COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

Lambda, come on down. You're the next contestant on the Price is Right!

Lambda, come on down. You're the next contestant on the Price is Right!

It doesn't look like it will out compete Delta. Only place it ever really gained a foothold was Peru where it likely originated.

It doesn't look like it will out compete Delta. Only place it ever really gained a foothold was Peru where it likely originated.
And that is fine. I hope that Delta is the worst we ever have to deal with. It seems to be plenty on its own.

My uncle just got it and he's fully vaccinated.

I'm starting to think breakthroughs are way more common than we're being led to believe. It's tough to tell because the CDC stopped tracking non severe breakthroughs.. But as long as protection against serious illness and death remain sufficient I guess we'll just have to deal.

I'm starting to think breakthroughs are way more common than we're being led to believe. It's tough to tell because the CDC stopped tracking non severe breakthroughs.. But as long as protection against serious illness and death remain sufficient I guess we'll just have to deal.
Sure is looking that way, and the CDC appears to be digging their heels in on their decision to remove the mask mandate for vaccinated people. I hope they will admit their mistake soon, but I'm not counting on it.

How to interpret these data​

The number of COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infections reported to CDC likely are an undercount of all SARS-CoV-2 infections among fully vaccinated persons. National surveillance relies on passive and voluntary reporting, and data might not be complete or representative. These surveillance data are a snapshot and help identify patterns and look for signals among vaccine breakthrough cases.

Data on patients with vaccine breakthrough infection who were hospitalized or died will be updated regularly. Studies are being conducted in multiple U.S. sites that will include information on all vaccine breakthrough infections regardless of clinical status to supplement the national surveillance.

COVID-19 vaccines are effective​

• Vaccine breakthrough cases occur in only a small percentage of vaccinated people. To date, no unexpected patterns have been identified in the case demographics or vaccine characteristics among people with reported vaccine breakthrough infections.
  • COVID-19 vaccines are effective. CDC recommends that everyone 12 years of age and older get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they can.
  • People who have been fully vaccinated can resume activities that they did prior to the pandemic.

I'm going to laugh when we get put back under a mask mandate and all of the fall festivals are cancelled and we have yet another restricted football season because people refuse to get vaccinated. That press conference Bel Edwards had last Friday? That was him begging people to get vaccinated because he doesn't want to have to regress and order a new mask mandate.

This sucks.

I'm going to laugh when we get put back under a mask mandate and all of the fall festivals are cancelled and we have yet another restricted football season because people refuse to get vaccinated. That press conference Bel Edwards had last Friday? That was him begging people to get vaccinated because he doesn't want to have to regress and order a new mask mandate.
At this rate kiss Mardi gras goodbye..
Another surge should be around by then. Wake up folks. The shot can help.

I mentioned it on the vaccine thread, but I had two coworkers just test positive on Monday night/Tuesday morning. Both were fully vaccinated. One moderna, one pfizer.

I mentioned it on the vaccine thread, but I had two coworkers just test positive on Monday night/Tuesday morning. Both were fully vaccinated. One moderna, one pfizer.
This isn't shocking. Without herd immunity, there is just too much virus being passed around to let the odds stamp it out. When you have a 10% chance of catching it and interact with a lot of unvaccinated people, that 10% becomes more significant.

What would be shocking is if they have a really rough time with it and end up in the hospital or worse. That's the main point of the Vaccine. Preventing bad outcomes.

There is a bit of a false sense of security with being vaccinated.

Having air bags doesn't prevent car accidents. It prevents a lot of deaths. And they don't prevent all deaths.

Unfortunately I feel that the narrative for the un-vaxxed seeing the vaxxed testing positive will be, "see it doesn't work". If anyone believed the vax would keep them from being infected, then they didn't understand how vaccinations work to begin with. I still feel safe and confident after being vaxxed, knowing my chances of severe illness is extremely low. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if I had an antibody test that came back positive for Covid. I've been maskless since May except for places that required it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom