COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (22 Viewers)

Something I have been pondering: Would cremating the bodies help with containment?

1) Would the heat be enough to kill the virus?
2) How many people are around the body during embalming vs. cremation?
3) Would the lack of viewings (I'm Catholic) help contain it?

Something I have been pondering: Would cremating the bodies help with containment?

Since it's mostly spread by breathing and coughing and dead people do neither, I think the usual precautions plus maybe N95 masks will suffice.

Since it's mostly spread by breathing and coughing and dead people do neither, I think the usual precautions plus maybe N95 masks will suffice.
I read on social media that covid can re-animate corpses so that it can spread easier. I'm sure it's true, too. The interwebz don't lie.

My understanding is that dead bodies absolutely cannot spread COVID. Even if you were involved with funereal work, autopsies, etc. where you had to handle organs and such.

Generally, COVID is not a "touching" disease -- it's a "breathing" disease.

4 schools in Hancock Co. Ms. alone. I would assume Hancock General Hospital is overwhelmed .
Not just MS

The Texas Supreme Court has ruled in favor of the governor. The counties that went against his EO and mandated masks in public spaces, including schools, dont have the authority to do this. So students, teachers and staff don’t have to wear masks. I‘m sure everything will be fine. 😳

If they take their signs down and ignore compliance, boycott them and make em close their doors forever.
Yeah, gee that sounds a great "owning anti-vazzers" argument until one realizes that when people boycott numerous businesses for non-compliance on mask mandates or CDC social distancing guidelines until they go.under, they fail to realize their hurting a lot of local businesses who depend upon them for work, or supply-side industries, your hurting your local economy by coming across as a vindictive prick. Maybe if this were bigger cities, the impact wouldn't be as significantly harmful, or damaging but in smaller towns and cities, the overall impact will be felt more broadly and it will forking hurt a lot more people and a lot more arses will sting.

Compared to its other socio-political, economic alternatives, Eeyore, and the seemingly never-ending quest by Marxist intellectuals, revolutionaries, anarchists, to create the perfect, pure Marxist anarcho-communist society and the hundreds of millions of people murdered, raped, ethnically cleansed, forcibly relocated, capitalism at its best or worst is nowhere near as disastrous or destructive as its idealogical alternatives or opposites.
Saint Ward asked us to chill on this so I’m not allowed to point out that you’re wrong here

The Texas Supreme Court has ruled in favor of the governor. The counties that went against his EO and mandated masks in public spaces, including schools, dont have the authority to do this. So students, teachers and staff don’t have to wear masks. I‘m sure everything will be fine. 😳
This needs to go to SCOTUS, but I'm not sure that will happen unless the FDA gets involved.

Tell me one thing I said above in my reply post about Marxist-Leninist or failed Communist states or regimes that didn't happen or wasnt true? I mean, as an historian, I can go into great specific detail about how disastrous, incredibly incompetent state central-planned economies that announced unrealistic, absurd 5-year plans that were mostly never achieved, plant managers lied repeatedly about how much their production levels met their “quotas”.

Or Mao’s disastrous “Great Leap Forward” attempts to collectivize agricultural production, and how it killed 20-30 million people, as a result.

What does any of this have to do with Covid? Stay on topic.

Tell me one thing I said above in my reply post about Marxist-Leninist or failed Communist states or regimes that didn't happen or wasnt true? I mean, as an historian, I can go into great specific detail about how disastrous, incredibly incompetent state central-planned economies that announced unrealistic, absurd 5-year plans that were mostly never achieved, plant managers lied repeatedly about how much their production levels met their “quotas”.

Or Mao’s disastrous “Great Leap Forward” attempts to collectivize agricultural production, and how it killed 20-30 million people, as a result.
This goes too far over the line. Let it go.

Back on topic…
My next door neighbors extended family has been vaccination hesitant. The lady is in her late 70’s and her two sisters are both in their 70’s as well. They all finally got vaccinated and their children did as well. Except one. Her nephew wouldn’t get it but his son did. The nephew was starting to come around to the idea because his son had no apparent ill effects from his shots. Well, the nephew waited too long. He died Friday morning from COVID. My understanding is he went from feeling bad to dead in 5 days. I didn’t press for details.

What does any of this have to do with Covid? Stay on topic.
Understood, Andrus and Staph. I deleted the aforementioned reply posts I wrote earlier. You're both right, my posts weren't relevant nor related to discussing combating Covid-19 and the now, deadlier, more contagious Delta variant in certain areas of this country.

I just found it hard to resist or not say/respond when I saw the political cartoon Eeyore posted up attacking capitalism and I felt a more nuanced, contextual deeper response was necessary or required. I should've just kept it to myself and let well enough alone.

Had a manager come down with Covid at work. It started with his wife, at which point he quarantined. A couple of days later his symptoms kicked in. Neither fully vaccinated. Thankfully, both seem to be mild thus far. He is really consistent about masking in the public/shared areas which I think was critical. Thus far, I have been asymptomatic. I (both jabs) had a quick test done yesterday that came back negative. Another coworker (no jabs) is getting tested today, also asymptomatic.

Our common area is poorly ventilated and often occupied. We'd been pretty proactive with masking of late, especially him (prior to his wife feeling ill). Odds are, If he'd been lax, we'd be in a world of hurt with more people awaiting results.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom