COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (17 Viewers)

I need some feedback... Last week, my 11yo daughter was quarantined from school for ten days (she can go back this coming Monday), because one of the other kids on the dance team tested positive (my daughter and a few other kids were deemed "close contacts").

This week, not much in the way of symptoms. Maybe a little sniffle here and there. Nothing consistent or prolonged, or unusual.

Despite her lack of symptoms, I decided to get her tested today. I thought it was the right thing to do for the school/classmates, and for my own peace of mind. The test (Walgreens Abbot ID Now rapid test) came back positive. I drove back to Walgreens, bought the Binax at-home test kit. First Binax came back negative. Second Binax was negative as well.

So now I have a positive drive-through test and two negative Binax tests. She doesn't need a negative test to return to school, but I am just not sure how to interpret these results. Should I get her tested again at Walgreens (really not loving the idea of exposing both of us to a line of people at an urgent care)? Should I accept the two negatives and deem the positive a false-positive and send her to school on Monday? Or should I put more weight on the Walgreens drive-through test and deem the Binax tests false-negatives, and consider her to be positive and thus hold her out of school for an additional week?

I need some feedback... Last week, my 11yo daughter was quarantined from school for ten days (she can go back this coming Monday), because one of the other kids on the dance team tested positive (my daughter and a few other kids were deemed "close contacts").

This week, not much in the way of symptoms. Maybe a little sniffle here and there. Nothing consistent or prolonged, or unusual.

Despite her lack of symptoms, I decided to get her tested today. I thought it was the right thing to do for the school/classmates, and for my own peace of mind. The test (Walgreens Abbot ID Now rapid test) came back positive. I drove back to Walgreens, bought the Binax at-home test kit. First Binax came back negative. Second Binax was negative as well.

So now I have a positive drive-through test and two negative Binax tests. She doesn't need a negative test to return to school, but I am just not sure how to interpret these results. Should I get her tested again at Walgreens (really not loving the idea of exposing both of us to a line of people at an urgent care)? Should I accept the two negatives and deem the positive a false-positive and send her to school on Monday? Or should I put more weight on the Walgreens drive-through test and deem the Binax tests false-negatives, and consider her to be positive and thus hold her out of school for an additional week?

Get a PCR test. Only way to know for sure. And hold her out until you get the results.

My 2 cents.

well you have some time so i would contact her pediatric physician and ask for a PCR test. Those usually are 48-72 hr results and MUCH more conclusive.

where you located?

well you have some time so i would contact her pediatric physician and ask for a PCR test. Those usually are 48-72 hr results and MUCH more conclusive.
If you ask, you may be able to get PCR results back faster. My son had a PCR test in May at a local urgent care. Since he was scheduled to take his first vaccination shot the next day, the nurse offered to get the results to us same day. This was possible we were there in the morning, before their courier came and took the samples to the lab.

The lab contacts someone at the urgent care in the evening. From there, they can contact people by text or phone call if patients need answers quickly.

My son was tested about 11:00 a.m., and we got his results vis text about 9:00 p.m. that night.

Get a PCR test. Only way to know for sure. And hold her out until you get the results.

My 2 cents.

I have a PCR scheduled at Walgreens tomorrow morning. I believe it is still a self-administered test, similar to the Rapid. Funny, I went deeper into the nostril with the Binax than I did with the Walgreens (because the Walgreens positive result convinced me there was something worth digging for).

where you located?

Kenna brah. The Walgreens site has a link to the lab websites, where you can see their current estimated turnaround time. The lab is currently 12-ish hours. Her test is tomorrow at 11:15am, hopefully early enough to get the results same day or at least over the weekend.

I called and spoke with the pediatrician's front-desk attendant, and she said they do not do covid testing in-house.

Makes me really upset that all these people that refuse science and won't get the vaccine are the first to rush to a hospital for help when they get end up getting covid. Today, my mom gets punished because she couldn't get her full infusion for her serious arthritis condition because the drugs she gets are in short supply due to treating covid patients.

A whole 7%!?!? Wow, that must be in like, the tens...
Yeah, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around how the vaccinated are to blame. Is it because we're hogging up all the vaccine, going get a fresh dose every day like we're shooting up drugs in a back alley and the unvaccinated just can't get to the supply?

Yeah, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around how the vaccinated are to blame. Is it because we're hogging up all the vaccine, going get a fresh dose every day like we're shooting up drugs in a back alley and the unvaccinated just can't get to the supply?

They are pushing two theories: (1) vaccinated people are partying like it’s 1999 and still spreading virus so it’s their fault (b/c the disciplined unvaccinated people are staying home in their masks I suppose ?) and then (2) which is popular among the hardcore disbelievers: vaccinated people “shed” virus infecting themselves and their whole families.

My daughter in third-grade made the school website’s first week of school page.

Working hard in her mask. Bless her heart. They’re going to remember this forever.

A5C5B052-0171-4077-8D60-9A39D9CAEC17.jpeg

Also her:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom