COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (14 Viewers)

A good interview from 2 months ago. Even then, Dr. Faucci wasn't ready to say mission accomplished.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — There are plenty of places to turn for accurate information about COVID-19. Your physician. Local health departments. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control.

But not, perhaps, your local government’s public comment session.

During a meeting of the St. Louis County Council earlier this month, opponents of a possible mask mandate made so many misleading comments about masks, vaccines and COVID-19 that YouTube removed the video for violating its policies against false claims about the virus.

“I hope no one is making any medical decisions based on what they hear at our public forums,” said County Councilwoman Lisa Clancy, who supports mask wearing and said she believes most of her constituents do too. The video was restored, but Clancy’s worries about the impact of that misinformation remain.

Videos of local government meetings have emerged as the latest vector of COVID-19 misinformation, broadcasting misleading claims about masks and vaccines to millions and creating new challenges for internet platforms trying to balance the potential harm against the need for government openness.

The latest video to go viral features a local physician who made several misleading claims about COVID-19 while addressing the Mount Vernon Community School Corporation in Fortville, Indiana, on Aug. 6. In his 6-minute remarks, Dr. Dan Stock tells the board that masks don’t work, vaccines don’t prevent infection, and state and federal health officials don’t follow the science.

The video has amassed tens of millions of online views, and prompted the Indiana State Department of Health to push back. Stock did not return multiple messages seeking comment.

“Here comes a doctor in suspenders who goes in front of the school board and basically says what some people are thinking: the masks are B.S., vaccines don’t work and the CDC is lying — it can be very compelling to laypeople,” said Dr. Zubin Damania, a California physician who received so many messages about the Indiana clip that he created his own video debunking Stock’s claims……..

They've turned freedom into an ugly-sounding word. They make everything more ugly.

These weak arsed, pillow-soft wackos have hijacked that word and are using it against doctors and politicians who (for reasons unbeknownst to me) want to keep them alive.

I wish I could teleport them to Afghanistan for a week and give them a hands-on, immersive experience in a true lack of freedom.

They need an education.
Agree. They are what they are

My dad lives about a football field’s distance away, or less, from the gazebo in that video…. He’s a rarity in Mandeville, La- a smart guy who believes in science over facebook, and got vaxxed as soon as he could.. but i was half expecting to see some other family of mine, who live in the area, at that rally…. This is where we are, America…. If only the virus were neat and clean enough to only kill the people like those in the video, it’d be sad, but would be only becuase of their own ignorance and choices.. Unfortunately, we all know that before it’s said and done, the virus will also take people who are immunocompromised, kids too young to get vaxxed, etc… Sad times indeed.

If they take their signs down and ignore compliance, boycott them and make em close their doors forever.

Update.

1629058144943.png

1629058199079.png

1629058263007.png

Hospitalization's per capita.

1629058331486.png

Looks like Missouri is past the peak, and hospitalizations are about to peak. Deaths likely to keep increasing.

1629058406972.png

Louisiana looks to be near peaking.

1629058476552.png

Alabama. One note, deaths are just starting to come up, and it is at 20/day. Louisiana is at 44/day, but the spike looks higher. I expect Alabama to have a significantly higher number, if things play out how I think they will.

1629058594469.png

Florida..

1629058754443.png

SC

1629058803675.png

1629059560061.png

Looking at the crowd, it looks like they are mostly younger people. Your mention of duty got me wondering about this generation and whether or not they were raised with a sense of duty and doing what's right. Clearly, that priority was put on the backburner. I don't think they have much of a sense of duty. Wouldn't they be the "participation trophy" generation where it's all about them all the time? I could be talking out of my mind, as my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

You mean Boomers? The ones who coined the term the "Me Generation"?
The ones who systematically destroyed everything that made their trip up the ladder easier, then destroyed the ladder?
That generation?
I completely agree.

I just can't wait until the FDA approved for all ages. Then we can start to see Darwinism at work.
Let's face it... for most of these resistors it's not about FDA approval.

They're just afraid of needles.

The ones who systematically destroyed everything that made their trip up the ladder easier, then destroyed the ladder?
That generation?
I completely agree.
Old school mentality is why some people couldn't treat this virus seriously.

That generation?
I completely agree.
Screenshot_20210716-203516_Reddit.jpg

Old school mentality is why some people couldn't treat this virus seriously.
Not sure that’s true. “Old school mentality” had a LOT more faith in government institutions. Something different is going on here.

I suspect it has something to do with the confluence of social media and changing economics and demographics which are making people feel like they have less control over their lives than they used to. Haven’t fully formed the theory yet but I do think it’s something new and actively developing.

Not sure that’s true. “Old school mentality” had a LOT more faith in government institutions. Something different is going on here.

I suspect it has something to do with the confluence of social media and changing economics and demographics which are making people feel like they have less control over their lives than they used to. Haven’t fully formed the theory yet but I do think it’s something new and actively developing.
The advent of the internet has made people think they are smarter than they really are.

The advent of the internet has made people think they are smarter than they really are.

It absolutely did. Everyone became convinced they were an expert when the reality is information without context is messy at best and incredibly dangerous at worst. Then you throw logs of misinformation and echo chambers onto that bonfire and you get the mess we've got now.

People may not be all that different now than in the past, but there are unimaginably powerful communication tools guiding and influencing behavior that have never existed at any point in human history. And we're seeing the fallout of that.

Let's refocus a bit here folks. While it is related, let's keep the discussion more around info, not a broad analysis of society's ills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom