COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (12 Viewers)

I'll admit most of this goes over my head. I'll never profess to being a medical expert. There is some good info about Lamda
here. We'll know more in the future,but it may be more vaccine resistant than other strains.

It is time to pay more attention to the Lambda variant of SARS-CoV-2. As the Delta variant ravages communities in Asia, Europe, and the United States, another variant of interest, Lambda, is spreading rapidly throughout South America.

The Lambda variant, or C.37, was first identified in Peru as early as August 2020. Initially, Lambda infections were relatively rare. However, in recent months Lambda has become the dominant variant in Argentina, Chile, and Colombia. Lambda has been identified in most US States, though the strain has yet to gain traction. Lambda now accounts for less than one percent of all infections but given its trajectory in Latin America, it is well watching closely.

Yeah. I check the vaccination rates on NPR (they source the CDC) and the % of total population fully vaccinated was stuck in the low 35% range for many days. We are now at 36.6% It's starting to move again.
On 26JULY we were at 36.6 and we finally, hit the 40% mark in Louisiana. And this chart metric won't hold, but it does indicate that we are ascending quickly at the moment. It's been like that for a couple of weeks.

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 10.31.10 AM.png

On 26JULY we were at 36.6 and we finally, hit the 40% mark in Louisiana. And this chart metric won't hold, but it does indicate that we are ascending quickly at the moment. It's been like that for a couple of weeks.

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 10.31.10 AM.png

I think we got a nice push because people were finally realizing Delta wasn't a joke. I think if we start to plane off and descend, that vaccine rates will trickle down again. It's just the southern mentality.

Well, i hope my wife's uncle (who is unvaxed in Arkansas) has been in the hospital for 2 weeks with Covid (now pneumonia) was in ICU for a couple days, He's finally starting to recover. He had Covid a few months ago and barely had any symptoms, so i guess he thought it wasn't so bad. His wife was also in the hospital for a couple days, but wasn't as bad. Hopefully they change their minds on getting vaxed.

Well, i hope my wife's uncle (who is unvaxed in Arkansas) has been in the hospital for 2 weeks with Covid (now pneumonia) was in ICU for a couple days, He's finally starting to recover. He had Covid a few months ago and barely had any symptoms, so i guess he thought it wasn't so bad. His wife was also in the hospital for a couple days, but wasn't as bad. Hopefully they change their minds on getting vaxed.
And hopefully they can change the minds of other people around them.

Wife has started seeing a few breakthrough cases in the micu. Still a very very small percentage of the cases they get and usually are immunocompromised. Cases have skyrocketed just this week. She can look at how many + cases are in the system. Just a few weeks ago they had 4. At the beginning of her shift yesterday they had 57 and by 3am it was 79.

On the school front....I feel for the superintendents. They have an impossible thing being asked of them. We've corresponded several times with ours and I 100% feel he's doing the very best he can with what he's working with and he truly has the kids at the forefront of decisions. He gets it from many many angles at once though. He also said that in the last 12 months he's had more kids attempt suicide or threaten suicide than he has in his 17 years of being in the schools. That speaks volumes of the stress that's on the kids.

The deaths are the numbers that concern me. I know they always lag the cases data, but damn...

1629831058122.png

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — People in Oregon, regardless of vaccination status, will once again be required to wear masks in most public outdoor settings — including large outdoor events where physical distancing is not possible — beginning Friday.

The outdoor mask mandate, which was announced Tuesday by Gov. Kate Brown, is part of a growing list of statewide mandates implemented in Oregon in an attempt to slow the rapid spread of COVID-19. There was already an indoor mask rule in place.

Over the past month, coronavirus cases, fueled by the highly transmissible delta variant, have overwhelmed hospitals in the Pacific Northwest state……..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom