COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (13 Viewers)

LSUHSC will require faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated or get quickly PCR test on campus as of 9/1. Probably the first public university in LA to do so.
It still amazes me how hospitals (and I'm including LSUHSC since they run the state ones) are so late to the ballgame. As soon as we got word from the state that we were going to be getting doses when they became available in January, my CEO and I got with the CMO and was like, "we're mandating this for everyone, clinical and administrative. You on board?"

"Yep."

Legal, how this policy look?

"Roll with it."

By mid-February, we had 100% fully vaccinated with only 4 people resigning. It's not rocket science.

Personally, I think it's hypocritical for a healthcare worker to be giving doses to patients when they willfully refuse to do so themselves.

It still amazes me how hospitals (and I'm including LSUHSC since they run the state ones) are so late to the ballgame. As soon as we got word from the state that we were going to be getting doses when they became available in January, my CEO and I got with the CMO and was like, "we're mandating this for everyone, clinical and administrative. You on board?"

"Yep."

Legal, how this policy look?

"Roll with it."

By mid-February, we had 100% fully vaccinated with only 4 people resigning. It's not rocket science.

Personally, I think it's hypocritical for a healthcare worker to be giving doses to patients when they willfully refuse to do so themselves.
In the case of LSUHSC and public universities, I think it has more to do with the state than the legality of it. They get the majority of their funding from the state.

Yeah freedom for everyone.

tumblr_aa3f6681893e347ef4066a10e9a3139e_20950abd_1280.jpg
Indeed! Nailed it!
Lack of concern for others is the real issue right now.
When it affects other people, duty is more important than rights.

Organized and put on by Turning Point USA.

Jonathan Koppel was the speaker... He was fired for his issues regarding gender identification. He was a Spanish teacher.
Now coined himself #braveteacher and is looking for support.

It was more a Republican rally and fund raising event in the end. He wants to break into making money. No better way than to find a hot button issue, speak out loud and generate an income stream.

Last edited:
They've turned freedom into an ugly-sounding word. They make everything more ugly.

These weak arsed, pillow-soft wackos have hijacked that word and are using it against doctors and politicians who (for reasons unbeknownst to me) want to keep them alive.

I wish I could teleport them to Afghanistan for a week and give them a hands-on, immersive experience in a true lack of freedom.

They need an education.

Indeed! Nailed it!
Lack of concern for others is the real issue right now.
When it affects other people, duty is more important than rights.
Looking at the crowd, it looks like they are mostly younger people. Your mention of duty got me wondering about this generation and whether or not they were raised with a sense of duty and doing what's right. Clearly, that priority was put on the backburner. I don't think they have much of a sense of duty. Wouldn't they be the "participation trophy" generation where it's all about them all the time? I could be talking out of my mind, as my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Looking at the crowd, it looks like they are mostly younger people. Your mention of duty got me wondering about this generation and whether or not they were raised with a sense of duty and doing what's right. Clearly, that priority was put on the backburner. I don't think they have much of a sense of duty. Wouldn't they be the "participation trophy" generation where it's all about them all the time? I could be talking out of my mind, as my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
True, the young folks are tired of this pandemic and want to resume the lives that young people want/expect to enjoy.
But this is far from a young people issue. There are a LOT of 'not-so-young' citizens who are demanding the life they once knew even if it takes people down in the process.

The fact is that the authorities will never get control of this pandemic for as long as some see 'authority' as a dirty word.
If the virus doesn't naturally fade away before everyone succumbs to it, don't expect that enough folks will get onboard to put up a genuine fight.
There is far too much selfishness & propaganda these days, and this country (for one) will never get on the same page about anything anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom