COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (12 Viewers)

Interesting article about how the US covid timeline keeps moving back earlier and earlier and, along similar lines, new podcast that look into the origins of the virus and how the CCP operates. The author who is interviewed (WashPost reporter) was in the middle of writing a book about Chinese-US relations in 2019/2020 when COVID first popped up.

ok so this podcast led me to find out more about Ralph Baric. He is a virologist who partnered with with Zhengli Shi, head of the Wuhan lab -

here is a report from 2015 that he authored along with Shi and others about a new discovery -

Here from 2013 when he sought out Shi to "reverse engineer" the ability to grow this novel virus in the lab

The evidence is starting to line up for me in that this outbreak escaped WIV. The lab was activley cultivating mice with ACE2 human lung receptors and injecting them with this new virus called SHC014. Its becoming possible that SHC014, thru "gain of function" research, mutated to be SARS COV-2.

Factor in the messages sent in 2017/18 from US diplomats in China about the severe "lack of safety" WIV had and the request for additional support to solidify their safety and controls, im starting to believe that this was the worst lab accident in the history of the world.

Let it be known, the purpose of all this was to determine how to COMBAT a novel virus such as SHC014 if it were to make the leap to human transmission. To be prepared, develop a vaccine etc etc.

We will probably never know the truth as China simply will never let it be known( going to great lengths to keep it under wraps ) . But i suspect at some point in the future, the truth will eventually make itself known.

ok so this podcast led me to find out more about Ralph Baric. He is a virologist who partnered with with Zhengli Shi, head of the Wuhan lab -

here is a report from 2015 that he authored along with Shi and others about a new discovery -

Here from 2013 when he sought out Shi to "reverse engineer" the ability to grow this novel virus in the lab

The evidence is starting to line up for me in that this outbreak escaped WIV. The lab was activley cultivating mice with ACE2 human lung receptors and injecting them with this new virus called SHC014. Its becoming possible that SHC014, thru "gain of function" research, mutated to be SARS COV-2.

Factor in the messages sent in 2017/18 from US diplomats in China about the severe "lack of safety" WIV had and the request for additional support to solidify their safety and controls, im starting to believe that this was the worst lab accident in the history of the world.

Let it be known, the purpose of all this was to determine how to COMBAT a novel virus such as SHC014 if it were to make the leap to human transmission. To be prepared, develop a vaccine etc etc.

We will probably never know the truth as China simply will never let it be known( going to great lengths to keep it under wraps ) . But i suspect at some point in the future, the truth will eventually make itself known.
Yeah, I've long thought there was smoke coming from the lab there. Never really thought the whole wet market thing was legit. Regardless, at this point, I'm not sure exactly what else could be done. I suppose China could be sanctioned for their negligence or something. But I'm not exactly sure what the point of all that actually ends up being.

In any case, this will end up on MAP since it's largely a political issue.

Yeah, I've long thought there was smoke coming from the lab there. Never really thought the whole wet market thing was legit. Regardless, at this point, I'm not sure exactly what else could be done. I suppose China could be sanctioned for their negligence or something. But I'm not exactly sure what the point of all that actually ends up being.

In any case, this will end up on MAP since it's largely a political issue.

There in lies the problem for the world.

If we dont "fund" then we dont get to get "inside" these BL4 level labs. Period. Its a catch 22 for the world. China will continue research with or without world funding.

We funded to specifically have access to "supervise" the workings of the lab. We inspected and found massive issues in safety and controls ( staffing, training, expertise etc ) - but we stopped there. Geopolitics entered the equation and here we are.

I dont think its "political " in the true sense of looking to place blame at this point ( im speaking domestic politics ) . The WORLD deserves to know the truth- and if it was an accident, while not acceptable, its an answer. What China does after is up to them. But it should be known how we ended up here.

I was 100% convinced immediately this wasn't some wet market jump. What was troubling were the scientists running with the story and saying there was no way this was an engineered virus even though we didn't (and still don't) have the data to support the origins.

I was 100% convinced immediately this wasn't some wet market jump. What was troubling were the scientists running with the story and saying there was no way this was an engineered virus even though we didn't (and still don't) have the data to support the origins.

well it wasnt "engineered" in the sense of some mad scientist making some novel virus to infect the world.

They were doing in order to gain an understanding of how it would manifest itself into human transmission, and by doing so, gain a better understanding of how to develop a vaccine against it.

But unfortunately some of the folks handling this virus were not properly trained in the safety and control aspect, which could lead to a disaster.

It very well may have.

so looks like hospitalizations starting to wane. down to 2838 now. Cases over weekend seem to be the lowest for a weekend in last 3 weeks.

Vent usage up, which isnt surprising, since that and deaths have always lagged case count.

but MAYBE we have seen the peak and now are at plateau/backside. Fingers crossed.

so looks like hospitalizations starting to wane. down to 2838 now. Cases over weekend seem to be the lowest for a weekend in last 3 weeks.

Vent usage up, which isnt surprising, since that and deaths have always lagged case count.

but MAYBE we have seen the peak and now are at plateau/backside. Fingers crossed.
Yep, the trends over the last week are looking better for Louisiana. Now, if we can get through the next week or two (as more schools open) without going back up, we should see a steady decline through the fall. The question then becomes can we get enough people vaccinated before the end of November when last year's winter surge started.

Latest numbers from Sacred Heart Hospital--Pensacola

Current Inpatients are averaging just under 200. Between 180-190.
This is up from the usual numbers of just a month ago of about 35 inpatients average per day.

There is an average of 85-90% of these inpatient admissions that are unvaccinated patients.

This little tidbit was included in the email that I found interesting:

"This week we are anticipating a wave of travelers (nursing and respiratory therapy) and Premium Pay Nurses to help our workforce. A third and more substantial wave will come starting the August 30, 2021. In total we expect an additional 40 team members to provide reinforcement and replenishment to our wonderful team."

Latest numbers from Sacred Heart Hospital--Pensacola

Current Inpatients are averaging just under 200. Between 180-190.
This is up from the usual numbers of just a month ago of about 35 inpatients average per day.

There is an average of 85-90% of these inpatient admissions that are unvaccinated patients.

This little tidbit was included in the email that I found interesting:

"This week we are anticipating a wave of travelers (nursing and respiratory therapy) and Premium Pay Nurses to help our workforce. A third and more substantial wave will come starting the August 30, 2021. In total we expect an additional 40 team members to provide reinforcement and replenishment to our wonderful team."

Kudos to them for being proactive instead of reactive. Least someone is listening to the data.

Schools started here (Arkansas) last week. Today two co-workers had to call in because their children are sick with covid-like symptoms. They do not attend the same school either.

There isn't any way that schools are going to be able to control Delta. I worry that many are complacent since last year schools were fine. That's not the case anymore.

I fear we are about to see explosions of cases among school aged children.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom