COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (15 Viewers)

Dear Lord. No, it's not a violation of the ADA.

I'd imagine it would be similar to A.4.

A.4. Does the ADA allow employers to require employees to stay home if they have symptoms of the COVID-19? (3/17/20)

Yes. The CDC states that employees who become ill with symptoms of COVID-19 should leave the workplace. The ADA does not interfere with employers following this advice.

1502104670-cam-modern-family.gif

The difference I think is employer vs employee instead of faculty vs student.
Agreed, which is why I said "similar". However, I figured Chuck probably knows the answer and I trust him when he says it's not an ADA violation, in any case. Just was showing another example.

Agreed, which is why I said "similar". However, I figured Chuck probably knows the answer and I trust him when he says it's not an ADA violation, in any case. Just was showing another example.
As someone who deals with employment law and has two decades in higher ed administration, I also concur that it is not and has never been a violation of the ADA. Whatever is in the water in Texas...

Yeah, what the heck? At the school my daughter goes to...JMU, they absolutely will tell a student showing symptoms to go home.

Also, they have a student agreement that basically says students not following Covid protocols in place can be sent home (even suspended or expelled), and without reimbursement. They take this seriously.

Yeah, what the heck? At the school my daughter goes to...JMU, they absolutely will tell a student showing symptoms to go home.

Also, they have a student agreement that basically says students not following Covid protocols in place can be sent home (even suspended or expelled), and without reimbursement. They take this seriously.

Because JMU's administrators haven't lost their minds.

welp 6619 cases 110 deaths 2844 in hospital and 472 on vent ( 480 yest )

starting to look like we are on a plateau not a peak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom