COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

Interesting article
==============
It’s basically over already. It will end this October. Or maybe it won’t be over till next spring, or late next year, or two or three years down the road.

From the most respected epidemiologists to public health experts who have navigated past disease panics, from polemicists to political partisans, there are no definitive answers to the central question in American life: As a Drudge Report headline put it recently, “is it ever going to end?”

With children returning to classrooms, in many cases for the first time in 18 months, and as the highly contagious delta variant and spotty vaccination uptake send case numbers and deaths shooting upward, many Americans wonder what exactly has to happen before life can return to something that looks and feels like 2019.

The answers come in a kaleidoscopic cavalcade of scenarios, some suggested with utmost humility, others with mathematical confidence: The pandemic will end because deaths finally drop to about the same level we’re accustomed to seeing from the flu each year.

Or it will end when most kids are vaccinated. Or it will end because Americans are finally exhausted by all the restrictions on daily life………

^^ and i think this is the main cultural tension we're dealing with culturally - the real divide seems to be with those who 'appreciate' ambiguity and those who NEED answers
we see it again and again, there is a goodly chunk of people in the country who grasp onto answers regardless of whether the answer is correct or not (not a new phenomenon - we're just in a dynamic where it's VERY easy to give and find wrong/easy answers)
the confusion of the beginning of Covid (which was both understandable but also amplified for insidious intent) hurt a lot
"we don't know yet"/"we're trying to figure it out" - those were true and understandable statements that a certain portion of the population just could not square - that medicine did not have immediate answers or had answers that shifted when information shifted was just untenable for many

Interesting article
==============
It’s basically over already. It will end this October. Or maybe it won’t be over till next spring, or late next year, or two or three years down the road.

From the most respected epidemiologists to public health experts who have navigated past disease panics, from polemicists to political partisans, there are no definitive answers to the central question in American life: As a Drudge Report headline put it recently, “is it ever going to end?”

With children returning to classrooms, in many cases for the first time in 18 months, and as the highly contagious delta variant and spotty vaccination uptake send case numbers and deaths shooting upward, many Americans wonder what exactly has to happen before life can return to something that looks and feels like 2019.

The answers come in a kaleidoscopic cavalcade of scenarios, some suggested with utmost humility, others with mathematical confidence: The pandemic will end because deaths finally drop to about the same level we’re accustomed to seeing from the flu each year.

Or it will end when most kids are vaccinated. Or it will end because Americans are finally exhausted by all the restrictions on daily life………

I think it already ended for the vaccinated and we just haven't realized it yet.

I think it already ended for the vaccinated and we just haven't realized it yet.
Maybe, but I don't think so.

I think it might be if there were enough vaccinated and if we were keeping enough other measures in place sufficient to actually get the numbers of cases down to the point where the combination of a highly vaccinated population and minimal measures were enough to suppress it.

But that's not where we're at. We're at a significant part of the population being against vaccination, and another part actively campaigning against public health measures, which means we're still having waves of high numbers of cases, increasing exposure to everyone, including the vaccinated. And while the vaccines are great, they're a reduction, not an elimination, of risk; there's still quite a high chance of infection, and (depending on the individual's base level of risk), a varying but potentially still significant risk of severe illness, which could still involve long-term symptoms, including potentially neurological ones. And that's without considering the potential impact of further variants.

I don't think we're at the point where we can say that, if you're vaccinated, it won't ever be bad even if you're repeatedly exposed to it.

Basically, I don't think it'll be over, until a bunch of us stop acting like it's already over and we collectively do the work necessary to make it be over.

The BinaxNow test is reasonably accurate when you have symptoms. It throws up a lot of false negatives in infected people that are asymptomatic.

For best effect, you’re meant to take both tests in the box about 36 hours apart give or take.

I am just going to leave this right here...

....it is evident that ivermectin therapy has significant adverse effects on the sperm functions of male onchocerciasis patients so treated. There was a significant reduction or drop in the sperm counts of the patients after their treatment with ivermectin. Furthermore, the study showed a significant and remarkable drop in the sperm motility of the patients after their treatment with ivermectin. As for the morphology of the sperm, there was a rise in the abnormal sperms after treatment compared with the morphology before the commencement of treatment. These changes no doubt are as results of the effects of the drug on the sperm function of the patients.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom