COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (10 Viewers)

An irony here is that Covid hospitalization billing will be paid through a combination of (1) higher premiums across the health insurance landscape, (2) hospital write-offs, and (3) various forms of government reimbursement.

Many in the "vaccine-hesitant" demographic are populist "conservatives" who identify as strongly against forms of socialized payments and government-sourced financial assistance.
Only when it's other people.

I know we discussed something about what ins. co. are going to do about covering the cost of the unvaccinated (by choice) in one of these threads. But, here is another idea. Stop giving out free tests to the unvaccinated. They are just getting tested because it's an either/or requirement. Make them pay for the test and only give out free tests to the vaccinated and those that have a medical excuse to not be vaccinated.
No, then we will totally lose.

Businesses who are trying to be responsible rely on readily available testing to prevent outbreaks at work.

Testing free, vaccination free.

I agree...but $3 million? That's over $20k/day. That's absurd, and entirely unreasonable, regardless of vaccination status.
That's the cash price. Insurance rate or Medicare rate would be like 5-10% of that, or lower.

No, then we will totally lose.

Businesses who are trying to be responsible rely on readily available testing to prevent outbreaks at work.

Testing free, vaccination free.
If I had to pay $20 a pop twice a week just to be able to work or be fired, I would go get the shot. But, I'm vaccinated, so I don't have their mindset. Maybe they would rather draw unemployment than get the shot.

The system is severely flawed right now and my disdain is with urgent cares or freestanding ED’s that someone thought was a good idea. Besides project managing implementations in hospitals, I get a handful of urgent cares or freestanding ED’s to help even the load of the PM’s who manage those and they are always a poop show, and I refuse to use them unless my hands are tied.

This weekend my 18 year old slices the side of his index finger to the finger nail. We hit the urgent care bright and early before the Covid surge hits. We get there first and then the influx hits, I register him and the next 10 ppl walk up to be tested behind us, 1 out of the 10 was for a physical. I scope an isolated space away from everyone with 2 chairs, everything else is shoulder to shoulder no separation. Mindful all have symptoms, I could hear the conversations and visible signs. The one person for a physical, right in the middle, no precautions.

These places are majority staffed with MA’s, a NP or PA with no direct supervision of a MD only someone at HQ whom probably owns the urgent care. I cannot go to the back with him because of Covid BUT I can sit with all the Covid patients in the WR. I pitched my argument just because he turned 18 two weeks ago doesn’t mean he can fly with medical decisions. They said I was “lucky” to be able to sit in the WR and I said no I will be outside, call me. I text my son to not leave until they talk to me, the NP gets me and says he doesn’t want to touch it, he needs X-rays and go to an ER, he might have hit a bone, despite if you visibly look, you can obviously see he did not hit a bone. I said you and me both know I can’t get an in ER with this, the least you can do is eprescribe some antibiotics. The NP obliged and said again the ER should see this because of the possibility of hitting a bone, I just looked at him.

if you pass by the local hospital you will see a line outside at the ER, I had text a contact as I worked at that hospital 15 years ago and asked what is the triage process and am I getting in, they said nope they will tell you to got to an urgent care, which I already knew would be the answer.

These places are horrible, as I said I work with them on occasion and everything from ownership to the staff is always a disaster and to go for one for medical care good luck. To send the message that symptomatic Covid people can sit in general population and not isolate is wrong and is what is wrong with this whole pandemic from the positive Covid people in the general public to some of the medical establishments that are here to help promoting the spread.
The urgent cares I like to use all have an x ray in house.

If I had to pay $20 a pop twice a week just to be able to work or be fired, I would go get the shot. But, I'm vaccinated, so I don't have their mindset. Maybe they would rather draw unemployment than get the shot.
Vaccinated people have to test too.

This has been an interesting metric to follow - it tracks pretty well with cases.

If I'm looking at it right, that would seem to show that the downturn in 7-day rolling average may not be a fluke.

Shocker. I bet nobody saw this spike coming....:rolleyes:

That story has zero substance in it. The rally isn't even over, and they have no evidence yet whether it will or won't be a spreading event. It just has partisan jabs from the gov of S Dakota.

God yahoo news sucks.

That story has zero substance in it. The rally isn't even over, and they have no evidence yet whether it will or won't be a spreading event. It just has partisan jabs from the gov of S Dakota.

God yahoo news sucks.
Yeah, I'd say we'll need 10-14 days after the event to get an idea of what the actual impact will be. I think the event with that many people crammed into one place is a bad idea, but we don't know how bad yet.

God yahoo news sucks.
I'm looking forward to hearing from Gov Noem in mid September. (y)(y)(y)

God yahoo news sucks.
Yeah, bit premature. Outdoor things tend to not be a big deal. And we're they as critical of lollapalooza?

Now, indoor bar time might be an issue. But SD has very few cases.

Screenshot_20210816-195532_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm not sure it cased the big spike last summer, because it went on for so long. Even so, tiny amount of people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom