COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (6 Viewers)

Last night I did my weekly call with Mom. She told me she’s waiting for COVID test results. It certainly sounds like she‘s got it. I’m kinda ticked at her because she didn’t tell anyone, even though she’s had symptoms for two days. My sisters (one is an RN, the other a Paramedic) jumped into action after I passed that info to them.

Fortunately, Mom has the Moderna vaccine. However she has A LOT of other health issues. She already lives on an oxygen bottle as it is. It’s gonna be a crap week.

Well, Good News. Mom's test result came back NEGATIVE! WOOHOO!!

I got this morning at 4:00 am to get ready for work. On the ride in I started to feel a little light headed. No big deal I thought, I figured it was my blood pressure meds. We did our FOD walk and at the end I was sweating profusely and still felt a little dizzy. It was humid this morning so I thought that was why I was sweating. Problem was, I noticed no one else was sweating.
At seven I decided I Neto go home (smart) so I drove myself home (38 miles, not smart).
When I got home the walls were closing in fast. I laid on the bed and immediately got sick A lot. This went on all day, I’m just now able to sit up. My wife tried to get me in to see a doctor but no appointment available until tomorrow. The places she called said that there were no rapid COVID tests to be had so it will be a 24 hr wait for results

Yeah, bit premature. Outdoor things tend to not be a big deal. And we're they as critical of lollapalooza?

Now, indoor bar time might be an issue. But SD has very few cases.

Screenshot_20210816-195532_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm not sure it cased the big spike last summer, because it went on for so long. Even so, tiny amount of people.

Lollapalooza was (allegedly) 90% vaccinated.

Is that due to possible exposure? They are probably over doing the quarantines.

Our kid starts in 2 days....
Better safe than sorry. Although this is Florida, so who knows. They take "extra" to a whole new meaning.

Looks like most of the schools have 1-5 cases. One school has 34. Two or three are in the 20's. The rest are far less. Just talking students here.

I got this morning at 4:00 am to get ready for work. On the ride in I started to feel a little light headed. No big deal I thought, I figured it was my blood pressure meds. We did our FOD walk and at the end I was sweating profusely and still felt a little dizzy. It was humid this morning so I thought that was why I was sweating. Problem was, I noticed no one else was sweating.
At seven I decided I Neto go home (smart) so I drove myself home (38 miles, not smart).
When I got home the walls were closing in fast. I laid on the bed and immediately got sick A lot. This went on all day, I’m just now able to sit up. My wife tried to get me in to see a doctor but no appointment available until tomorrow. The places she called said that there were no rapid COVID tests to be had so it will be a 24 hr wait for results
Can you get an at-home BinaxNow test from CVS or Walgreens? Better than nothing at this point.

Can you get an at-home BinaxNow test from CVS or Walgreens? Better than nothing at this point.
I looked around my area today, but couldn't find any. I bought a pack from Walmart's website to have on hand, just in case. I hope it collects dust.

Did you get the test or still trying to determine your options?

Charleston County will be the next school district to attempt to defy state law and require masks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom