COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

We start with our hybrid schedule tomorrow. It should help with the numbers of students we've had to quarantine.

We had like 20% of the entire grade out today. I had two in my homeroom call home sick by 8:30 am. There's a 5th grade class that had three students show up today. Out of 25.

Absolutely no signs of going virtual or hybrid at the moment. We'll see what happens I guess.
And you’re ahead of us by about a week iirc. My wife thinks the school district has a hybrid plan in case it gets bad. But no clue what the threshold is.

Latest numbers from Sacred Heart Hospital--Pensacola

Current Inpatients are averaging just under 200. Between 180-190.
This is up from the usual numbers of just a month ago of about 35 inpatients average per day.

There is an average of 85-90% of these inpatient admissions that are unvaccinated patients.

This little tidbit was included in the email that I found interesting:

"This week we are anticipating a wave of travelers (nursing and respiratory therapy) and Premium Pay Nurses to help our workforce. A third and more substantial wave will come starting the August 30, 2021. In total we expect an additional 40 team members to provide reinforcement and replenishment to our wonderful team."
Sounds like they are giving the staff a much needed break, and more help will arrive next week to give more staff a break. That's good.

I read the article and may have missed it, but what speed would the fan need to be set to?

How loud and disruptive would this contraption be? Directly related to the question about fan speed.
All speeds would help. Max would do the most, so long as it was built sturdy enough to handle it. Depends on the box fan.

I have a small Blue Filter (smaller than the image I'm sharing) I mostly use for the bedroom, since I have allergies. But, when guests would come over, I'd set it up in the living room, or if the kids have a friend over, I'll often put it in their room. just, added layers. Anyway, High is the best, but even on Low these were rated to do very well in terms of particulate and smoke removal. I generally run it on medium, unless I just put it in the new room, then I go high to start off. You can kinda smell the difference, but after a while, you just get used to it.

The Blue filter design is basically what the DIY'er is sort of copying.

Or just pay ~$300 to cover a large room, or less for a smaller one.

https://www.blueair.com/us/air-purifiers/blue-pure-211-plus-auto/2619.html?cgid=air-purifiers

Amazon and Best Buy have them as well. Consumer Reports rated them tops.

1629773074866.png

Had a three hour meeting with my employer today trying to get them to change their policy of charging people with attendance infractions who report exposure, symptoms, and those who are sent home. People are coming in ill, and/or exposed because they can't afford the attendance infraction. The company refused.

They doubled down on their stance today when one of the guys on my crew reported that his daughter tested positive and that he was with her all weekend. The company reasoned that it doesn't count as exposure because he's vaccinated and isn't showing symptoms yet. He was given the choice of an attendance infraction or come in and expose the rest of us. He's here. No mask. 60 years old, diabetic, overweight.

We have six positive cases and several more pending results.
We have the exact opposite order.... stay home. Even for major allergies, until you know it's not. Granted, most in the office can do some of their work from home. But, about 20-30% need to be in the office/plant. But, we also mandated masks again.

p.s. I'm sure you tried this approach, but I'd sell it as taking a hit with your work force / productivity now, to stave off a bigger hit later. Because, people will start to lie and then we're really going to shut down.

We had like 20% of the entire grade out today. I had two in my homeroom call home sick by 8:30 am. There's a 5th grade class that had three students show up today. Out of 25.

Absolutely no signs of going virtual or hybrid at the moment. We'll see what happens I guess.
The schools are in a tough position. Balance between the State, County, Parents, and Teachers. I wonder if this approach is just the tough love, to get everyone to realize how much it hurts them to not behave better. Once Billy, Tommy, and Lisa's Mom and/or Dad have to miss work for a week, they might get their kids to wash their hands, wear a mask, and stop being stupid.

One can dream, right?

And you’re ahead of us by about a week iirc. My wife thinks the school district has a hybrid plan in case it gets bad. But no clue what the threshold is.
Probably depends on how many parents complain. Let the parents own the decision, or at least use some as the scape goat. Otherwise, the school is in a no win position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom