COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (21 Viewers)

Vaccinations have slowed down in Louisiana, it seems. Possibly because of the Ida aftermath. We had jumped over a couple of states (ND, AR & GA and about to catch TN ) but now we've dropped below again. Back to sixth from bottom with a 41.6% overall vaccination rate.
Tennessee 42%
Georgia4 1.9%
Arkansas 41.8%
North Dakota 41.7%
Louisiana 41.6%
West Virginia 39.7%
Idaho 39.3%
Wyoming 38.7%
Alabama 38.4%
Mississippi 38.4%
West Virginia probably handled Covid about as well as possible given the political dynamics. The Republican Governor really took it seriously, did exactly what was needed. However, they can not get the vaccine rate up and they have a low level of immunity. The stage is set for a really horrific outbreak there.

I have zero doubt it is true. I've seen plenty of stories like from medical staff.

Constantly amazed at how big of a butt crevasse some people can be

Even pre pandemic deliberately coughing in someone's face was an invitation to be punched in the throat

But to do it to a doctor or nurse? who's there to help you? in a pandemic?

I'd have no problem if that guy was immediately discharged and forcibly removed from the hospital

Give the bed, time and treatment to someone else - I'm sure their waiting room is full of people

Last edited:
Too bad they can't say, "You know what? Get the fork out of my hospital. Now."
His actions make me angry,but it's better off he's confined. If he were released,he'd probably be intentionally spreading
it to the general public.

Constantly amazed at how big of a butt crevasse some people can be

Even pre pandemic deliberately coughing in someone's face was an invitation to be punched in the throat

But to do it to a doctor or nurse? who's there to help you? in a pandemic?

I'd have no problem if that guy was immediately discharged and forcibly removed from the hospital

Give the bed, time and treatment to someone else - I'm sure their waiting room is full of people
In my book he has certainly lost his right to medical treatment.
Unless he's agreeable to being put into a medically induced coma for the rest of his hospital stay... he's outta there! :dl:

MiL has it. She is vaccinated but has severe heart and lung issues because she's fat and doesn't take care of herself after she had a minor stroke 11 years ago. She was feeling bad a week ago and losing her breath and my wife, the RN, told her to go get tested and call the doctor and try to get ahead of it, but she's a moron so she let it go until today where she can barely walk and her O2 sats are 88 with a 140 bpm heart rate. Now she's getting admitted to the hospital and will probably go on a vent at some point. FML.

MiL has it. She is vaccinated but has severe heart and lung issues because she's fat and doesn't take care of herself after she had a minor stroke 11 years ago. She was feeling bad a week ago and losing her breath and my wife, the RN, told her to go get tested and call the doctor and try to get ahead of it, but she's a moron so she let it go until today where she can barely walk and her O2 sats are 88 with a 140 bpm heart rate. Now she's getting admitted to the hospital and will probably go on a vent at some point. FML.

Damn sorry man. Hopefully they get her back on the upswing soon.

Part of being in a cult is gladly accepting death rather than relinquishing membership.

Jonestown, Heaven's Gate, Branch Davidians.

And if you don't think it can happen on a national scale, go do a little reading on the American campaign in the Pacific during WWII.

It's increasingly difficult to deny that it's where a large portion of our countrymen are heading.

Unless you're in it, of course, in which case denying all the evidence from your eyes and ears is the first commandment.

So I am increasingly less suprised about these situations, as the pressure to maintain membership in the face of adversity ramps up the internal pressure.

The early cruelty (dismissing veterans, putting kids in cages) was the point. After just a few years of aggressive desensifacation, here we are. And what a short, strange trip it's been.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom