COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (13 Viewers)

3 weeks ago i spilt my head just above my eyebrow. Didnt think i needed stitches til it wouldnt close/stop bleeding even w/ butterfly.

We to first UC- wait time was 3 hours- 12 ahead all looking for Covid test- all sitting or standing in waiting room that was MAYBE 20 ft x 15 ft. I was like ok see ya.

next one- 45 min wait. But I was one of only 3 in waiting room. Within 20 min, about 8 walk ins for covid test....i gave the receiptionst my number and said call me ill be in my car.

They did. Didnt get stitched - got dermabonded. Was not too keen on stitching- until the Dermabond got into cut. I thought my skin was on fire. It was so close to my eyebrow, that they ended up dermabonding my cut AND EYEBROW.

Now i have an eyebrow half the density of other after pulling that liquid cement out my eyebrow. :loopy:
I was actually hoping for dermabond, just something so the wife would know our son is okay. The gorilla glue I put on it at home seems to be doing the trick though ;).

The weekend's number for Louisiana... ugh.

1629134030180.png
This does look like plateau-ish phase may be starting. New cases last Monday was over 16,000. Hospitalizations has stopped growing at a rate of 100+ per day, down to about 15 or so a day. 65 deaths over 3 days is less than the 40+ per day we saw last week. Of course schools only started last week, so we've yet to see what kind of impact that will have over the next several weeks.

This does look like plateau-ish phase may be starting. New cases last Monday was over 16,000. Hospitalizations has stopped growing at a rate of 100+ per day, down to about 15 or so a day. 65 deaths over 3 days is less than the 40+ per day we saw last week. Of course schools only started last week, so we've yet to see what kind of impact that will have over the next several weeks.

i hope ur right...

Is it just me, or do we always seem to have “less” deaths during the weekend. Seems to be like that most weeks. Obviously, statistically it’s not possible, but seems weird to me either way.

it simply doesnt matter to them.

Individually- they are fine. They have either avoided or contracted, had mild case, which further cemented their beliefs, and think that they are on a different level than those "fearful" of COVID. They believe showing "fear" is some sort of undesirable trait.

Let it be known as well that the 350 or so that showed up to the Lakefront came from as far as Baton Rouge. So it wasnt ALL Mandeville/Covington folks.

( and tbh- you cant PAY Covington folks to ride to Mandeville Lakefront on a Sat afternoon unless free beer/spirits and food are involved ;) )

And I just found out that 2 close associates both have tested positive. Close. But they are the epitome of anti-mask/mandates etc. I found out thru back channels because neither are "telling folks about it". Just havent seen either in over a week or so. Now i know why.

Is it just me, or do we always seem to have “less” deaths during the weekend. Seems to be like that most weeks. Obviously, statistically it’s not possible, but seems weird to me either way.
I think that's a reporting anomaly. If you look on the LA dept of health website, it says that as reports come in, recent days will show more deaths.

1629137941928.png

Just looking at today's new Louisiana numbers....

The 7-day rolling average is down to 3669. The high came last Thursday at 4232. It probably won't be until middle of this week that we get to see where things really stand, but it does look like we're at least leveling out now. Hospitalizations are up, but not nearly at the rate they were going up in the last week / week and a half. By the end of this week, we should have a pretty good bead on the direction for this wave.

Just looking at today's new Louisiana numbers....

The 7-day rolling average is down to 3669. The high came last Thursday at 4232. It probably won't be until middle of this week that we get to see where things really stand, but it does look like we're at least leveling out now. Hospitalizations are up, but not nearly at the rate they were going up in the last week / week and a half. By the end of this week, we should have a pretty good bead on the direction for this wave.
Unless school starting is going to cause this round to have a double peak.

Unless school starting is going to cause this round to have a double peak.
Certainly a possibility. I did also notice that there's been quite the increase in vaccine initiation. We're getting closer to 50% getting their first shot.

Forgot to mention earlier this morning....

When I brought the kids to the health unit to get their 2nd shot, the National Guard was doing the shots inside and testing outside. They had a little tent set up in the shade outside for those needing testing. We went inside and were the only ones there for shots. In and out in about 20 minutes total. The parking lot was full for testing. I heard one of the National Guard guys tell another one, "There's about 30 or 40 people waiting outside for testing right now." That was at 8:45 am.

Forgot to mention earlier this morning....

When I brought the kids to the health unit to get their 2nd shot, the National Guard was doing the shots inside and testing outside. They had a little tent set up in the shade outside for those needing testing. We went inside and were the only ones there for shots. In and out in about 20 minutes total. The parking lot was full for testing. I heard one of the National Guard guys tell another one, "There's about 30 or 40 people waiting outside for testing right now." That was at 8:45 am.
I know we discussed something about what ins. co. are going to do about covering the cost of the unvaccinated (by choice) in one of these threads. But, here is another idea. Stop giving out free tests to the unvaccinated. They are just getting tested because it's an either/or requirement. Make them pay for the test and only give out free tests to the vaccinated and those that have a medical excuse to not be vaccinated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom