COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (19 Viewers)

Last night I did my weekly call with Mom. She told me she’s waiting for COVID test results. It certainly sounds like she‘s got it. I’m kinda ticked at her because she didn’t tell anyone, even though she’s had symptoms for two days. My sisters (one is an RN, the other a Paramedic) jumped into action after I passed that info to them.

Fortunately, Mom has the Moderna vaccine. However she has A LOT of other health issues. She already lives on an oxygen bottle as it is. It’s gonna be a crap week.

I get the extended stay and medical procedures done...but $3 million is just stupid, don't care what they did.

Last edited:

Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves also doubled down on his passive response to the CDC's latest mask guidance during a press conference just a day before Robinson's death. "I don't have any intention of issuing a statewide mask mandate for any category of Mississippians at this time.

We are dealing with an idiot Governor in Ms. as well.

Pediatric Covid admissions on a new daily average record high (7-day rolling) of 276. We eclipsed the previous high (237) last week and now we're up 16% from that mark in just a few days.

I get the extended stay and medical procedures done...but $3 million is just stupid, don't care that they did.
It depends for me. If they person willfully refused to take the vaccine when they're eligible to, send them for whatever insurance doesn't cover.

I've been waiting 3 long weeks for this day. Finally, the 2nd shot is in the arms of my two kids. Now, the last 2 week leg of this race is ahead. Been trying like he'll to keep them as safe as possible with school starting a couple weeks ago.

It depends for me. If they person willfully refused to take the vaccine when they're eligible to, send them for whatever insurance doesn't cover.

An irony here is that Covid hospitalization billing will be paid through a combination of (1) higher premiums across the health insurance landscape, (2) hospital write-offs, and (3) various forms of government reimbursement.

Many in the "vaccine-hesitant" demographic are populist "conservatives" who identify as strongly against forms of socialized payments and government-sourced financial assistance.

I've been waiting 3 long weeks for this day. Finally, the 2nd shot is in the arms of my two kids. Now, the last 2 week leg of this race is ahead. Been trying like he'll to keep them as safe as possible with school starting a couple weeks ago.

Congrats, I'm sure it's a relief.

Mine are below the vaccination age and the effort of trying to keep them safe is just exhausting this far into the pandemic. I know that incidence of severe disease in children is still very low, but hundreds of families every day in the US go through the awful process of having their child admitted to the hospital with Covid and a percentage of infections will have longer-term impact. I don't think it can be completely avoided but I think risk can be substantially reduced with vigilance and being committed to avoiding unnecessary exposure. So that's where we're (still) at - trying to have as normal lives as we can but making the safer choice. Kids don't go to the store with us. We don't eat out indoors and wear masks when we need to go inside places. We sometimes meet up with other people but the circle is pretty small and the activity is always outdoors. It's exhausting but I know that some families with special needs and other situations have to live like that always, so just trying to be aware of our blessings and staying patient.

I agree...but $3 million? That's over $20k/day. That's absurd, and entirely unreasonable, regardless of vaccination status.

One more to go- my 12 year old gets 2nd Sat - oldest got her 2nd Friday.

Oldest is keenly aware she has 10 - 14 days left before full protection, but she is insanely careful and has ZERO issue wearing a mask among anyone NOT wearing mask and gives ZERO sheets what others think of her.

I agree...but $3 million? That's over $20k/day. That's absurd, and entirely unreasonable, regardless of vaccination status.

They are paying nurses $6k+ a week right now. Added all the other inflated costs... I can see it.

Uh, no, nurses aren't making $300k+ per year.

no not per year...but some locales are paying up to that amount for "out of state' to help with surge.

My wifes close cousin went to NYC in 2020 during their surge....she was there for a 30 day clip. $40,000 ( that includes cost of room/board) so she ended up w like $32,000 made in that 30 days.

She had every intention of doing 2-3 of them. BEFORE she left. Upon return- never again. It was that stressful and disheartening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom