COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (10 Viewers)

Does anyone have a good source for pediatric deaths from COVID? I'm trying to get my head around how big the numbers are. I found this page which seems to say it is a total of 423 (131 under 4 years old, 292 among 5-18 years old) dating back to last March. I know cases are rising with Delta but the news articles I've found are sort of all over the map with data.

This report from the American Association of Pediatrics is updated on Mondays. Scroll down for the full PDF report button. The report is caveated with the fact that it depends on state reporting, which is inconsistent. The pediatric mortality data begins on page 20 of the weekly PDF.

This report from the American Association of Pediatrics is updated on Mondays. Scroll down for the full PDF report button. The report is caveated with the fact that it depends on state reporting, which is inconsistent. The pediatric mortality data begins on page 20 of the weekly PDF.

Thanks - looks like their total number is 378 (though missing several states).

Thanks - looks like their total number is 378 (though missing several states).

Yep. You can also get more current pediatric hospitalization from CDC here:

You might have to toggle the data for age 0-17.

Better news for LA on the new cases and % positives.

As long as there are parish's just above 30% vaccination rate, none of this really matters to me. Terrebonne Parish was something abysmal like 31%, Orleans was like 55% and Jefferson was 50.5%, 9 parish's was low 40's to mid 40's and some still low 30's.

Can you get an at-home BinaxNow test from CVS or Walgreens? Better than nothing at this point.
I did find a Walgreens in Meridian that had 3 kits on hand. I bought one and I have tested negative.
I went ahead and had a test done at Walmart, now they say 2-3 days for results. I feel a lot better. Now I have to see if my work will let me come back before I get results from that test.

so we havent received word yet, but have asked our kids respective schools, if they will accept a negative from one of the 3 home test kits.

has anyone had similar experience in getting an answer?

( even employer )

so we havent received word yet, but have asked our kids respective schools, if they will accept a negative from one of the 3 home test kits.

has anyone had similar experience in getting an answer?

( even employer )

I think it totally depends on the specific policy. If it requires a PCR test, they won't take a rapid test (which is an antigen test).

I was just in CVS picking up a prescription and while I was there - they sold their last 2 at home test kits. 3 people got vaccinated. And one girl came in mad because she couldn't get an appointment at any CVS and they (her job, presumably) were MAKING her get vaccinated. She was determined.

This vaccine mandate in NOLA just might be helping.

Well, good news to report, my in laws who had been sick for 2 weeks were finally well enough to go in and get vaccinated today. Considering they were rabidly anti-vax a couple of months ago...I'm relieved they finally saw the light. They dodged a bullet. Both of them were knocked out for a while.

Everyone in my house is vaccinated and we're all well. Phew!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom