIS is why vaccination against COVID is so important now. We need to slow down these variations while the current vaccine appears to remain effective against them.

Year in which the flu vaccine doesn't appear to be as effective as other years, isn't because the vaccine isn't working. To speak in general broad terms that should never be used in science but are appropriate for a football forum, It's because flu variations that scientist thought would not become one of the most prominent that season actually do. And that can happen any number of ways given international travel, unhygienic partying young adults and playground friendly toddlers. It happens. Some times there's a "bad flu" going around. It's not a coincidence or happenstance, we know how it occurs.

We don't want this to happen, because COVID is more contagious and more deadly than flu. But this is what viruses do and we have no reason to think COVID won't because we're over it or Mississippi is not densely populated or any other excuse that doesn't rely on scientific evidence.
I should have used better wording. Writing is not one of my greater skills :). The tetanus shot is a good example of a booster. It needs to be given every ten years. I switched Doctors 3 years ago. The first question she asked was when was the last time I had a tetanus shot. I told her right after Katrina. There was a location giving them for free. She said you're due. I said go ahead. I'm good on tetanus for 7 more years :)

Agree, but my answer was specific to teachers safety. I really doubt there are a high number that have a real medical concern to not get vaccinated. And age isn't a factor for them.

For a school, especially a grade school, there won't be local 'herd immunity', so they need to protect themselves. However, in the overall community, we should definitely still be pushing for that. It may or may not happen, but States and the Federal gov't obviously need to make that push. They have a compelling interest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom